when moms intervene for the first time

When Moms Intervene


"Well I'm not sure about my daughter's preference." Bommie appears to be in deep thought.

 

"Is there really a need for that? I mean they're studying in an all-girls school." Dara nonchalantly answered. She checks on her fingernails and muttered an "I need a new nail polish."

 

The older girl looks at the other. "So you think you know more about my daughter than I do?"

 

Dara rolled her eyes. This is going to be harder than she thought. "What I mean is, it's normal. Especially when all you see almost everyday are girls."

 

Bommie taps her fingers on her office table. "Are you telling me that that's what happens behind the school's doors?"

 

"Aigoo. Don't you read fanfics?" Dara annoyingly answered as her patience slowly goes down at every question the other woman asks.

 

"But why my daughter? There are othe--"

 

"Listen Bommie, do you think I'll have the courage to step in here to talk about this if my Jisoo wants any other girl or guy or whatever? There are a lot of people who run after my daughter but nooooo, Rose is the one she wants. Yes, you heard it right, your Rosie, Roseanne, Rose, or whatever you call her." She nods at her last statement.

 

Silence occupied the whole room for a minute until Bommie finally speaks. "I'm telling you now, I don't reallyyy know about what my daughter likes. But fine, what idea do you have in mind?"

 

**

 

"Uhm, mom? Where are we actually going?" Junhoe, the youngest of the Park-Choi inquisitively asked.

 

"We are meeting some friends." Bommie answered as she applies her mascara. "Where is your sister--" She asked but decided to just proceed in her daughter's room herself where she was welcomed by a mess, named Roseanne, who chose to roll comfortably on her bed. "What the hell?! Roseanne-- I said we-- oh my god. I said we're going by 7. It's already 6:45 and you haven't prepared yet?" She told her. She went to her daughter's walk-in closet, then goes out with a dress on her hand. "Come on put this on."

 

Roseanne groaned. "Mom, can I just stay here? I'm working on a song--"

 

Bommie looked at her only daughter, shocked. "Baby it's Friday night! You can start working on that tomorrow."

 

"But mom, have you forgotten? The school's event is tomorrow." The younger girl reasoned out.

 

Bommie decided to play hurt. She knows this is the only way to have her daughter in her hand. "Fine. We're going now." Then she went out of the room. "June, Tabi! Let's go, Rosie doesn't wanna spend her time with us." She said, loud enough for her daughter to hear.

 

Roseanne groaned again. "There goes mom again." She muttered. She stood up. "Mom give me that dress!"

 

**

 

"Aish. We're already late! Get in the car now, you two!" Bommie ordered her children.

 

"Hey me first!" Roseanne said as her younger brother just entered pass by her. June ignored his sister and put on his earphones and let Rhythm Ta consumed him.

 

"HI AUNTIE, HI UNCLE, HI JUNE, HI UNNIE."

 

The siblings looked behind them, surprise is evident in their faces.

 

"Oh, I forgot, Lisa wants to tag along." Their dad told them.

 

"Yes." Their cousin nods. "Aigoo. It feels like I'm a part of the family." She said as she clasped her hands together dreamily.

 

"Of course you are a part of this family!" Their mom added.

 

The siblings just groaned.

 

**

 

"Wait what?! We're meeting them now?!" Jisoo ridiculously asked her mom. She tried to stop looking excited but failed when she started fixing her hair while looking on the rearview mirror of the car. "Mom, dad, how do I look?"

 

Her dad just clicked his tongue as if there is no reason to answer the question. "Jisoo, trust our genes."

 

"Eeeehhhh. What kind of answer is that?" She huffed and crossed her arms.

 

"Jisoo, darling, you may be dressed in a monkey suit but you will still look great. Now does that answer your question?" Her dad said appeasing her.

 

"Dad please, don't be absurd."

 

"What your dad is trying to tell you is you are already beautiful."

 

Finally, her mom told her what she wanted to hear. "Why can't you answer like mom, dad?"

 

**

 

"Who are we meeting, really?" Roseanne has been really curious since her mom and dad wouldn't tell them in the car.

 

"Friends, dear." Top puts his arm on his daughter's shoulder. "Your mom's high school friend and her family."

 

Roseanne was ready to keep silent as she already had an answer to her question until she caught the sight of a familiar girl. A girl whom she always see in their school. She suddenly stopped on her tracks which confused her dad.

 

"What's wrong?"

 

"Uhm, dad? Is there a chance that they're the ones we're meeting?" She pointed on the group of people, probably her mom's friend's family.

 

"Yes, why?"

 

Bommie, who immediately noticed the worry on her daughter's face, went to walk beside her. "You know the Kwon? Yes we're having a dinner with them."

 

Really? Kwon Jisoo? "Mom! Do you know how much their daughter hates me?!"

 

Bommie faked a cough. "Excuse me, what?"

 

"She hates me mom. She thinks I'm competing with her when I'm not! I'm not coming with you guys. Nope." She was about to enter the car again but found out that the doors are locked. "Open the door!" She ordered the driver.

 

Bommie gripped on her daughter's wrists. "Rosie, I think there's a misunderstanding. But the girl you are talking about is actually sweet." Now what? Her mom's taking that girl's side? "Now let's go."

 

**

 

"Well here they come." Jennie said excitedly. "Woahhh, such tall people. I wonder how tall my nieces and nephews will be."

 

Jisoo nods in agreement, smiling at the thought of her future wife making babies with her. She quickly realized what Jennie said and warningly looked at her friend. "Don't you dare do or say anything." She said afraid that Jennie might blurt something stupid that will make things awkward. "Why are you even here?"

 

"Ouch." Jennie rolled her eyes at Jisoo. "Just so you know, it's your parents who invited me to come."

 

"Hi, sorry, something happened." Bommie greeted the other family.

 

"No problem. But I hope it's okay that we have already ordered." Dara answered. "Let's take our seats, shall we?"

 

"Oh before we forget, this girl is our niece, Lisa. This is our son, Junhoe, and lastly this is our daughter, Roseanne." Bommie enthusiastically introduced the younger ones.

 

The three just smiled.

 

"Well this is our daughter, Jisoo and her friend, Jennie."

 

After that, the moms started gesturing something to each other. This indicates that their plan starts now. Meanwhile, the dads, well... are talking about furnitures.

 

"So Rose, I heard from Jisoo that you're performing for tomorrow's event?" Dara feigned innocence. Of course, before this meeting, she already knows everything about her future daughter-in-law.

 

Jisoo looked at her mom and secretly widened her eyes at her. Just what is her mom planning? Expose her?

 

"Uh yes. If you want, you can watch."

 

"I would love to watch you perform! If not only for the urgent meeting I have tomorrow in Paris." Dara frowned at the thought of still having to attend the meeting rather than watching the girl. "But Jisoo here, is a big fan of the cheerleading team. Expect her to be there."

 

"Mom what the hell?" Jisoo hissed just enough for her mom to hear.

 

"Oh, I didn't know about that." Roseanne took a cautious glance at the girl sitting opposite her, who is actually staring at her.

 

The two girls looked away, blushing.

 

On the other hand, Bommie elbows her niece, signalling her to ring Rose's phone with a different number.

 

The blaring of Rose's ringtone suddenly interrupted the conversation. She glanced at her phone. Seeing that the caller's id is not registered, she quickly ignored the call.

 

"Sorry about that." She apologized.

 

Bommie looked at Dara and elbowed her niece again. "Don't stop until she picks it up." She whispered to Lisa.

 

Again, the phone rings. "Just what the--" Rose was about to turn her phone off but her mom kept her from doing so.

 

"That might be something important. Pick it up, darling."

 

"Mom you know I don't answer calls with unknown numbers."

 

"What if that's an emergency?"

 

"Yes. It's alright. Don't worry." Dara smiled at her.

 

Rose decided to take the phone call in the restroom. "Okay, excuse me."

 

Now that Rose is gone, Dara elbowed her daughter in the ribs. "Ouch mom what is wrong with you?"

 

"You, go."

 

"Go where?"

 

"Idiot. Follow her!" Jennie hissed.

 

"Hey what did you just call me-- Wait, do you know anything about this Jenn--" Dara had enough and pushed her daughter.

