[P] Chapter V (5; and Again)

[P] Writing Our Dreams (by gogumaloyal)

Seohyun walks in to her office after having meeting with her clients. She lets out a big sigh as she rests herself on the seat. She looks around before switching on her computer. She logs into her email inbox, hoping that a few words from her readers would have lessened her stress. Then, she sees an email from Tiffany.

 

Dear Seohyun,

                It’s been two weeks now. We are still hoping that you would agree to consider being with Yonghwa as a date partner. We are still waiting for the news from both of you.

 Tiffany Hwang

 

Seohyun sighs again.

True. It has been two weeks now since she was informed that they picked Jung Yonghwa to be her boyfriend.

Seohyun really does not know what to do. Either she should agree with it or she should just walk off from this. If she walk off from this, Taeyeon and Tiffany might feel offended by her action and she is afraid if they would act coldly towards her. Besides, with the request from the readers that is starting to get out of hands, she really need some inspirations. Will she be able to do this with Yonghwa? Will it make her heart flutters and feel inspired again?

She looks at her wrist, the clock is showing 6 P.M. And she needs to get home now. She needs more time alone and time to think.

On her way back home, she stops at a grocery store near her apartment.

She would make herself a spaghetti for dinner. Seohyun likes it the best when she makes dinner herself rather than eating outside. Seohyun is not the single, “outgoing-for-fun” type of person. She likes to stay at home and doing her own stuff.

Seohyun stops in front of the noodle section. She tries to look if there is any spaghetti noodle somewhere.

“It should be here…” She mumbles but then her eyes catch the sight of it and she cannot help it but shrieks in excitement, picking up two packet of those.

She is feeling so grateful because there is only those two left. She put the two packets in her trolley car.

“Spaghetti for tonight, huh?”

Seohyun startled as she slowly turns around to see the person who is talking to her.

Yonghwa. Her eyes widen and quickly calms herself down. Seohyun turns back to the trolley and leaves. She does not even greet him at all. She knows it is kind of rude but now… she just wants to run from him, far away from him.

Still debating with her thought, she does not realise that Yonghwa is walking fast to her side.

“Really? Are you just going to ignore me?”

Seohyun jumps in surprise then looks to her side. She gives Yonghwa a death stare and just rolls her eyes, ignoring him once again.

“Seriously, Juhyun?” Yonghwa asks as he comes closer to her.

She quickens her pace to the counter so that she could get away from him but Yonghwa desperately grabs her wrist which she yelps in surprise and turns to face him.

“What the hell, Yonghwa?” Seohyun asks in rage.

Yonghwa notices that the people around them are staring at them weirdly. He knows his action is a bit childish but this is the only way to get her attention back.

He scratched his head even though it is not itchy before looking back at her. “Sorry” He mutters.

Seohyun shakes her head, leaving him at the counter.

After paying the bills, she quickens her pace to her car which is parked in front of the store. She knows Yonghwa would follow suit. But after turning back, she realizes that no one is following her.

Letting out a sigh of relief, she put all her groceries in the car. Just when she is about to enter the car’s driver seat side, someone holds her.

Seohyun sighs deeply, knowing that the hand that stops  her. Slowly, she turns around and faces him.

“What now, Jung Yonghwa?” She folds her arms on her chest.

Yonghwa seems losing of words but after ruffling his hair and make it a mess which surprisingly makes him look so hot. He looks at her with courage.

Then he said, “Look, I’m sorry.”

“For what?”

“For the past“

“If you just wanted to talk about the past, forget it. I’m all over on it.”

Yonghwa seems taken aback by what Seohyun said. He quickly looks away.

“Anything else?” Seohyun asks. After a few seconds of silence, she takes that Yonghwa have already done talking to her, so she just gets in her car.

“Can I have a dinner with you?” He asks which makes Seohyun stops from closing the door and look at him weirdly.

“Please?” He pleads.

Seohyun sighs. “If that’s the only way to make you stop from following me then get in”

Yonghwa smiles widely before getting into the car, next to her.

Minutes later, they arrived at her apartment. He helps her with the stuffs and follows her till they reach her apartment unit. From the grocery store until now, they have not even uttered a single word to each other. Both of them could feel the tension that is rising between them.

As they enter the apartment, Seohyun goes immediately to the kitchen.

“Come here” She yells from the kitchen. Yonghwa who is at first feeling a bit awkward, entering in a woman’s house, is gasping as he looks around the house. It is quite cozy and clean. He likes it.

Yonghwa put down all the stuffs on the counter near the kitchen while Seohyun pulls out her apron then turns to Yonghwa.

“Make yourself at home” She said, still struggling with the apron. Yonghwa nods then turns to her. Seeing that, he chuckles looking at her cuteness.

“Want me to help you with it?”

He makes his move towards her but stops when Seohyun has worn the apron properly.

“Just go somewhere. I don’t want to be disturbed while I’m cooking” Then, she turns her back and starts preparing some ingredients in front of her.

Yonghwa sighs then walks out from the kitchen. He walks into the living room before reaching to her bedroom. Her bedroom door is slightly opened, so he takes a peek inside of her bedroom.

Her bed is rather messy but others look just fine. His eyes catch something that is shining on her desk beside the bed. It is really beautiful. Enchanted by it, he almost attempted to get in the bedroom. Snapping out to the reality, he closes the door and walks towards the living room. He plops on the couch and is turned to meet with Seohyun’s back figure.

He knows that he has always enjoyed the view, well, more like he misses it. All of about her. But he could not expresses his feelings right now. He knew that Seohyun is still mad at him even though it has been 5 years already. He just wanted her to listen to his explanation. Well, he knows his explanation might sounds a bit like excuses but—

“What are you looking at?” She said from the kitchen.

Yonghwa gasps then looks at her, “N-Nothing”

Rolling her eyes, she walks to her bedroom. ”Can you watch the pasta’s sauce? I’m just going to take a very quick shower,” She shouts from her bedroom.

Yonghwa sighs then gets up to go to the kitchen. He could smell the delicious aroma of the sauce. Oh, he knew that Seohyun could perfectly make a delicious dish no matter what it is. Since high school, that is…

Minutes later, Seohyun comes out, looking fresh from the quick shower.

They both prepare the table and settle down together, sitting and facing each other like they used to be back in the past, saying a form of prayers then they dig in the food.

“So how is the pasta?” Seohyun asks to break the awkward silence.

He looks at her with his mouth still full, “Delicious!”

Seohyun chuckles looking at his childishness, “Eat first, then, talk. You were just the same as back then”

Yonghwa gasps. ‘She does still remember how I was back then’

“What?” Seohyun snaps him back.

Yonghwa just smiles sheepishly then continues to eat.

After a few minutes, he has finally done eating but Seohyun is still enjoying her dinner. At first, Yonghwa wants to get up but he stops and is staring at Seohyun and her habit of eating.

“Seriously, Jung Yonghwa, you freaking me out right now”

“Well, you used to like my stare” He smirks.

Seohyun rolls her eyes then looks at him. Yonghwa just chuckles.

“No matter how many years have already passed, you still look beautiful. Really gorgeous”

“And here comes the sweet talking—“

“I’m not just sweet talking you right now. It’s the truth, Hyun-ah “

Seohyun gasps, her heart is beating fast. That nickname. She shakes off the thoughts. She had already moved on from the past. But her heart… Damn you, dugeun, dugeun~

“Stop it already, Jung Yonghwa”

“Why? Did I make your heart beat that fast?” He smirks again.

“Gosh, what the hell is with you?” She glares at him.

“You do know that giving me the so-called glare make you look so adorable” He chuckles for the third time.

“Gosh, remind me once again, why did I even ask you to get into my car before?” She groans.

“Because you still love me?”

“Yonghwa!” She flusters.

Yonghwa giggles then hands up as if like he is surrendering. Seohyun rolls her eyes then continues eating.

“But, do you?” He whispers as he looks at her intensely.

Seohyun sighs and put down her chopstick. She has already lost her appetite.

“I knew from the start that you would bring up about the past. Again” She stated.

She takes a deep breath before looking back at him. Seohyun is about to spill out her words but Yonghwa cut her off.

“Why did you even agree to have a dinner with me?”

Seohyun gasps at first but she takes her moment and looks back at him.

“Because I want to prove that you and I are already over, that, I can handle the past. So, I wanted you to  get over me too”

Yonghwa is taken aback by the words. Pondering of the words, he takes a deep breath and looks at her.

“Fine. If that so, are you willing to hear why I did THAT 5 years ago?” He questions which eventually makes her heart beating hard.

Seohyun has expected that. She asks herself again. ‘Is she really over him? Is she ready to listen to whatever bulls that Yonghwa would tell her right now?’

“Hyun?”

She closes her eyes tightly. ‘Ugh, that nickname’.

Seohyun stands up which makes Yonghwa startled then he looks at her in surprise. She brings her dishes so as Yonghwa’s into the kitchen. Leaving him, without uttering a single word. She washes the dishes as she is trying to forget what had broken her heart years ago. After what Yonghwa said to her, the past suddenly haunts her back. She hates it so much!

“Seohyun-ah?” He calls her.

No answer from her.

“Juhyun-ah?” he calls her a bit louder.

Still, there is no answer.

“Hyunnie?” Still no answer which makes him get on his feet and goes to the kitchen and stares at her, washing the dishes.

“Hyun?”

With that, Seohyun put down the dishes harshly and turns around and looks at him. Her eyes are already filled with tears that she has been holding on. Her body is already shaking up.

“Seo Juhyun?” He calls her sweetly then tries to walk to her.

“Stop!” She said which make him stop in his track.

“Don’t come near me!”

She looks so clueless. Seohyun ruffles her hair and her tears start to fall. Yonghwa sees it and has this urge to wipe it but he could not come closer to her.

“Hyun-ah…”

“STOP CALLING ME THAT NAME! I’M NOT YOUR HYUN ANYMORE!”

Yonghwa gasps.

“Why did you even come in the first place? You should have just gone! Stay away from me! But, no, you came back! Why…?” She breaks down.

“Juhyun-ah, listen. I’m sorry for everything, okay? From the beginning until now. I’ve messed up everything. Now, I want to fix it. Give me one more chance, please?” He pleads.

Seohyun shoots her eyes up and looks at him in disbelief.

“That easy? That simple? Then, what happen if I give you a second chance? We are going to be like we were used to be and just forgetting all the pains and bulls like nothing has happened? Are you just going to leave my wounded heart like that?”

“N-no… We could just start all over again. W-we could…”

“Start all over again? Have you even heard yourself?” Seohyun breaths heavily then steps forward with her now folded arms together which is a wrong move…

“Hyun, I have my own reason for the thing that I did long time ago. Let me redeem myself tonight” He just then pulls Seohyun and holds her arms before continue, “I still love you!”

Seohyun sighs then shakes her head. “You do know that it’s a strong word, right?”

“I do and I really, really love you” With that, he leans in and captures her lips. It is a sweet, chaste kiss yet so passionate that it makes her slowly reacting as she wraps her arms around his neck. Yonghwa pulls her closer by her waist. His mouth dominates hers as she whimpers, feeling his tongue inside taking a full control. A low moan escapes her lips and enters his mouth as their lips are locked upon each other’s.

After a while, something in her mind snaps and makes her realises what they are doing. Her eyes shoot open and Seohyun pushes Yonghwa away, her face is flushing red. They both are panting hard, seeking for some air.

“What’s wrong?” He asks innocently.

Seohyun looks down as her mind is trying to figure something out. She hates him with all her heart but she needs ideas and inspiration for her love story. Deep down, she knew that she still loves him but she quickly shrugs off the thoughts.

Looking back at Yonghwa, some ideas strike into her mind. She dashes to her bedroom and pulls out her notebook, jotting down the ideas.

She does not know that by just looking at him, it would give her some brilliant ideas. Crazy, huh?

Then, someone clears his throat which makes her looks up and seeing him leaning his back on the door as he crosses her arms across his chest. He is looking at her with his annoying smirk.

“Seems like someone just got herself an idea for her upcoming story” He mocks.

Seohyun rolls her eyes then jots what is going on her mind that time as she talks back to him, “What the hell is wrong with you? One moment you’re all nice and sweet but then suddenly you changed into the most annoying person on earth”

Yonghwa chuckles then he walks towards her.

“Want to share whatever thing that has been inspired by our KISS?” He stresses the ‘kiss’ word.

Seohyun once again rolls her eyes. “Get out” She demands.

Yonghwa is smirking then standing straight in front of her. Then, an idea abruptly is popping in his mind. He keeps on smiling like an idiot and looks at her jotting down her ideas.

“See what happen just when we’re together, Juhyun? Your ideas came out a lot. So, why don’t you just agree and be my girlfriend again?” He offers.

Seohyun stares at him before she continues jotting down again. Her mind is still thinking about what Yonghwa has said to her.

‘Maybe…? Well, why not give it a try? Besides, she is already over him and nothing will make her turns back to him. We will just pretend to be in love and I will get some ideas to write down, finishes up this whole love story, break up with him again and everyone is happy!’ She thought, the ideas filling up her mind.

She looks up to him, “On one condition...”