Her "Family"

Love Run


The sunlight peeks through Krystal's curtain which makes her stir from her sleep. She stretches and a groan escapes feeling her sore back. The girl sits up galing sa masarap nya lang na pagkakahiga kanina. As she was about to open her door to head to the kitchen because of the complaining growls of her stomach, she hears a lot of commotion from the other side, and guessing from the sounds, it's like some kitchen utensils and pans dropped down the floor. Worried of what's happening, she hurries to open her door, passing quickly through their living room.

Pero bago pa man sya lalong mag-panic, napatigil sya at nagpigil ng tawa sa dinatnan nya. Her roommate Seulgi is rummaging through the cabinets habang may nakasalang na pinipritong itlog sa stove.

Krystal makes her presence known by clearing . The other girl quickly stands up upon seeing her, giving off an embarrassing smile with a hand on her nape.

"This is new." Krystal chuckles. "Maaga ka yatang nagising, and from the looks of it, nagluluto ka ng breakfast?"

The same aged girl merely nods, still shocked and flustered that her friend caught her. 

Madalas kasi, sa kanilang dalawa, si Krystal ang unang nagigising kaya naman it was like an unspoken rule sa apartment nila na sya na din yung in charge sa breakfast, and practically every meal kapag sabay silang kumakain sa apartment, co'z Seulgi can often times make a mess in the kitchen. Krystal might be lazy at times in terms of getting up early from bed pero Seulgi is definitely worse than her. She's like a cuddly grizzly bear to be honest.

Krystal now let's out her laugh, making her roommate blush crimson red, either from embarrassment or something more, Krystal didn't mind much though as she found it quite adorable. "Ako na magtutuloy nito Seul. Just sit tight right there and wait."

Pipigilan pa sana ni Seulgi si Krystal at kukunin nya pa sana yung spatula sa kaibigan. "Pero Soojung—"

The latter stops the bear with her left hand as she raises the spatula with her right hand to prevent Seulgi from reaching it. "Walang pero pero Seul. Upo dun. If you want you can watch T.V while waiting."

Seulgi pouts as Krystal gestures to the sofa with a smile, but instead of heading there, she sat by their dining table and decided to just watch the latter fix whatever she messed up inside the kitchen.

After toasting some bread and frying the eggs and bacon, natapos na si Krystal and laid the foods in front of a hungry Seulgi. The bear instantly digs in and so does Krystal. 

"Mmmang sshawaap nito Shwoojuung!" Seulgi says with glee habang puno ng pagkain yung bibig nya, making Krystal fall into pits of laughter.

"Yah! Don't talk when your mouth is full you bear!"

With the scolding she got from her friend, napatulala lang si Seulgi, which Krystal found adorable making her ruffle her friend's hair. Magpo-protesta sana si Seulgi sa ginawa ni Krystal but she was cut off when they heard a phone ringing.

"Oops akin yun! Can you take care of the dishes Seul?"

Krystal dashed to the living room to grab her phone while the bear of a person yelled out a loud yet still muffled "Sure!"

"Yoboseo?" She said nang sagutin nya yung tawag, not even minding to look at whoever the caller is.

"Guess who's back?"

She doesn't even need to ask who it is. Boses pa lang, it's all too familiar.

"Yah! Choi Jinri! Grabe it's been months!"

Jinri, gosh how she really missed her best friend. She and Jinri go way back since college, including Luna. She remembers how they were an inseparable bunch, even though she was quite the tsundere that time. 

"Yeah yeah I know. But hopefully I'm back in Seoul for good!"

It's an understatement that Krystal was just excited, she was beyond happy that her best friend will be back in Seoul for good. "Really?! Ibig sabihin..."

"Yup! We're back together again!"

At the mention of this, abot tenga yung ngiti ni Krystal. For her, it's not just her friends that she'll be seeing, co'z to her, they're something much more than that.

"Mag-celebrate tayo!" Krystal chimes. "All of us should have dinner or something! And I would really want Seulgi to come too." She hesitates at her last sentence. Kelan lang din kasi napasama si Seulgi sa kanila. She actually thought that she wouldn't let anyone in her life again anymore after she left, but in the end Seulgi found her way in.

"Of course! Sabi nga nila, the more the merrier! Kita na lang tayo mamayang mga 6pm. Dun pa din sa restaurant ni ajhussi! Wag mong kakalimutan ha? Ako na lang tatawag kay Sunyoung unnie, ikaw na bahala kay Seulgi."

Krystal nods at this kahit na di naman sya nakikita ni Jinri. "Sige! See you later Jinri-ah!"

As soon as the call was cut, she hears Seulgi's voice suddenly close to her which made her turn around. "Sino yun?" The girl, who surprisingly was behind her, asks.

Na-confuse lang si Seulgi when Krystal grinned.

"Got any plans later?"

---

To say that the both of them are late is an understatement. Pero paano ba namang hindi ka ma-late when your boss suddenly wants to have a meeting with you regarding on producing a title song for an upcoming singer just an hour before yung dapat mong lakad? Buti na lang Seulgi was kind enough na ihatid at sunduin sya, giving her a lift with her car.

Well, Seulgi has always been kind.

When they reached the place, two mocking smiles welcomed the both of them and Krystal can't help but roll her eyes at their friends.

They could really be annoying at times specially kapag nang-aasar sila pero they really are a precious bunch for her. Tsaka they never left her at the low points of her life that's why she's really grateful sa kanilang dalawa, including Seulgi. They're the only ones she has as of now.  

"Cut me some slack guys! Biglaang nagpatawag ng meeting yung boss ko kaya ako late!"

Si Seulgi naman na nasa tabi nya can't help but laugh at the situation.

"Woah, calm down Jung!" Jinri says chuckling, standing up at lumapit kay Seulgi greeting her first and excitedly hugging her. "It's been a while bear!" 

"Yeah medyo matagal na nga. It's nice to see you again Jinri." The smaller of the two genuinely says as she hugs the taller back.

This time, Jinri turns to her best friend who's glaring at her while she returns the glare with a laugh. "Yah! You! Come here and give me a hug too!"

Krystal also breaks into a chuckle, giving in to her friend's request.

All the while, Luna was watching them seated at the table, contently smiling. "Yah yah! Tama na yan! Umupo na kayo at umorder na tayo. I'm starving!" She hollered making Krystal and the other two laugh as they took their seats.

The four of them made their orders and started to dig in as soon as their food was served. Kwento dito, asaran doon, ganito yung naging set-up nila habang kumakain. If you would look at them from afar, you would see just four typical girls having fun, but for Krystal, she sees more than that.

She sees a family. Her only family.

As a kid, Krystal never knew who her parents were, an orphan per se. Sa isang orphanage sa Busan sya natagpuan at dun na din sya lumaki. When she becam an adult, she tried to find her real family, pero in the end, she never did and just decided to give up. She met Sunyoung outside of the orphanage when she was still a kid and met Jinri in highschool. Since then, sanggang dikit na silang tatlo... Along with—

"Sandali nga!" Her thoughts were cut short when Sunyoung spoke. Never did she thought na magiging ganun sya ka-grateful sa pagputol ni Sunyoung sa mga iniisip nya. 

Co'z she really doesn't want to dive into her memories any deeper.

"Mas masaya sana kung merong beer na kasama tong kwentuhan natin diba!" Sunyoung continued.

Jinri laughed at the former's suggestion but eventually nodded in agreement. "Tama tama! What's a celebration without drinks?"

Hearing this, Seulgi stood up and raised her hand. "Drinks are on me!" She volunteered, full of smiles.

"Okay nice!" Sunyoung enthusiastically chimes in at tumayo din gaya ni Seulgi. "At dahil dyan, sasamahan na kita bumili Seul!"

The two were gone in a flash at si Jinri at Krystal na lang yung natira sa table nila.

"Seulgi is somehow kind of like her, don't you think?" Biglang tanong ni Jinri nang makaalis sina Seulgi at Sunyoung.

"Her? Sinong tinutukoy mo Jinri-ah?"

"Yiyun."

The sudden mention of the name she tried to forget for almost 3 years rendered Krystal blank and speechless. That name that already left her yet still haunts her. 

"Pareho sila ni Seulgi in some ways. Both are too kind and sometimes way too innocent for their own good y'know? But I like the bear more. She's loyal."

To say that what her friend said didn't affect her one bit was a farce, lalo na at the mention of the said girl, Yiyun's, loyalty towards them, but for some reason, was kept shut, making Jinri continue.

"She left us hanging... She left you."

Krystal couldn't speak after that, lowering her head and biting her lips. The statements that her friend made just made her heart wrench, co'z kahit anong tanggi nya, it's true. She left her.

And having to remember that certain memory just felt... Too painful.

Napansin naman agad ni Jinri yung biglang pag-iiba ng mood ni Krystal. She knows that since Yiyun left, her friend was never the same, and for her, it was all Yiyun's fault.

After all, she was Krystal's girlfriend.

Her family

Her everything.

And seeing kung gaano parin ka-apektado yung kaibigan nya at the simple mention of the girl's name makes Jinri's blood boil, her contempt for the said girl hitting her again.

"Di ka pa din ba okay when it comes to her?" Jinri dared to ask, yet all she got was was still an unresponsive Krystal. Jinri lets out a heavy sigh because of this and proceeds to hug her friend to comfort her. "Forget her. We're still here with you aren't we? Pati si Seulgi. We're your family."

To this, Krystal gave out a small yet very genuine smile, when suddenly, someone hollers from afar, making both of them break away from their hug.

"Guys!" 

Hearing that high toned voice, alam na nila na si Luna yun. Both of them laughed nung nalaman nilang tama nga sila as they saw a waving Luna and a Seulgi raising the drinks they brought sa di kalayuan, making the somewhat bitter atmosphere that dawned upon them earlier slightly vanish.

Well at least for Jinri that is, co'z for the remainder of the night, Krystal became more quiet than usual, at di yun nakalagpas sa mga mata ni Seulgi.

As soon as they got back to their apartment, bago pa man makapasok si Krystal sa kwarto nya, Seulgi held the latter's hand and pulled her back to face her. 

"Bakit Seul?" Krystal asked trying her best to give her friend a smile. 

The bear may be a klutz at times, pero surely enough, she knows a pair of sad eyes when she sees one. 

"I'm sure I should be the one asking." Seulgi softly states. "But don't worry, I won't pry. Just know that if you want to talk about it, I'm here, okay?"

With those words, Seulgi pulls her much closer and envelopes her in one of the warmest hugs that she has felt in years. The last one being Yiyun's.

Again because of the sudden memory, unti-unting napaluha si Krystal, but she tried her best not to let those tears fall. The latter hugged Seulgi back instead as she let herself succumb to the comfort that the girl offered.

"Thanks bear. I appreciate it."

Napangiti naman si Seulgi dahil dito. Breaking away from the hug, the latter looks sincerely at her friend. "If you need anything, I'll be in my room." She states with her heartwarming smile not fading. Krystal just nods at this at pumunta na sa kwarto nya, not wanting to be a burden to Seulgi...

---

Krystal debates with herself whether she should knock on the bear's door or not. Ayaw nya naman na talaga sanang istorbohin si Seulgi pero she really just can't sleep, so in the end, she decided on knocking. 

Di na nagulat si Seulgi nang makita nya si Krystal sa harap ng kwarto nya, clutching onto a pillow as the girl offered an embarrassed smile.

"I... I can't sleep. I really didn't want to bother you—"

"Hey, okay lang Soojungie." Seulgi cuts her off, sending a caring gaze to her same aged friend as she tugs the latter to her bed. "Halika, let's just sleep together. It's much cozy too."

Di napigilang mapangiti ni Krystal at her friend's consideration. What a very nice and caring bear she has by her side.

Hindi ito yung unang beses na nakitulog sya sa kwarto ng kaibigan, but it's been a while since she did, pero kahit na ganun, it wasn't awkward nor uncomfortable.

If she has to be completely honest, she'd say that she's more than comfortable cuddling with the bear-like person next to her right now. For her, this beats taking her pills to be able to sleep, something she's been accustomed to consuming after Yiyun left. 

And there it is again... The memory of her... Yiyun.

"Sleep." Suddenly, Seulgi's drowsy voice was heard and Krystal feels the other girl's hold on her tighten. "Wag ka na masyado mag-isip. Just sleep."
With Seulgi's arms around her, giving off that tender feeling, she easily drifts to sleep, temporarily forgetting the memory of the girl she used to love...

Liu Yiyun.

---------------------------
Took a while for me to finish this, pero ito na syaaaa! ^^~

I think this is much shorter than the previous one. I'm not that sure though but I want to know if you guys want longer updates or is this just right?

Lots of love sa mga nagsubscribe, nagcocomments, at naguupvotes! Love you guys! <3

I hope medyo may mga naliwanagan sa chapter na to? More revelations to come pa po~!

Author out!
Peace!