[P] Chapter I (1; Ready?)

[P] Writing Our Dreams (by gogumaloyal)

She walks into an average building in Seoul lifelessly. Nothing to be excited about it. She has to go back to her boring job and faces the reality. Like really, who would be excited about it? She would do the same old routine again. After having her breakfast, she gets back to her desk in the small room. She put her coffee on the desk as she takes out all the files that she needs to review. It is going to be a mess on her desk soon.

Seo Juhyun, a 22-year-old woman, sits on her desk as she keeps her eyes on to the computer screen while she types and finishes up some paper works. It has always been like this since 5 months ago. Being a clerk is not her ambition when she was little but this is something that she could do to support herself. Besides, her salary is kind a big so she decided to stay with the job. Whether she likes it or not.

Seohyun enjoys writing. Well, it is more like her hobby at first. She likes to read and watches some stuffs and makes it as a story. Some of her close friends would read the story and tell her their opinions. At first, she does have a lot of flaws but as the time flies, she finally could write some good stories. Not to flatter herself but she writes GREAT stories.

Some of her friends assure her to publish a book. It took her a few weeks to think about it. She was afraid of people’s criticisms and that, people would know her name and some other things that made her to rethink it carefully and with some encouragements from beloved people around her, she finally published a book.

It is a story about a girls who travels around the world and at the end she fell in love with the nature. She thought that people might find it boring since it is not a romance story. But then, to her surprise, her book sold out for 1000 copies.

Since she left her email address on the last page of the story book, she has received tons of feedback. They were all good feedbacks. People complimented on how good she was at writing especially of the story book. They have got these overwhelming feelings the moment they read about the girl who used to hate the nature but finally realize how important the nature is to her life.

Of course, Seohyun felt so joyous reading those feedbacks. She never thought that people would love her story that much.

Now, it has already been 4 months. People are starting to ask her about an upcoming story. She keeps saying that she is working on it. She really hates lying but at the same time, she does not want to disappoint them. She is lacking of ideas and keeps herself off from the “writing fantasy world” making her just to focus back to the reality - her boring clerk job.

Seohyun sighs as she runs her finger through her hair. It has already been 13 hours since she has sat there without going anywhere. She feels sore at her butts and her head aches.

“This is really killing me. I’m so bored”. She whines to herself.

Looking on her left and right side, the people around her are just busy doing their own stuff. Nothing interesting is happening. Seohyun looks back at the computer. She saves her works before closing it and opens up her inbox. It has been a while since she opens her email inbox and read some feedbacks from the readers. She missed the joyous feeling when she read it.

“Woah! 50 emails!”

She clicks the unread emails, reads carefully one by one and replies back all the emails. She thanks them for buying and reading her book. She cannot describe how happy she was to read those feedbacks. It was just so sweet of them to tell her how beautiful she wrote the story.

Just then, an email comes in. It was from her best friend, Kim Taeyeon and also the person that has helped her in publishing the book.

 

Dear, Juhyun-ah.

            I know that you’ve been busy with your work lately but the publisher company received tons of feedback from your story. It was so crazy! People really want your new story. I don’t want to burden you but it’s been months and we’re still receiving even more feedbacks. Can you come to our office and talk about it here? I really hope you can come.

 Kim Taeyeon

 

Seohyun sighs again. Well, of course, she feels grateful that people are still giving her feedbacks and wanted her to write another story but making her friends feel burdened and to deal with the feedbacks - it makes her feeling guilty.

She turns off the computer and starts to pack her stuff. Seohyun takes some files to bring home so she can finish them at home. She took a glance on her watch. Her shift already ended a while ago. She quickly goes out from the building and jogs to her car. She shoves her stuff aside and starts the engine and heads to Taeyeon’s office.

Taeyeon and Tiffany have been friends with Seohyun for such a long time. They even have some other girlfriends but they seem to be working or furthering studies which makes it hard for all of them to hang out together. Only Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun that could find some time and hangout together.

Both Tiffany and Taeyeon have been business partner for almost 3 years now. At first Tiffany thought on a business for fashion and design but since fashion is not Taeyeon’s kind of thing, they decided to publish some books. They faced ups and downs in the publication field and finally became one of the successful publication company in South Korea. People love the stories that have been published by their company. They have always published some great books.

People might think that Seohyun is taking benefit by using her friendship between Tiffany and Taeyeon to publish her book. Actually, it was them that begged her to let them publish her story. They really love her story and always help her to make even a better one.

She arrived at their company and parked her car before going up to their office. People at the office greet her warmly as they already know Seohyun. Seohyun is such a sweet person and she has been respected by every single person no matter how old or young a person is.

Seohyun enters Taeyeon’s office room. After knocking the door and hearing someone asking her to come in, she opens the door and saw Tiffany and Taeyeon sitting, facing each other with a bunch of letters in between them.

Both of the girls’ eyes on her. A smile forms on their face as Seohyun greets them.

“Hyunnie!” Tiffany calls her out loud and run to her.

They both hug and laugh. Taeyeon joins both of them later and they all laugh.

“It’s glad to see you again Hyunnie!” Taeyeon pulls out from the hug and hold her hand.

“Me too, unnie”. Seohyun smiles.

All three of them walk to Taeyeon’s work table which has mountain piles of letter. Seohyun laughs as she already knew that all the letters are for her.

“So, here is all your letters and you need to take it“. Taeyeon said as she pushed her.

Seohyun groans. Who would knew that she is getting a lot of letters from the readers.

“I’ve told you that you’ll get more letters!” Tiffany said.

Seohyun sighs then she gives them a warm smile.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” Seohyun ask as she takes a sit beside Tiffany.

“Actually, we have already read some of the letters and we are trying to consider some of the suggestions” Taeyeon said.

“Suggestions? What suggestions?”

“Well, some of them… To be more specific, a lot of your readers wanted you to write a love story. A romance. You know, right?” Tiffany explains to her this time.

Taeyeon nods then continues, “We knew that you’ve been busy with your work but the request is really crazy and we also couldn’t wait for another upcoming story. Are you on something now?”

Seohyun is taken aback by the question which she lets out an awkward laugh.

“Well…I actually…”

“You haven't write anything at all?”

Seohyun looks down as she slowly nods her head.

Both of her friends just smile as Tiffany pats Seohyun’s back.

“Its fine, Hyun”

Seohyun gasped as she heard the nickname after a while. She turns her head and look at Tiffany with a blank expression.

At first, Tiffany doesn’t realize what she said but after seeing Taeyeon giving her “the look”, Tiffany finally get the gist of it and almost slaps her own mouth.

“Sorry, Seohyun-ah“ She mutters but Seohyun could hear her clearly.

Seohyun took a deep breath before looking back at Tiffany and just smiles at her.

“Well! Back to the business. So, are you ready to make a love story?” Taeyeon said as she tried to escape from the awkward situation.

“Ah.... About that, I think that maybe I‘ll try to write it later on because now I’m still lacking of ideas. I really don’t know what to write right now but if you guys could give me some time or ideas or maybe both, then, I can just go for it?” Seohyun chuckles.

“Lacking of ideas, huh?” Taeyeon looks at her suspiciously.

Seohyun knew that look. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

Tiffany chuckles, seeing Seohyun is terrified for a moment.

“Actually, we can help with that. How about you find yourself a boyfriend?”

“Pardon me?” Seohyun looks at both of them.

“Unnie, you’re kidding right?” Seohyun really hopes that the unnies are really trying to pull a prank on her right now. But the two shakes their head. Seohyun is taken aback by the action.

Tiffany holds her hands.

“Listen, I think this is the best way for you and also your career in the writing industry. If you get yourself a boyfriend, you can finally move on and have a beautiful love life. Your love life can inspired you to do better on your writing” Tiffany said to her softly so she wouldn’t be offended.

Seohyun sighs. She knew that the unnies really wanted her to get out from her “cave” and search out for her love. She has been a loner by herself for quite a long time. Her unnies just wanted the best for her and she is aware of it.

“I’m just...” Seohyun halts as she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

“Think about it, Seohyun-ah. You don’t want to disappoint a lot of people right?” Taeyeon said. Seohyun felt like she is whispering to her ear as Seohyun looks down and recalls back the memory.

 

“Hyun,”

He waved his hand to her which showed his wide, sparkling smile to her. Even though he was not that tall but Seohyun still recognized him from afar. He was standing right in front of the school’s gate, waiting for her so they both could walk back home together. He was acting so childish which made people around him wanted to puke but when he acted with such seriousness, it sometimes made people laughed out loud. His warm personality cheered people up and that was what she loved about him. He was just being him. He was just being Jung Yonghwa.