001

Letters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] 001 [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] "...and his name is Do Kyungsoo." [/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3] “Do you have everything you need, sweetie?” Hyeri’s mom asked as she  peeped inside her daughter’s new room. Hyeri’s seated on the floor with numbers of boxes scattered around her, each of them already open.

 

Hyeri smiled and answered, “Yes, Mom. I’ve just begun unpacking.”

 

“That’s good. Make yourself busy. I need to go to the shop to check on the construction while your dad needs to rush to the hospital. I don’t think we’d be able to come back in time for dinner,” the woman explained apologetically and Hyeri could only fake a smile and nod. She released the sigh she was suppressing as soon as the door closed and her mother disappeared.

 

As always, she thought bitterly, going back to the past. Her parents have been like this ever since she can remember. They’ve always been busy in their jobs that she grew up barely seeing the both of them. She seldom eats with them and they never allowed her out of the house. She was an only child so she therefore understands their reason for being overly protective but sometimes she can’t help but wish they’d loosen up a bit. She’s sixteen, nearly turning seventeen, and she doesn’t have any friends – not if you’d consider her three nannies who have been with her throughout most of her life.

 

Hyeri stood up to arrange her books on the shelf. What else can you expect from a child who’s never allowed to have fun outside? She becomes a reader, obviously.  This is her sixth time moving so unpacking doesn’t seem like a really difficult task. She already knows where to put what and so she was able to fix her things quickly. She remembered her last conversation with her parents, how they said they might be staying in this house permanently this time. There was a new hospital built in the city and her dad was assigned to become the head of it. Her mom had also started to put up another branch of her boutique here and is deciding on turning it into her brand’s headquarters. She’s got high hopes for this place. And more than anything, she’s ecstatic to experience attending school for the very first time.

 

Hyeri fell asleep out of exhaustion

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter