Goodbye Summer

Love Run

Krystal pinches the bridge of her nose due to frustration. Sino ba namang hindi tatamaan ng stress if you're due to write a song and up 'till now, walang pumapasok na matitinong lyrics sa utak mo? Malamang mapag-iinitan na naman sya ng boss nya pag nagkataon,

 

The girl sighs and let's her head fall onto the audio panel in front of her. Surprisingly, a certain person's name leaves . "Yiyun..."

 

It's taking a toll on her again. Simula nung napag-usapan nila ni Jinri, hindi na mawala sa isip ni Krystal si Yiyun.

 

Kamusta na kaya sya?

 

Nasaan na kaya sya?

 

Bakit kaya sya umalis?

 

Kasalanan ko ba?

 

Ilan lang yun sa mga libo-libong tanong na nasa utak nya ngayon, mga tanong na she thought she'd already forgotten, that she'd already brushed off...

 

Pero hindi pa pala.

 

At hindi nya din sigurado if her feelings for the said girl are totally gone. Natatakot syang malaman kung meron pa nga ba talaga, natatakot syang umasa sa isang pangako na hindi nya naman alam kung matutupad pa ba.

 

---

 

Nagising si Krystal and realized na wala syang kasama. Yiyun must've cooked breakfast. She always does the said chore dahil late na lagi nagigising si Krystal, and ayon sa kanya, "You look so peaceful and angelic when you sleep that I don't have the heart to wake you up."

 

The thought made Krystal blush. Yiyun is one hell of a romantic dork.

 

Her romantic dork.

 

To this, Krystal decides na umidlip pa muna ng konti, but then as she was about to close her heavy lids, she spots the digital clock on top of the desk beside their bed blaring 3:00 AM. Agad na napatayo si Krystal with what she saw. 

 

It's still too early. Where could Yiyun have gone at this hour?

 

Pupungas pungas na tumayo si Krystal at lumabas ng kwarto nila para hanapin si Yiyun, yet she found no traces of the other girl inside their apartment. Worry started creeping onto Krystal. She frantically checked every corner of their apartment one more time but still, no Yiyun.

 

Agad syang bumalik sa kwarto as she  suddenly had the thought of calling the other girl, pero bago pa man nya ma-dial yung number, she saw the girl's phone situated on top of the desk.

 

How could that dork leave her phone?! Where did she go?!—

 

---

 

A soft knock was suddenly heard that was followed by a soft voice calling for her.

 

"Krystal ssi?"

 

The person mentioned jumped in the slightest and immediately sat right up.

 

"Nanaginip na naman ako." She said to no one in particular, brushing her hair back with her fingers in the process. 

 

And it's about her... About that day...

 

3 years.

 

She thought 3 years would be enough to forget. She tried so hard to do so, yet just because she was brought up again by Jinri, everything came back. The good memories, the bad, and most specifically, the pain that she felt after Yiyun unknowingly left.

 

It frustrates her really. Not just because all the efforts she put in just became ashes, but the fact that her insomnia was back, and that she's starting to slowly get enwrapped by the stinging pain again, is what drives her crazy mad.

 

With her mind occupied by the memory that just flashed through her dream, hindi nya napansin na bumukas yung pinto ng recording studio.

 

"Krystal ssi—"

 

"OH MY GOD!"

"KKAPJAKIYA!"

 

Both girls got startled, Krystal even almost falling from her chair. The two had their hands on their chests as they looked at each other.

 

"Gosh Irene unnie. You scared me." Si Krystal yung unang nagsalita sa kanilang dalawa as her shocked expression was now replaced by a smile of relief.

 

Irene, Krystal's assistant, was also somewhat relieved and shyly chuckled. "Sorry Ms. Krystal. Akala ko kasi narinig mo na kong pumasok since tatlong beses na kitang kinatok."

 

With what Irene said, Krystal realized how zoned out she was and sighs. "Okay lang unnie." The younger replies, kind of apologetic remembering kung gaano din kagulat si Irene kanina.

 

The latter shakes her head, still lightly chuckling nang bigla syang napatigil na para bang may naalala and immediately reaches for her pocket. "Pinapabigay nga pala ni boss." Along with her words, Irene hands out a red flash drive to Krystal. "It contains a song demo that was written by the trainee that they're preparing to debut. Gusto nyang ipakinig sayo to critic if it's okay to release it along with the debut song."

 

Kinuha naman ni Krystal yung flash drive at agad na isinaksak sa laptop nya. Being a producer that she is, she was so curious and excited as to how the song that was written by a trainee turned out. 

 

"Ito ba yung malapit na mag-debut na trainee na gusto ni boss na gawan ko ng title song?" Krystal asks Irene without even looking at the latter as she was engrossed on her laptop. 

 

"Oo sya nga yata yun."

 

Inside the flash drive was a mp3 file named 'Goodbye Summer'. 

 

"Well, nice title." Irene voices behind her as she was now looking at the laptop's screen along with Krystal.

 

Napatango naman si Krystal dito. "Oo nga. Makes me even more curious."

 

"So... Let's play it then?"

 

Krysta let's out a deep breath, her anticipation is now on its max. "Here goes nothing." 

 

The soft melody of an acoustic guitar filled the room as the song began to play, the melody of the song having a bittersweet vibe to it, making Krystal nod and give out a small smile.

 

gieoghae bogdoeseo tteo deulda

gati honnadeon uri dul

(I remember when we were yelled at for talking in the halls)

 

beolseo myeon seodo wae geurido jeulgeo wot neunji arasseo

(I don't know why it was so fun being punished)

 

Yet her smile immediately dropped as soon as she heard the vocals singing on the song. That certain soft yet at the same time quite husky and soothing voice instantly caught her attention as it all seems too familiar.

 

geunal ihuro, 

uri neul

(After that day, we always)

 

ssang dungi byeoljari cheoreom

neon na naneun neoyeosseo

(Stuck together like twins, you were me, and I was you)

 

"The vo-vocal for thi-this... Sya din ba yu-yung trainee?" Krystal asked, obviously stuttering at her words.

 

Di naman masyadong pinansin yun ni Irene and just nonchalantly replied. "Oo sya daw. Ang ganda ng boses nya no?"

 

"Oo."

 

Krystal can't help but bite her lip as the song continues to play. It's melody and lyrics touching her heart, and the voice of the singer enveloping her whole being. That voice, how can it be?

 

It's so similar to Yiyun's.

 

---

 

She's sitting across her with a smile while singing and playing her guitar. That smile that never left her face since earlier when she announced na may bago syang isinulat na kanta na para sa kanya. 

 

Yiyun never failed to amaze Krystal. The former is a very talented person. Kaya nyang magsulat ng mga kanta, plus she has a very great voice. A very soft, calm and soothing one yet is also kind of husky.

 

"I need to feel needed~" Yiyun sang the last line at di napigilang mapangiti ni Krystal dahil dito.

 

"So... Maganda ba?"

 

"Oo." Krystal replies with her small yet very proud smile, pero it was instantly wiped out with a glare. "Pero bakit 'Need to Feel Needed'? Yah! Don't you feel that with me?"

 

To this, Yiyun broke into a cold sweat ang nervously chuckled. Oo, minsan, minsan lang naman talaga, takot sya kay Krystal. "Di naman sa ganun princess." She tries to reason out, pero seeing na hindi pa din nawawala yung sama ng tingin sa kanya ni Krystal, agad syang lumapit dito and gave her a tight and warm hug. "What I meant by the song is that, I will always crave for your attention and your attention only."

 

It's cheesy, yes. She's always like this, yes. 

 

But if you ask if Krystal likes it? The answer is still definitely a 'yes'.

 

Yet Krystal doesn't let it show, but even though she doesn't, 

 

Yiyun still knows.

 

"Tsk. Stupid. Of course you have my attention."

 

---

 

bomyeon gaseum arin story

(A heartbreaking story)

 

I'm sorry, yeoreuma ijen goodbye, yeah yeah

(I'm sorry, summer, now goodbye, yeah yeah)

 

"Wow." Irene quietly exclaims. "Ang ganda. I think that was well written. Ano sa tingin mo Ms.?"

 

Krystal just nods at this as she's now trying na wag tumulo yung mga luha na naipon sa mga mata nya.

 

She can't be wrong. It's Yiyun's voice. 

 

Gathering herself, huminga sya ng malalim before she faced Irene. "You're right that song was well written. Sabihin mo kay boss that it would go nicely as a side track for a debut song. And that I'm volunteering to also produce this."

 

Irene just smiled and eagerly nodded at Krystal's statement. Lalabas na sana sya para maipaalam agad sa boss nila yung desisyon ni Krystal when suddenly the latter held her wrist to stop her. She looks back and saw something in Krystal's eyes that she can't quite fathom. 

 

Was it sadness?

 

Or hope?

 

Pero bago pa man nya maisip kung ano yun, nagsalita bigla si Krystal.

 

"Perhaps, alam mo ba yung pangalan nung trainee na to? Ever since I got the project to write and produce a title track for this trainee, kahit kailan hindi nila nasabi sakin yung pangalan nya."

 

Napaisip naman bigla si Irene dahil sa tanong ni Krystal, and that's when she remembered their boss mentioning the name of the trainee nung inabot sa kanya yung flash drive.

 

"If I remember it correctly... The trainee's name was Amber."

 

---

 

Krystal was already about to go out of their apartment to try and find Yiyun until she saw a sticky note situated on the mirror inside their room. Agad nya yung kinuha and instantly her brows furrowed and tears began to fall from her eyes nonstop, making her bite her lip as to not sob uncontrollably, yet she fails to do so and falls weak onto her knees.

 

The note read...

 

Hi princess,

      

        I know this is sudden, pero kailangan ko munang umalis. Please don't think it's your fault, and also wag mo na din sana muna akong hanapin. I'll take care of myself, and while I'm gone please, pretty please, promise me you'll take care of yourself too. Continue being with Jinri and Luna, they won't leave you. I'm so sorry Soojung-ah. And I love you so much. 

 

I'll be back. Maybe not that soon, but I will. I promise.

 

                                            -Yiyun

 

 

----------------------

 

A/N :

Just a quick note, in case some people are confused. The bunch of italicized paragraphs is Krystal's memories, while yung italicized short sentences naman in between normal ones are her thoughts. Tapos yung naka-bold is said in english. I underlined the song lyrics para di din kayo malito, tapos nilagay ko din yung english tranlations sa ibaba (yung nasa parenthesis)

 

So ayun! 

 

Let me know what you think guys! Please do comment co'z I love reading your opinions on the story! I'll be waiting! :D

 

And to those new subscribers and upvoters of this story, thank you very much!!!! 

 

Love y'all guys! <3

 

Author out! 

Peace!