A new beginning

Romance vs Bromance

“Ahhhh~~ it sure feels great to be back in Korea! But I miss omma and appa already!”

Before the start of your university life, you flew to Australia to visit your parents for a month and had a great time with them. They decided to retire there after handing over their business to your older brother after he graduated. You were glad to see that they were adapting well to the life over there, but you already started to miss them so much.

“Haeun-ah, I have arranged an apartment for you near your university. We don’t want our princess to be travelling so far to school every day right? Here’s the key and the passcode, and let’s go over now!” your oppa said after fetching you from the airport.

The new apartment was indeed only a short distance away from your new university, and there were many eateries and convenience stores nearby. The apartment was already fully equipped with everything you need, and all your belongings were already there. Your oppa never fail to surprise you.

 

(Living room)

(Your bedroom)

(Kitchen)

 

“Kyaaaaa! I have the best oppa in the world!” you exclaimed and gave him a tight hug, and he just chuckled at your reaction.

“That’s the least I should do for my princess. Remember to cook a good meal for me when I come to visit!”

“I sure will oppa! Just name it and I’ll cook it!” you said with confidence, as cooking was one of your forte and you loved to look up on new recipes every now and then.

Just when you was about to suggest going out for lunch with your oppa, his phone started ringing, meaning that he have to go back to work.

“Mianhae Haeun-ah, oppa will visit you when I am free alright? Call me or drop me a message if you need help or when you miss me!”

“Nae oppa, annyeong!” you tried to hide your disappointment as you did not want your oppa to feel bad, after all he had arranged for you.

This was the reason why you missed the times back in Australia with your parents. Because you know that you will be spending most of your time alone in Seoul, as you do not have much friends here, and your oppa is always busy with work.

“Can’t wait for university to start and I can have the chance to make new friends!” you thought to yourself.

Just then, your phone started ringing and your face lighted up when you saw who was calling.

“YA KIM HAEUN! HOW CAN YOU NOT TELL ME THAT YOU ARE BACK IN KOREA! DID YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I MISSED YOU FOR THE PAST MONTH?!?!” your best friend Aerum shouted over the phone.

“Ahh mian Aerum-ah, I forgotten to drop you a message because oppa brought me to my new apartment. Do you want to come over now? I’ll send you the address!”

“Of course I’ll come over now! I missed you so much girl! Let’s have lunch!”

 

While waiting for Aerum to arrive, you decided to take a more detailed look around your apartment, and thought of ways to make it feel cosier. There were nothing much in the fridge as well, so you decided to make a shopping list of the ingredients and food that you should buy.

Just as you were finishing up the list, Aerum arrived and you two went for lunch at a nearby restaurant. There were so much that you and Aerum have to say, that you didn’t even realise that it was already 4 in the afternoon.


“Wow I can’t believe we actually spent so many hours talking!” Aerum exclaimed.

“Yeah I know right! There are just too many things that we need to update each other about! Do you wanna stay over at my house tonight? There’s still so much more I want to tell you!”

 

“SURE I’ll call omma to tell her now!”

 

After paying for your lunch, you girls decided to head over to the supermarket to shop for things on your shopping list. Supermarkets were your favourite place, and you could spend hours inside choosing what to buy. After spending hours inside, it was dinner time when you reached home.

You and Aerum were too tired to head out to eat, you decided to order chicken instead.

“Yummmm I missed this taste so much! It’s really the best! Let’s have some beer to go with it!”

After dinner and washing up, you and Aerum just sat in the living room, watching TV, fangirling over boy groups, and then it was time to sleep.