[Hongbin] That Same Old Love

Daffodils In The Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's just one night in a random club in Hongdae. Hongbin thinks that's okay for a change.

Song for the oneshot - Same Old Love, by Selena Gomez (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h30Bx4Klxg​)

 

The bass beats reached him before the strobe lights did. Hongbin pulled his hoodie up, and made his way through the crowd, apologizing as he bumped into people. The club wasn't as crowded as the doorway and he didn't care as long as there was place at the bar. He found a stool and took a seat, ID in hand because he knew the bartenders always flagged him for how young he looked.

He hated his face some times. And he particularly hated the flower boy look he always had on. . He may have been teased for looking Mexican but at least he looked like a man before. "Hello sir. what can I get you?" a female voice asked. Hongbin looked up to find a new bartender as opposed to the usual ones. Then again this was a Tuesday and not the weekend. that was bad news. It was usually the females who recognized him. 

"I'll just have vodka shots please" Hongbin replied, not looking up for longer than necessary. "I'll have to ask you for an ID before I can serve you alcohol" she told him. Hongbin sighed and held up his driver's license. The female took it over and he closed his eyes and swore mentally, waiting for the inevitable recognition and reaction. The woman stared at him for  while and then handed him his ID back. The lack of reaction surprised Hongbin who raised an eyebrow as he took his ID back. "Would you like to start a tab or pay per drink?" she asked him, keeping her voice neutral. Hongbin could swear she recognized him and this lack of reaction was troublesome.

"I'll start a tab" he told her. "And I think I'll just go with a wine cocktail first if you have any tonight." "We have red and white wine Sangria, some standard Cobblers, Juleps and you can make custom orders with schnapps or any other wine you would like" she told him. "What would you recommend?" he asked, feeling a little lost but not wanting to show it. He didn't always frequent nightclubs. And when he did, it was always the elder ones who ordered for him. "Well, I think I can set you up with something custom" she said, trying to gauge his reaction. "Go right ahead" he told her, leaning against the countertop. She nodded and turned around, picking up various bottles and adding liquids to the cocktail mixer.

"That's a Star Gazer. Some light rum to make it stronger. It'll be ten thousand won" she told him. "Add it to the tab" he agreed, before taking a tentative sip. The cocktail was pineapple based but the bitterness of the rum and white wine had not been eclipsed by it. It went well with the lemon and salt frosting on the rim and Hongbin wondered if he could get more of it later. "Is this normally on the menu?" he asked her, making small talk because he really didn't want to think about other things. "Yeah it is. But not very popular" she admitted. "Can't imagine why" he said, sipping through it. It seemed decent enough. But then again no one would come to a bar in Hongdae for wine. He'd never seen anyone order anything weaker than rum except for beer during barbecues. 

"Call me if you need anything" she said, before leaving to attend to other customers. Hongbin shot a quick text to his manager saying he would be back at the dorm by 3 in the morning and not to wait up for him. After a moment of consideration, he lied and added that he was shopping in the late night markets in Hongdae and would call if their was any trouble but he didn't expect any. He didn't realize it but he had sipped through the entire cocktail and he regretted it instantly. Maybe he would just order another one.

"I'll have a French 75" he yelled over to her. she raised a thumbs up, serving to the other customers before going to make his drink. "I think that's an excellent choice" a woman next to him said. "I'm sorry?" he asked, taken back by her sudden appearance. He lowered his hoodie, not wanting to be recognized or frankly continue the conversation. "You have a classy taste in cocktails. My name's Seo Injung. What's yours?" the woman asked leaning in. "Uh..." Hongbin trailed off, leaning further away. He wasn't an idiot but he really wasn't in the mood for flirtation tonight. He looked over to the bartender who caught his eye and immediately understood the situation.

"Here's the water you wanted Mr Oh. Where's your girlfriend though?" the bartender said out loud, faking an innocent look. "girlfriend?" Injung asked, raising an eyebrow. "Mr Oh did come with a girlfriend. He's been ordering for her all night" the bartender bluffed. Hongbin nodded, going along with the lie. "Right. Hopefully she'll be back soon" Injung said, clearly not taking well to the information. She grabbed her drink and left, letting Hongbin breathe easily. "Thanks" he told the bartender. "No problem. Happens all the time. Usually to a woman though" she said offhandedly. "Some times we get harrassed as well" Hongbin grumbled. "You're not one of those Not all Men supporters are you?" she ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter