Lightning Storm

Spare Me A Dime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Junmyeon looks anxiously out the window, the rain bombarding down, and the lightning cracks across the sky. The thunder is horribly loud today. His cell phone buzzes vigorously in his pocket. It’s rung thirty times in the past fifteen minutes. The café is packed, people are at every table and waiting. The ringing stops and starts again. He manages to make eye contact with his boss manager Kris and motions to his phone. “You get 3 minutes.”

Junmyeon rushes to the back, pulls out his phone and answers Baekhyun’s call. “Hello?”

“Thank God you answered! Sehun locked himself in the bathroom and he won’t come out. He’s crying we think. What do I do?!” the now fifteen year old’s voice is shaking.

“Baek, calm down. This is what I want you to do okay. Have Kyungsoo put on a movie or something, I don’t care if you have to buy it on demand, and tell Sehun I’m on the phone okay?” he says firmly and slowly. If he’s learned anything in the past three years, it’s don’t speak quickly to frightened kids. Baekhyun follows the instructions on the other end of the line. The receiver is passed from one hand to another.

“H-he-hello?” the boy stutters on the other end. The voice is raw.

“Hey there, kiddo. How’re you doing?” Thunder cracks and Sehun yelps. “Hey, Sehunnie, it’s all good. Listen to me. It can’t hurt you alright? I promise.”

“B-but thunder means lightning,” the thirteen year old sobs.

“I know, bud. I know. And I promise you, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter