Chapter 4

When life changes unexpectedly

The next few weeks went by relatively fast, she was starting to get the hang of her new job and was starting to feel more comfortable and was getting along great with her new colleagues. Though there was still some awkward tension between her and Leo, and they had had a few embarrassing moments that made her want to sink through the earth and disappear. But other than that she was feeling that her life was pretty okay for once.

The weather started to change from summer to autumn, as it was the end of september, and boy was she thankful for that! The summer had been a real torture with hot weather constantly for 3 months, but now it was finally starting to cool down a bit to a more acceptable temperature.

The nice weather wasn’t the only good thing, they were also really busy preparing for Vixx’s third comeback for 2016 which had gotten Haerin really excited. It was going to be her first comeback since she got the job as a makeup artist. It was a busy friday like any other day, she started her day off by having a meeting together with the other makeup artists and the stylists to determine what look and clothes they were going to go for based on the information they had gotten about the concept for the new album and music video.

She couldn’t help but feel a little excited when she heard that Leo was going to have red hair. She remembered having seen a picture of him when he had red hair during their On and On era, and she really liked that color on him. After the meeting was over Haerin walked over to the makeup room and seeing as the boys hadn’t come yet she started setting up the makeup and hair products she was going to use.

A few minutes later vixx arrived and she greeted them with a bow, and Leo gave her a small smile as he sat down in the chair. They didn’t really talk a lot when they met, but unlike before they were now comfortable in each others silence so Haerin usually worked fast but thorough on his makeup as he listened to music or looked through comments from fans on Twitter and Instagram.

This particular day Vixx was having an interview on a tv-show so she did a very natural makeup on him. As she started working on his hair, he picked up some food to eat for lunch, and as the food smell reached her nose a wave of nausea hit her, and with it also came an even bigger wave of panic and anxiety.

Haerin was extremely scared of puking, especially when she wasn’t in the comfort of her own home where she could lie down until the nausea passes. She tried to push away the growing panic and focused on getting his hair done, but the more she tried to ignore it the more she could smell the food and that made her more and more nauseous. She could feel a lump form in her stomach, and that lump wanted out, NOW.

“I’m sorry, I have to-” she said and put her hand over to prevent herself from puking then and there, and then she ran out of the makeup room to the toilet that was a bit down the hall. She barely made it inside before her breakfast and lunch came up. After puking she didn’t feel nauseous anymore, but the aftermath was a panic attack. She sat down on the floor and tears welled up in her eyes as that panic weighed down on her chest, making it hard to breath.

She started to breathe faster, close to the point of hyperventilating. A knock on the door brought her out of her little panic bubble. She crawled over to the door and opened it, she felt too weak to stand up and walk. A shocked Leo peeked in through the door crack before he stepped in and kneeled down infront of her.

“Are you okay?” he asked and gently her arm. She just wished the panic would go away but it didn’t. She tried hard to control her breathing and slow it down but it barely worked.

“Yeah.. No. I am extremely scared of puking, and now I just did so I am having a… slight panic attack” she said in a shaky voice. “I need my phone so I can listen to my special playlist for these situations, it helps me calm down. But-uh… my phone is… I don’t know where it is”. Tears welled up again as she frantically looked around the bathroom, as if her phone would magically appear in there.

“What kind of music do you listen to in situations like this?” he asked. He looked extremely worried, and he wanted nothing more in this moment than to help her feel better. He felt so helpless seeing her in this state.

“Just something calm, I don’t know I just need something to listen to right now” she said, her voice still shaking. She felt like she wanted to just crawl out of her own skin and run away. It almost felt like her body was too small and she didn’t fit inside it but at the same time she can’t get out of it either. Leo gently grabbed her face with his hands and looked her in the eyes.

“I don’t have much knowledge about stuff like this, but I can sing for you, that could count as music right?” He asked and Haerin nodded weakly, breaking their eye-contact by looking down at the floor.

“Now, I want you to keep having eye contact with me, okay? Just look at me and focus on my singing” he said and quickly cleared his throat before he started to sing ‘Someday’ softly. She focused on him and his singing, which was extremely soothing. She felt her body slowly starting to relax and her breathing was returning back to normal. Soon she found herself totally relaxed in just a few minutes, which shocked her. Usually she didn’t snap out of it this fast.

“Do you feel better now?” he asked her after he finished singing the song, still cupping her face with his hands. She let out a deep sigh and nodded.

“Yes, thank you Leo. I’m sorry you had to witness this little… breakdown of mine” she said in a quiet voice, looking down and breaking the eye contact they had held for so long.

“Don’t apologize, I’m glad you’re feeling better” he said and flashed a little smile as he let out a sigh of relief. “I think you should go home and rest for today though. I will find you a ride home so just wait here while I go get my phone and your stuff”. He stood up and left the bathroom and went to the makeup room to grab his phone that he had left on his vanity when he ran after Haerin.

“What happened? Is Haerin okay?” N asked concerned when he saw Leo entering the room. All the boys’ hair and makeup was basically done except Leo, but they were all still there to wait for him since they didn’t know what had happened. Leo was unsure about how much he should actually tell them, since Haerin maybe didn’t want the whole world to know about her panic attacks, so he decided to only tell about the nausea.

“She-uh… Felt nauseous and had to puke. Since she Isn’t feeling very well I’m just gonna go grab her stuff and send her home, I’ll be right back” he said as he grabbed his phone and turned around walking back towards the door. But right when he was about to exit he stopped and turned around.

“Oh, right. Haerin did my makeup but she had just started with my hair so can you fix it when I come back, ms. Choi?” Leo said and looked at N’s makeup artist who gave him a nod in response. He quickly went up to the floor above where he knew that Haerin kept her belongings and grabbed them. As he went down a floor again he called his manager to ask him to give her a ride home. He went back to the toilet where she was still waiting.

“So, here are your things. I called my manager, he is going to give you a ride home. Can you get up?” He said and extended out a hand to Haerin who was still sitting on the floor where he had left her. She grabbed it and he helped her up, and put her arm around his waist and then he put his arm around her shoulders. She actually felt fine enough to walk on her own but it felt so nice to be cared for so she let him think that he needed to support her as they went down to the parking garage where Leo’s manager was waiting in one of the company cars. He seated her in the car and even helped her put on the seat belt, and she felt a little flutter in her heart because of his kindness. He could look so cold but in reality he was such a kind and caring person, a total opposite of the first impression people usually got from him.

“Make sure you get plenty of rest now this weekend, Haerin” he said, with concern still lingering in his eyes. She nodded at him and flashed him a weak smile to show him that she was okay and he smiled back at her before closing the car door. She fell asleep in the car, exhausted from all the anxiety she had experienced earlier. As they reached her apartment building Leo’s manager gently nudged her arm to wake her up, and she thanked him for giving her a ride before getting out of the car. When she got into her little apartment she went straight to bed, not caring that it barely even dinner time, and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.


Okay, first of all, I'm sooooo sorry that I haven't updated the story in ages! I have just been busy with searching for jobs and recently I also started studying so my free time is a bit limited at the moment.

This chapter is not my best writing, I'm not super satisfied with how it came out but I wanted to give you something at least since it's been so long since I last updated the story. For the anxiety part I actually tried to describe how I feel when I feel nauseous since I'm also afraid of puking haha.

Also, did anyone else watch the latest episode of Vixx Tv when Leo was at an amusement park with his little nephew?! It was the cutest thing I've ever seen, it's given me a lot of inspiration for this story (although I'm not gonna promise that I will update soon cause I can't keep my word but I will try my best to at least update a little sooner hahha).

Anyways, I hope you will find this chapter to be atleast okay and if you have suggestions or wishes for what you want to happen next, feel free to tell me! :3