the start

When Moms Intervene

 

 

After the ride, Rose suggested they eat at a cafe that she used to visit.

 

"Sorry, that family dinner was a joke." Jisoo started after taking a sip of her drink. "I didn't know what happened. I mean we're supposed to eat in a restaurant known for its excellent cuisine but here we are." She turned her head to glance at the place.

 

"The place is cute. Don't hate."

 

Jisoo nodded in agreement. "I didn't say it isn't. How did you know this place anyway?"

 

The younger girl shyly smiled as she remembers the embarrassing event that caused her to be familiar with the place. "It's a secret."

 

"Ehhh! Share it please?"

 

Rose stares at the girl whining in front of her. Is this unnie really older than me? "I'd rather not."

 

"But why?" Nobody can do this to Jisoo. Jisoo hates waiting. If Jisoo wants to know, Jisoo gets what she has to know. But if course, it's her future wife we're talking about here.

 

The other girl finally gave in when she saw that Jisoo is almost close to pouting her lips. "It's sort of funny... well it's my mom's fault."

 

Jisoo intentively pays attention to the girl who is again, sitting opposite her.

 

On the other hand, Rose can't help but look away from time to time whenever she gets the sight of Jisoo staring at her. "Our family conducted a charity work around the place and, you know, there were a lot of people. Like hundreds of people. It was all good." Rose bobbed her head then she continues. "Until we needed to go home. Well, they were able to go home. Me? I was left. Like literally forgotten."

 

Jisoo immediately found the story hilarious and ended up chuckling. Why would you leave your only daughter?

 

"Yah, stop." Rose tried to keep a straight face while enjoying the sight of Jisoo laughing at her expense.

 

"What? You said it's funny. And it really is. And then?"

 

"It's not until evening when my mom realized her daughter was gone. So she called me, worried and crying. She thought I was kidnapped and I was like 'Mom, aren't I supposed to be the one worried and crying because you left me here clueless?' Then she asked me to stay in one place and wait for them. And this was where I waited."

 

Jisoo clapped her hands in a teasing manner. "That was the best story I've ever heard."

 

Rose was about to retaliate when the waitress suddenly came with a polaroid in her hands. "Hi, sorry to interrupt. Can I take a picture of our beautiful couple?"

 

The two glanced at each other, shock is evident in their faces.

 

Jisoo, being the older one, decided to speak up first.

 

"Uh sorry we're not--"

 

"Sure." But then Rose quickly cut her off.

 

"Ohhh great great. Could you please sit beside together so I can take a good shot?"

 

"Uhm, unnie?"

 

Jisoo, who was still puzzled of what happened, mechanically rose to her feet and sat beside the younger girl.

 

"Okay. Closer..."

 

As Rose moves closer to her, Jisoo is having a hard time stilling her heart.

 

"Yay! Perfect." The waitress handed them the photo as soon as it was developed. "If the photo's ready you can post it on the board over there." She pointed on the wall on their right side. She turned to face Jisoo. "Oh sorry I hope this won't sound offensive, but please don't deny it next time. It's obvious that something's going on between you two just by observing the way you look at each other." She smiled at them. "Your food's free! Have a good night!"

 

The two girls' faces reddened at what they have heard.

 

"Uh, aren't you posting it?" Jisoo asked to ease the situation.

 

Rose bashfully looked at Jisoo "I wanna keep it."

 

They began walking out of the cafe and the cold breeze greeted them.

 

"Unnie sorry about that. I actually know that we get everything for free if we allow them to take a picture." Rose embarrassingly bowed her head down.

 

Jisoo, with agape, glanced at the girl walking beside her. "Ah, so you used me for free food?" She intended it to be a joke, but Rose thought she has offended the older.

 

"I'm sorry okay? I didn't mean to insult you. Please don't get mad at me."

 

Jisoo snickers at the younger girl and this confused Rose. "It's hard to get mad at something that is petty."

 

The truth is, Jisoo was hurt. Okay. Maybe just a little bit. She was so ready to be absorbed with the thought of the two of them, dating. Well, at least the waitress said something that will leave her smiling for weeks. Now that she heard that, her confidence of winning the girl shot up.

 

Rose gripped on Jisoo's arm, worry is still apparent on her face. "Are you sure?"

 

"To tell you honestly, no. Unnie is offended." Jisoo slowly shook her head, pretending to be hurt.

 

Rose tightened her grip. "Ehhhh. I'm sorry. Tell me what can I do."

 

Jisoo pouts thoughtfully. Be my girlfriend? Nope. Too fast. "Give me your number."

 

Rose stares at Jisoo in a dumbfounded manner. "That's it?"

 

"No. You're supposed to answer everything from me immediately."

 

**

 

Rose is being quiet the moment she enters her room. She doesn't understand why but it kind of relieved her when she knew that her family had gone and left her with Jisoo. Is it because she enjoyed the older girl's company? Or is it simply because she wanted Jisoo to herself?

 

A smile on her face becomes visible as she quietly closes the door. She was about to squeal her feelings out but her phone suddenly rings and she doesn't even have to look to know who is calling. She quickly picked up the call. And her guess was right, of course.

 

"Hello? You in your room now?"

 

"Uh huh--Wait, you shouldn't use your phone while driving."

 

There was a slight pause at the end of the line. "Well, I'm actually still outside.

 

"What? Why?" Rose worriedly ask. 

 

"You left something." 

 

Rose began checking her things. Her small eyes widened when she realized her wallet isn't there. Of all the things you'll unintentionally leave behind...

 

Rose hurriedly goes downstairs, and instantly went out of their house, to the gates. It really isn't a big deal if she merely forgot her wallet there. It will be if Jisoo opens it.

 

There she met Jisoo who is leaning on her car. 

 

"Hi. You have my wallet?" Rose asks while she catches her breath. 

 

"Oh. Here." Jisoo handed it to her. She teasingly leans in to whisper her next words to the girl. "Nice photo you have there huh?"

 

TBC

 

--

 

Oh great weekend! But then I remembered I have my Saturday class. :'(