II - Arraum

Interstellar
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
please be open-minded and make sure to read carefully as this part will be quite confusing. the time loops on this part are all the same, except for the flashback...  i italized the flashback part so you won't be confused further. hey to the guys who went here bcs i recommended it, lol. sorry for being shameless. hope you guys enjoy! word count: 6155 p.s Pirone - pai-rown Militia - milit-ya

 

 

One week was given to them as a task of discovering an unknown planet. Thus, with their familiar adrenaline blood and adventurous mind, the famous group of people excitedly packed up for the upcoming journey where not a single soul has known yet. Disregarding the fact of the one week journey on the unknown planet as terribly risky, they convinced themselves that it is for the future leaders of their world, and for the betterment of the education of their fellow children. Considering the fact that they’ve been into worse where one of them even lost a limb - they believed that this would be nothing; just like a walk in Flora, except, there would be horrifying creatures and perhaps a lethal environment.

 

So, as eager as they can be, Pirone went into the portal to the unknown planet - not really re-thinking of the consequence they might face for they believed to be in so much worse.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The streets of Arraum were bustling with so much radiance and joy.

 

Apparently, today is the day where the townspeople and creatures of Arraum unify to celebrate a great thanksgiving for their beloved goddess, Ashen, in creating and letting them live the life of a peaceful and beautiful world.

 

In a Universe filled with endless abyss of darkness, and unknown neighboring planets, Arraum is a blissful and safe world to live in. Thus, the people of Arraum make sure to give thanksgiving to their kind goddess every 98th day of dawn every year - for it is the day where Ashen had given her final blessings to Arraum - that is the birth of gifted creatures and humans. Annually, the festival lingers for 7 days; with a two day preparation for the upcoming event, no wonder the streets of Arraum are ecstatic for the start of the great festival.

 

With a bunch of mini army-like children holding tightly on their kites, giving laughter to the elders, workers, commoners, creatures of Flora, even the members of the Militia, and other more working skillfully as one as they transform the clean and quiet street to festive ones. Sure enough, every time this happens, Baekhyun knows that he cannot wish for more.

 

Chuckling when a certain kid bumped onto his side and slipped on his tiny feet, Baekhyun crouched down to help the young boy up. "Are you alright, boy?" He asked.

 

Upon hearing Baekhyun's voice, the young boy abruptly lifted his widened eyes to look at the guardian, mouth unconsciously gaping. "G-guardian! I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to bump into--"

 

"Hey, hey" The former chuckled once more, tenderly caressing the boy's face. "It's alright, it's not me who fell - here let me help you." He said, holding the kid firmly and gently on his arms, helping him stand up. When he deemed the boy completely fine, Baekhyun ruffled his hair, earning a giggle from the kid.

 

"What's your name, boy?" Baekhyun asked, smiling brilliantly.

 

The boy, on the other hand, saw a faint glow behind the guardian, eliciting a silent awe from the kid. Despite the glow being normal for the guardian of light, whoever gets the chance of getting a glimpse on the said guardian will see the greatness that Baekhyun holds. After all, light conquers all evil - it certainly gives the people and creatures of Arraum a great sense of hope and peace. Indeed, goddess Ashen is never wrong in choosing the rightful ones.

 

"My name's Nik, guardian!" The boy - Nik - answered cheerily, happy to introduce himself to the light guardian.

 

"It's nice to meet you, Nik. My name is Baekhyun, and I hope you just call me by that." 

 

Nik's eyes widened by the request. Suddenly, he remembered his mom telling him to call every high officials of Arraum formally to show respect; Nik wanted to protest to the guardian's request, but seeing that brilliant smile plus the faint glow on his back, it made the little boy gulp in nervousness and reluctantly nod his head. "O-okay... B-but.. C-can I just call you guardian?" He shyly asked.

 

Baekhyun scrunched his nose at that. "Nope! I already feel old as it is, you can just call me hyung if you feel awkward about it." He said, smiling after. Nik was about to respond the guardian when a female voice interrupted the both of them.

 

"Nik! There you are! Goodness, I've been searching for y--" The woman who seems to be Nik's sister, halted abruptly when she saw her little brother's accompany. Eyes widening and mouth gaping in shock, she immediately bowed in respect; Nik giggled in return whilst Baekhyun smiled in amusement. However, before the woman could say anything that the guardian would only find even more amusing, Baekhyun spoke.

 

"Hello." He started. "I suppose you're Nik's sister?" Baekhyun looked at the boy who nodded in confirmation. He smiled - silently thanking the kid. Upon looking back at the woman who's head is a bit lowered, attempting to hide the embarrasment in her cheeks, the guardian gently tapped Nik's small shoulder twice before urging him to go to his sister. "Nik here has been a good boy, don't scold him okay?" Baekhyun let out a cheeky grin, earning a deeper shade of crimson on the woman's cheeks as her younger brother walk towards her.

 

"Y-yes, guardian." She responded.

 

"And Nik?" The latter turned his head around to look at the light guardian who seemed to be glowing a bit brighter whenever he lets out a smile. "Don't run off like that again, okay? Always watch where you're going." Baekhyun said. After that, he finally said his goodbyes to trek a little bit more on the now colorful streets of Arraum.

 

As Baekhyun nonchalantly greets the townspeople and creatures on the streets, he caught the sight of the prince of Arraum's back crouched as he plays with what seemed like a dozen kids around him. Smiling at the sight, Baekhyun jogged over and called his name, effectively having the prince' attention when he turned his neck. The guardian can't help but chuckle, though - to see the prince' hair all tousled is one thing, but to see him completely disheveled is a rare image to see. However, despite the seriously tiring situation, the prince grinned brightly at the guardian and called for help.

 

"Alright kids!" Baekhyun hollered. "I think prince Kai is done with his duties of playing with you all - now now don't whine children, I assure you all that he will gladly play with you next time." The guardian glanced at the prince who's eyes are widened, clearly dumbfounded by the announcement, yet still nodded and agreed to the kids. 

 

The kids, on the other hand, seemed to like the idea as they cheered and jumped around Baekhyun and Kai.

 

 

 

When no little beings are surrounding them anymore, the prince let out a big sigh as he wearily patted the guardian's shoulder - a silent thanks coming from him which Baekhyun only chuckled at. "You sure are a prince, but you're helpless when it comes to kids." He teased.

 

"Come on now, Baek, don't pull that thing on me - as if you're not helpless too; we're just on the same page!" Kai retorted playfully.

 

"Whatever you say, prince." The former teased once more, earning a whine that could imitate of a child's.

 

But, as he walked further, his vision suddenly turned white before seeing a crystalline orb around a mist. Knowing what it was, Baekhyun told Kai to continue as he will go back to the palace. Then, he quickly pivoted his heels and stormed off. As soon as he got there, the guardian wasted no time and scurried hurriedly towards the most corner part of the palace - where a long, dark hall connecting to Arraum's most revered place is located. The moment he entered the said hall, light orbs floated around the place, enlightening the dark wall of vines. Not minding the sudden heaviness on his chest since he knew that it was only a defence mechanisBaekhyun instead made his strides faster, slowly feeling the precious orb that's within his eyesight's reach. The guardian felt the corners of his lips raise a little bit when the dark hall had came to an end with the gigantic golden steel doors of Enchantra - Arraum’s consecrated room - opening itself as he continues to stride without a halt.

 

Inside Enchantra was a bright room filled with tranquil mist. Its vibrant walls were decorated with elegant vines ranging from gold to lush green; and somewhere along the trails of those vines are the beaming lights that enlighten the whole room. Its roof was fully layered with thick mist - as if there’s no roof inside Enchantra at all.

 

And finally, in the midst of the heavenly room - as Baekhyun swiftly hovered his hands with - is the glowing Core on the center, floating and glowing ever so brightly adjacent to the brightness of the room; royal gold of vines surrounding below the Core with a small sparkling light on the middle.

 

With his hands already hovered on the sacred orb, his own light flickered to life and connected itself with the orb’s very own gleam. Muttering a few chant, the orb floated a foot higher from the guardian and the vines below the orb started sizzling until it elongated itself towards the revered object. As soon as the vines had fully settled itself just below the Core, the thick mist of the room slowly clustered above the orb, imitating the perfect illustration of the Tree of Life with the Core serving as the heart of it.

 

From there, no matter how long he’s entitled as the guardian of the Core, Baekhyun is sure that he will never be able to get over the beauty that is the crystalline orb that their goddess Ashen had gifted them with.

 

As soon as the thick mist had fully huddled itself like that of a cloud, series of images - horrible and majestic - automatically appeared; Baekhyun gulped and his lips, half nervous half excited as to what the Core will show him. After all, it is a prophecy - the last prophecy that the Core showed was the Great War that occurred decades ago, and albeit Arraum won that battle, he was still not sure what to think of the moment an image of his world appeared.

 

Arraum is a very beautiful planet - a one of a kind; with brilliant greeneries and dark hues of blue mixing well with the magnificent white and gold, it is as though Arraum is a heaven in disguise. Baekhyun momentarily forgot that what it is shown from the mist is a prophecy as he continues staring at his world in admiration; however, what came next effectively - and horribly - brought him back to realization, that whichever event that would happen to his beloved home would do no good.

 

The next image was darkness, pure darkness around the world that is slowly touching, slowly invading the purity that is Arraum - lethally diminishing the light of the world in exchange for terror, blood, and death. Then another image came.

 

Baekhyun unconsciously raised his right hand to cover his mouth as he fearfully stared at what used to be a bright and blissful streets. The image is so clear: the streets were mostly covered in blood and ashes, the houses were being devoured by fire, smokes merging through the dark, red skies. And even though no sounds were coming out from the vision, the guardian knows that the people on the image were screaming and crying from just the way they run around in hopes of escaping and surviving the impending doom that is death. So many distorted bodies were scattered on the streets.

 

It's pure chaos, to conclude. And for the first time, Baekhyun wished for a prophecy of another Great War, not an invasion.

 

Just as he thought that the prophecy was finished, another image of a world came, making the guardian blink in confusion. He doesn't know what the world is called, nor what kind of creatures live in it; the planet is covered by sandy and green colors, mixed with dark blue that mostly engulfs the whole planet.

 

What is this planet? Baekhyun thought as he continued scrutinizing the planet that seemed to be on the same size as Arraum's.

 

 

 

All of a sudden, the lights inside Enchantra went out - surprising him and momentarily blinding him. Baekhyun stilled, waiting for the lights to go back or any sign that would bring him to ease. Just as he was about to summon his light, a burst of red and black, then white suddenly sprouted on the Core - shocking the guardian in the process. The rest of the tranquil mist around the room rapidly turned into a harsh wind that it almost made Baekhyun topple over if it weren't for his hold on one of the vines on the wall. Just as how the sudden mayhem appeared, came the abrupt halt to everything - as if time stopped for him to completely swallow the intensity of the situation. Without notice, a mystical, soft feminine voice reverberated throughout the room. Its voice so gentle like water, yet the words it is telling holds so much fiery and desire.

 

 

 

 

 

Cruelty did the Universe gave us; we were never meant for each other. But as my heart beats madly does my soul seeks for thy presence, I know that it is you who is bonded with me for eternity. And as these two worlds revolve around one sun, no interstellar shall cease me from claiming you.

 

 

 

All of a sudden, another vision appeared above the Core. This time, it is a boy - two boys - side by side, both faces completely blurred out; even their body physique is quite blurred out. In the middle of said two boys, was a red string tied within their chests. And if it isn’t strange enough, Baekhyun can feel the string pulsating with so much energy.

 

"Another prophecy..." Baekhyun absentmindedly muttered, brows furrowing in the process. "I don't understand..."

 

The guardian stared at the image, as if the answer would pop out on magically. He doesn't understand, how the prophecy can be so... different.

 

Every prophecies comes from a ray of light. In that way, it informs the guardian by enlightening his vision first then showing the Core - from then on, the guardian would know. However, this prophecy... it didn't came from a ray of light. Baekhyun was sure that a spurt of red and black came from the orb; also, never did a prophecy came so violently - the mist never transforms into that of an angry wind. Gener

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter