Prologue

Love Run

In the middle of a crowded and busy street, there stood Amber, frozen and not even budging. Wala syang pakialam kahit na nababangga na sya ng mga taong dumadaan. She stayed rooted  at her spot, her head down and her mind blank. The pouring rain that is soaking her also ignored. Surprisingly, people doesn't seem to notice her, na para bang walang nakakakilala sa kanya, or maybe they just don't dare say that they know her. No one even spared the girl, standing in the middle of the rain, a glance. Not that she ever cared about something like that. She didn't care, nor will she start to. It's all over anyways. A scoff came out of her just by thinking about it, but just then, something caught her attention. A bright red umbrella walking amidst all the usual black ones. 

ADD again. She thought.

Pero siguro nga talaga kapag you're in the lowest point in your life, even the simplest things can make you feel elated, like the umbrella for instance. Just because it's her favorite color, it made a small smile escape her lips. Besides, who even uses bright colored umbrella these days?

The simple idea made her think how silly she was, smiling at a red umbrella. But never did she imagine who was holding it. 

As the crowd passed by, she caught a glimpse of her, that lovely girl holding the umbrella. A loving smile instantly shot up the face of the said girl as she also noticed and found Amber looking at her.

The only person who spared her a look and was able to recognize her despite her hoodie covering most of her face. That beautiful girl who always caught her eyes... And also that one thing that's now beating faster inside her chest.

She isn't the type to run, specially around a busy crowd, and on a weather like this, but the girl did. She ran towards Amber as if the latter would disappear if she didn't get to her in time, and when reached her, pinayungan nya si Amber. 

"Di ka dapat nagpapaulan, alam mo ba yun? Paano na lang kung magkasakit ka?"

Even with the girl's sweet and caring words, and her warm aura, tinignan lang sya ni Amber.

Sakit? Okay lang...

"About what I said last time.." The girl continued. "I didn't mean that. You know I didn't, or maybe you don't. Pero nasabi ko lang yun co'z everything just overcame my judgement. It hasn't even been a week pero I realized that I'm wrong. I can't  give up, I won't give up on you."

Amber just listened to the girl's sincerity and heart that she poured out.

"Bakit?" Was the only thing she could word out.

The girl smiled again. "Because I love you. And I would continue to run and chase you until you love me back... Or maybe until mapagod ako. Pero di ko alam kung kelan mangyayari yun, malamang matagal pa." She even giggled at that.

She changed. Amber thought to herself. In a very nice way that is. 

Tears started to form on the older girl's eyes because of the immense love she just felt and received from the younger, but sadly she can't reciprocate this.

Not wanting to let the girl see the tears, she hugs her and mouths something unexpected.

"Thanks. For the patience, the tolerance, for everything. For continuously chasing me."

Her hold on the girl tightens, the same time her heart did.

"But I'm sorry Krystal. Hindi... Hindi pwede."