003

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 003 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] "Tomorrow, I'll meet you for sure." [/CONTENTID2]

 

 

[CONTENTID3] “Samcheok?” her mother repeated in puzzlement. “What will you be doing in Samcheok?”

 

Hyeri wracked her brain for a quick alibi.

 

“I grew up in a city, Mom. Every place we’ve lived in is practically a city,” she whined, fervently praying the lie won’t show on her face. “I want to experience provincial life, too. I want to breathe fresh unpolluted air. I want to experience nature.”

 

The woman continued to stare at her quizzically, as if she’s contemplating whether her daughter had lost her mind. Hyeri decided to attack before her mother could ask more, “Come on, Mom. Please? I want to go there. Please? Pretty please?”

 

Hyeri’s parents exchanged meaningful glances before her mom finally sighed in resignation.

 

“Fine,” she muttered, sounding like she’s sure she’d regret her decision anytime soon. “I’ll arrange everything you need. You can go there next week.”

 

Hyeri wasn’t able to stop herself from squealing and throwing a fist in the air. She embraced her mother and pecked her cheek. She also did the same to her dad.

 

“You guys are the best, you know that?” she announced in glee, draping her arms over both of them. She giggled cheerfully before running back to her room. She picked the scattered pieces of paper on her bed and hugged them affectionately against her chest.

 

I can’t wait to see you soon, she thought – mind already working to form a picture of the mysterious Do Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

The seven days passed by in a blur for Go Hyeri. She’d either stay in the house to read and watch, visit her dad in the hospital, help her mom out on her boutique, or roam around the neighborhood and shop. During the night before her scheduled departure, she already had everything she needs packed and ready. She’s stoked to leave – stoked to see the man that had invaded most of her dreams and occupied majority of her thoughts.

 

She took the box containing the letters and placed it on top of her luggage. She’ll be there for a week. And during that span of time, she only has one mission in mind – she has to meet him. At all costs. No matter what.

 

 

 

 

“Take good care of yourself, sweetie, understand?” her mom murmured as she kissed her forehead and helped her inside the rented car.

 

“Call us immediately when something’s wrong,” her dad added, kissing her cheek.

 

Hyeri rolled her eyes.

 

“Yes, Mom, Dad. I’ll be fine. You don’t have to worry.”

 

The man waved his hand at her daughter one last time before pushing the door closed. The car shuddered to life and immediately drove away.

 

Hyeri wasn’t able to calm her nerves through the entire ride. Her hands kept fumbling the box absentmindedly, her head working to imagine the things that might happen to her once she gets there. Will she be able to see him? And what would she tell him if she does?

 

Her heart raced just with the thought of him.

 

How could she possibly like someone she’s never met? She knew it’s too early to call it ‘crush’ but what else can explain the way she’s feeling? The way she thinks of him every single time? The way she yearns to know him?

 

Hyeri remained awake throughout the three-hour drive. She almost felt her heart rise to when the car stopped in front of the house she’d be staying at. Her parents had chosen a rest house instead of a hotel. There’d be an old lady to guard her here, to make sure she’s kept well fed. She knew it cost her parents a fortune but she didn’t argue. She prefers this over a hotel, anyway.

 

The driver carried her belongings inside while she was left outside gazing at the structure. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter