III

Script of the Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           “Wait, you’re Jayims?” the woman gasps.

           He takes a finger and places it gently on her lips. They are soft on his fingers and he can feel her shiver.

           “Shh,” he whispers, “That’s supposed to be a secret. That’s why I use another name.” He adds a wink at the end of his sentence.

           She cannot hold back her smile. “I finished reading The Three Horsemen just last week! I really enjoyed it. I mean, the way you write is so captivating and unique. Most books are told in the perspective of the investigator but you’ve illustrated the story from the other side. It stills makes me shiver as there are moments I really sympathized with Dane.”

           Jaebum nods his head. Dane: the main male protagonist in The Three Horsemen. The Three Horsemen was probably his most tedious book. It required a lot more reading than he would have liked and the whole process of creating the story was too short for his liking. However, as with each of his work, he cherished it and was proud of the outcome.

           “So you’re here this time to do research for your next book then?” she turns to him with a new twinkle. Her favourite author is in front of her and he is so much more handsome than she could ever imagine. It is like he is Dane from his books: mysterious, suave and y.

           “Yes. I was hoping you would show me around the museum some time actually.” With deliberate steps, he makes a show of studying each of the sculptures that have been put on display.

           “Oh, I don’t actually work here. I’m just here as a spokesperson to bring some new pieces,” she says.

           But he already knows. He has been watching her for weeks now anyways.

           “That’s unfortunate,” he states.

           She is quick to follow up. “I may not work at this museum but I do know quite a bit about these sculptures if that’s what you’re interested in. Perhaps if you’re free tonight we can – ”

           “Dinner?” he finishes her question, “I’d be delighted, Ms. Michel.”

           He notices the pink that flushes across her cheeks at the mere mention of her name. He smiles, knowing that everything is going according to plan.

           “Let’s say, we meet at Chez Papineau tonight at 7pm? You mentioned you’re off work by then right?”

           “7:30,” she offers, “I’ve got – I’ve got something to finish up here. I’d hate to make you wait for me if it ends later than anticipated.”

           He knows that she is making an excuse for herself so she can return to her hotel and freshen herself up before meeting up with him. He doesn’t correct her but only nods.

           “I’ll see you tonight then.”

           She smiles and lightly touches his fingers.

           “Tonight.”

<< >>

           Suzy had always been considered pretty amongst all her friends. With her heart-shaped features, doe-like eyes and rosy cheeks, there were always boys chasing after her at school.

           She never paid attention to them, however. That was because she had already set her eyes on one boy in university.

           Byun Baekhyun. A vocal major. He was always surrounded by his friends and together, without a fail, would appear at every charity event to sing for the crowd. She had first noticed him upon hearing his voice. The sweet, clear voice. One that she would grow accustomed to hear it say, “Suzy, I love you.”

           She had attended all his concerts and cheered for him at all his events. She made sure that she took the front seat so she could watch him perform. After a year of following him around like a puppy (as her friends liked to ) she decided she would confess to him on Valentine’s Day. It was to her surprise when the afternoon arrived and a knock came at her Art History lec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter