[Leo] Faithfully

Daffodils In The Wind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Companion to the last chapter(California King Bed). But can be read alone. Inspired by the song 'Faithfully' by Journey.

In which, Hweji and Taekwoon fall in love faster than they expected. And life has heavier consequences for certain decisions. 

 

 

 

"Hey" Taekwoon said, nodding at Hweji. "Oppa! Hi! When did you get to the party?" Hweji asked him brightly. She looked stunning in her black dress and golden heels. Her hair was straight and long, framing her face and hiding golden chandelier earrings that peeked out once in a while. "Just a while ago. Do you know where the guys are?" Taekwoon asked her. "I saw Hongbin oppa a while ago. I think Sanghyuk is talking to whoever is hosting. I haven't seen the others yet" she told him. 

"Do you want a drink?" she asked him. She held up a botttle of beer. "Can't. We're recording in the afternoon tomorrow" he told her gesturing to his throat. "Boo" she pouted. It was at that moment that the beats came on. Hweji gave him a look. "Don't tell me you can't dance. Every Starlight knows you can!" she yelled before he could say anything. 

She took his hands and dragged him along to the floor. Quite a few people were already present, their intentions the same. A smooth groovy number by Chris Brown started to play and Taekwoon sang along as he moved. Hweji clearly had more fun because she was dancing along to him singing.

The dancing must have continued for a while because both Taekwoon and Hweji were flustered. There was a smell of alcohol in the air and a lot of heat. Perhaps from the crowd or perhaps because Taekwoon and Hweji had been close for a while. When had she crossed into his personal space and when had he begun looking at her eyes, fiercely winged in contrast to her soft brown eyes?

"Kinda hot in here" Hweji said awkwardly as she fanned herself. "Do you want to get out of here?" Taekwoon asked her. She nodded, biting her lip and Taekwoon wishing she would really not do that. "Actually, it's getting late so I think I will just go home" she told him, leaning in closer to him. "I.. I'll drop you" he stuttered a little. 

She nodded, staring into his eyes. Taekwoon leaned in before they were interrupted by Sanghyuk. "Hweji! I haven't seen you since forever!" he yelled happily. Sanghyuk hugged her missing Taekwoon’s glare. Hweji laughed and patted his back. "You sound drunk" she told him. "I'm not! I'm just happy to see you. Oh hyung! We've been looking for you too" he said, noting Taekwoon. 

"I was actually about to drop Hweji home" Taekwoon told him. "You're leaving already?" he asked her. "It's late and I have class in the morning" she told him. "Bunk a day! Live a little!" he exclaimed. "Yeaaahhh no. Good night Sanghyuk" Hweji said decisively. Sanghyuk pouted before turning to Taekwoon. "Text us if you decide to go back to the dorm hyung. We won't wait for you here" the maknae told him. Taekwoon nodded and the younger one left, leaving the two of them alone again.

"We should go" Hweji said, taking his arm. He nodded, putting it around her to protect her from the crowd as they made their way out. It had been just been a house party by a sunbae of theirs (he had already forgotten the name) but it was as lively as a club now. Taekwoon took a moment to check if he had everything before leaving the place with Hweji. They took a cab to her place and she invited him for coffee. Now that they were alone, they had some time to hear themselves think. 

"Crazy party" Hweji said, hanging her keys on a holder. "It was fun" Taekwoon conceded. "Bet it was because you got to dance with me" Hweji said stucking her tongue out at him. "Totally" he deadpanned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter