Bored at home

Romance vs Bromance

Kikwang’s POV

“That girl just now was kinda cute, why didn’t I ask for her number? Hope I have the chance to talk to her again.”

“YA LEE GIKWANG! What took you so long?! I’m hungry!”

“Mianhae hyung, I’m coming!”

Doojoon hyung is always angry when he’s hungry >.<

 

Since it was the summer holidays, the rest of the guys went back to their own home before the new semester started, leaving me and Doojoon hyung.

 

We decided to order pizza for dinner as Doojoon hyung was too lazy to go out for dinner.
 

Feeling restless and bored after dinner, I decided to head down to the nearby basketball court to burn off some fats after eating the sinful pizza.

 

“Hyung! Wanna go play some backetball?”

“Ani, I’m not in the mood today.”

“Aigoo this hyung and his mood swings.. I’ll just go by myself then.”

 

Your POV

After settling down and arranging all the stuffs that you bought, it was time for some cooking!

 

You have always loved to cook when you were feeling unhappy, and today’s menu shall be what you loved the most, cheese tteokbokki!

 

“Ahh I’m so full!! Time to hang my fairy lights since I have to sleep alone tonight!”

 

Overestimating your height, you realized that you were not tall enough to hang the fairy lights at the position where you wanted them.


“Aish why did oppa buy such a small ladder for me? Or is it because I am really this short?! How am I going to sleep tonight…”

 

You decided to call your oppa to see if he was free to come down to help you, but to your disappointment he was not.

 

“Mianhae Haeun-ah, oppa have an important dinner tonight, I promise I’ll come down tomorrow alright?”

“Today is really a bad day for me.. Guess I have no choice but to sleep with the lights on tonight.”

 

Then, an idea came to you. You decided to head down to the basketball court that you passed by earlier today to play some basketball. After all the exercise you will be tired and able to fall asleep fast!

 

Changing into your sports attire, you grabbed your basketball and headed down. Basketball was your favourite sport since you were young, and you even represented the school. Although your short height puts you at a disadvantage, your quick reflexes and speed made up for it.

 

Arriving at the basketball court, someone was already there playing alone. You observed him from afar, and his skills were not bad you thought to yourself.

“Oh? Haeun-sshi! It’s you right?” the guy stopped playing and walked towards you.

 

You then realized that it was Kikwang.

 

“How did you know that I was here? Need my help with something?”

 

“Annyeong kikwang-sshi, I’m just here to play some basketball. Didn’t expect to see you here too!”

 

“I guess that’s fate?” he said with a wink. “Let’s play together! I won’t let you off easily because you’re a girl!”

 

“Bring it on!” you said with confidence.

 

After an hour, both of you were exhausted, and decided to head to the convenience store for some drinks.

 

“Woah you sure play well for a girl!” Gikwang said.

“And you sure play well for your height!” you rebutted.

“At least I’m taller than you!”

“That’s because you’re a guy!”

Gikwang tried to hit your head but you dodged it fast enough.

“YA you come over here!”

You started to run away and he started to chase after you, and soon enough you two reached the apartment panting.

Exchanging eye contact while catching your breaths, both of you started laughing at your silliness.

“Let’s not call each other with –sshi anymore. How old are you?” Gikwang asked.

“I’m 20 this year, and you?”

“HA looks like you have to call me oppa! I’m 3 years older than you!” he said with a pleased look on his face.

“Why not I’ll call you hyung! Either that or I’ll just call you Gikwang-SSHI.”

“Aiyeee alright hyung then! It sounds better than –sshi.”he said in defeat.

While in the lift, you suddenly remembered your fairy lights, and decided to ask Gikwang for help since he was taller.

“HAHAHAHA I can’t believe that you don’t dare to sleep alone in the dark!” Gikwang burst out in laughter after knowing the reason behind the fairy lights.

“Everyone have their own fears okay! Just wait till I find yours and I’ll laugh at you!” you said with an angry pouting face.

“Arrraso arraso, I’m just teasing you! I gotta go now! Goodnight and sweet dreams my dongsaeng!”

“Goodnight hyung, and thank you!” you said before you closed the door.

“It’s a good end to a bad day!” and you plopped into bed after showering and turning on your fairy lights.

“I’m happy to have made a new friend.”