 

"Alright alright. You didn't have to push me." Jisoo raised her hands in surrender and immediately went after Rose.

 

**

 

"Why is the world full of stupid people?" Rose mutters after ending the call just now.

 

"Uhm is everything okay?" Rose did an about-face and went face to face with Jisoo.

 

"Ah yes. I think it's just, you know... a prank call."

 

Jisoo embarrassedly smiled. She wonders if her mom has something to do with this. "You must get them a lot."

 

"What? Prank calls?" Rose found that statement hilarious and ended up chuckling.

 

Jisoo nodded. "You're pretty. Of course people would be glad to have your number."

 

Both of them instanly noticed Jisoo's slip of the tongue. Rose felt her cheeks flush but decided to shrug it off by starting a topic.

 

"So you are the unnie in school who hates me?" Of course, Rose meant it as a joke. She chuckled again when she saw the older girl's shocked expression.

 

"What?! No-- Did you seriously believe that?!"

 

"Well I always catch you staring before, that's why I thought it's true. So now that you're telling me it's not, could you please explain to me," She leans closer to more. "Why are you always staring?"

 

"What? Really-- I  didn't know-- Are you sure that I'm looking at you?" Of course, Jisoo won't admit. Was she really that obvious?

 

Rose's melodious laughter enveloped the place they are in. Jisoo stared at the other girl in awe. "Fine, I'll let you pass this time."

 

Jisoo smiled. "Isn't it funny? It's like everyday we see each other in school, but never really had the chance to talk. And now, we're here, in a restroom having our very first conversation."

 

"It's your fault. You hated me." Rose pouted and Jisoo had to fight the urge to pinch the younger's cheeks.

 

"I don't okay? What do I have to do to make you believe?"

 

"Hmmm I need to see you tomorrow before the event."

 

Jisoo was more willing to do it that she almost ended up squealing her answer. "SURE!"

 

Rose glanced at her. "Sounds like someone's excited. So I need to see you tomorrow, wearing a chicken suit."

 

Of course, the whipped person that Jisoo is, nodded.

 

Rose chuckled again. This unnie is funny. "Are you serious? I'm just kidding."

 

"I thought you were serious." Jisoo will just have to slap herself later. She's just effortlessly doing a great job ruining her image and looking like a complete fool in front of her crush. "You wanna go back now? I think the food's there already."

 

Rose nodded. "Wait."

 

Jisoo stopped on her tracks. "Why?"

 

Rose fidgeted on her bracelet and nervously asked. "Uhm can I call you unnie?"

 

If Jisoo could die from too much feelz, her body could have been lying here by now. The way Rose asked her was too adorable for her heart. Can someone even say no to this?

 

"Of course." Who is she to deprive her future wife?

 

**

 

On the other hand... (while chaesoo is gone)

 

Dara and Bommie asked the two other girls, Lisa and Jennie to check on their girls.

 

"Why does Chaeyoung unnie keep on laughing? Do you hear what they are talking about unnie?" Lisa asked while cupping her cheeks. Omo!!! Chaesoo is sailing right now.

 

"I can't hear what Jisoo is saying." She sighed. "Let's go."

 

"Let's go where? Are we going inside?!" Lisa asked excitedly. She can finally see her ship interacting with each other.

 

Jennie stared at Lisa incredulously. "No dummy, back to where we were."

 

**

 

"Pack up pack up!!!" The moms say in unison.

 

Junhoe's handsome face contorted to a frown. "We haven't even eaten yet."

 

"I'll buy you McDonald's. Now come on June." His mom commanded.

 

"Honey what's happening?" Jiyong asked his wife and Dara just whispered her answer. "Oh? Okay, I'll get the car ready."

 

**

 

"Where did they go?" Rose asked when they saw the seats empty.

 

Jisoo held her temple. "What the hell are they doing?" She mutters to herself.

 

"Did you say something unnie?"

 

"No, nothing." She checked on her phone, ready to blast her mom with text messages and angry emojis.


From: Mom

We left you a car outside. Just ask the driver for the key.
Drive your girl around the city. I'll explain when you get home.
Love you! Kekeke.


She turned to Rose, whose face is covered with worry. "You wanna go for a ride?"

 

TBC