prologue: what happened before

When Moms Intervene

 

Donned in her knee-length slim white dress that accentuated her thin frame, the renowned founder of a world-famous fashion company, Dara Park-Kwon waltzes inside the building of her rival, also a noted figure in the industry, Park Bom Choi.

 

Without further ado, she headed for the lift and went to the highest floor, where obviously the woman is found.

 

"Excuse me ma'am-- but you can't just enter this room-- you have to set an appointment first--" The secretary, afraid of getting scolded, is currently having a hard time keeping up with the beautiful woman who has decided to proceed to the CEO's room without hesitation.

 

Dara raised her milky white hand, putting the employee's talking to a halt. "A VIP doesn't need an appointment." She said coolly while adjusting her sunglasses. "Now where is your boss? Tell her it's me."

 

The poor secretary, not knowing what to do anymore, ended up proceeding to her boss' room.

 

A Park Bom doesn't really like getting interrupted while working. So imagine the trepidation the secretary is in when her boss glared at her. "What is it Miss Oh?"

 

"Ma'am there is someone who wants--" Again, the secretary was ceased when Dara just entered the room.

 

"You can leave now." Dara isn't even the one who pays her here but secretary cannot do anything but to comply.

 

Bom narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. "No, I think you're the one who should leave. Miss Oh, please show her the way out."

 

Dara remained composed, not looking even slightly fazed. "But I just came in. Don't worry this will be quick."

 

"You can start talking now."

 

"Aren't you even going to ask to me to sit?"

 

The pitiful employee is now awkwardly standing outside the room's office, who doesn't know if she should close the door or not.

 

Gladly, her boss finally asked her to leave.

 

"I didn't even ask you to sit." Bom said when she already saw Dara getting comfy with the room's new couch. "Now please, what is it about? I have work to do."

 

Dara let out a chuckle, which she thinks is "sekshi", but for the other woman, is annoying. "Look at you, Bommie, I didn't imagine us being this serious that we ended up competing with each other. Like what happened to us? We were best friends right? And in high school, all you did was eat."

 

"Would you still consider someone your best friend if they tried to flirt with your boyfriend? And yes, guess what? I still love eating."

 

"Aigoo. You are still not over that rumor." Dara sighs. "Anyways, I am not here to talk about us. I am here because of your daughter."

 

Bom furrowed her perfectly waxed eyebrows. "Whatever that is, my daughter has no history of bullying. My daughter is the closest thing to an angel."

 

"Who says your daughter bullies mine?"

 

"So what's with my Roseanne?"

 

Dara leaned in, like she's about to drop the hottest issue of 2016 (other than Blackpink's debut) that will surely make media outlets a run for their money. "My Jisoo wants to marry her."

 

--