Chapter 10: Tipsy Texting

Crossroads

“..so you were the ones who stole the shikshin’s food.”

 

Hyomin and Sunny were seated on the far end of the table with their friends at a restaurant in Shinsadong. After the scuffle earlier on, Taeyeon and Qri had gone into leader mode, pulling the girls apart to declare that they should go get something to eat together to sort out their issues. 

 

“Well, technically it was Jiyeon who did the stealing but I was too slow to stop her,” said Hyomin, hanging her head with a sigh. “Unnie! I didn’t steal anything! This beanstalk was just too slow!” said Jiyeon, seated in between Hyomin and Eunjung. She turned to Sooyoung who was opposite her and stuck her tongue out at the angry girl. Sooyoung slammed her chopsticks on the table and yelled, “YAH! You jumped my queue and took my food, Stick Legs!” 

 

“That’s enough Sooyoung. She already explained that she only did it because Boram wasn’t feeling well,” said Taeyeon sternly from across the table. Sooyoung turned to their kid leader and sighed, backing down but not before giving one last evil glare to Jiyeon. She picked up her chopsticks and moved to take a piece of beef from the grill plate. She saw another pair of chopsticks move to block hers and watched as her previous target was swiped by Jiyeon who promptly stuffed it into , smirking evilly at Sooyoung. Taeyeon made a sound in and shook her head as Sooyoung made to attack Jiyeon who had moved to hide behind Eunjung.

 

“Dino, that wasn’t nice. Apologize,” said Eunjung to the girl who was busy making faces at Sooyoung who had sat back down. Jiyeon pouted and was about to protest further when she caught saw Qri’s expression. “Mianhe,” said Jiyeon softly. Sooyoung cupped a hand around her right ear and leaned forward smirking, “Mwo? Can’t really hear you from all the way here.” Jiyeon shot the tall girl an angry look, “MIANHE, you deaf beanstalk!” 

 

“Why yo-“

 

“That’s enough you two. Can we just have a nice dinner and act like grown women?” Taeyeon wore an exasperated expression as she shook her head. Soyeon chuckled, “Technically, Jiyeon isn’t exactly fully grown yet.” A small smile appeared on Taeyeon’s face as she turned to her old friend, “How are you getting along Soyeon? I haven’t seen you since elementary school.” Soyeon explained to her friend that she had moved away from their hometown since her father had received a promotion and was relocated to his company’s headquarters. She had not been able to tell childhood friend that she was leaving as Taeyeon was out of town visiting her relatives. By the time Taeyeon had gotten back, all she found of Soyeon was an empty house. 

 

“I’m glad we bumped into each other again, though. I’ve missed having someone sane to talk to amongst these chodings,” Taeyeon motioned to the rest of the girls who immediately whined their disagreement, leading Taeyeon to look at Soyeon with eyebrows raised. 

 

“Well, at least the plan worked, right?” piped a happy Yuri who took another mouthful of rice. 

 

“Plan? What plan?” 

 

All eyes turned to Yuri as she stopped chewing, realizing that she had said too much. Sooyoung and the other girls had not mentioned their plan of getting to Hyomin through Jiyeon. Earlier, IU had quietly asked the girls what was going on and Taeyeon had held a finger to her lips signalling her not to speak about it. She had agreed and pretended that the plan never existed when they had found out that Hyomin had been the one whom Sunny was looking for.

 

“Err.. The p-plan to.. have dinner together! Yeah, that plan,” said Yuri weakly. Sunny watched Sooyoung squirm uncomfortably in her seat and narrowed her eyes at Yuri. “That doesn’t make sense, there’s more to this plan. Spit it out Yul.” Yuri sighed, knowing that there was no way out of this and sheepishly proceeded to explain to the table how they had heard Sunny not being able to get Hyomin’s number due the shikshin duo interrupting her and the plan they had concocted with IU to make it up to Sunny. By the end of it, both Sunny and Hyomin had flushed cheeks while Sooyoung looked like she wanted to disappear in her seat.

 

Sunny turned to Hyomin and her friends and bowed her head, “Mianhe, I didn’t know they had planned this and created a fuss with Jiyeon earlier.” As Hyomin hid her face in her hands to trying to hide her blushing cheeks, Eunjung and the others waved off Sunny’s apology stating that they took no offence to it. “Besides, it seems to us that you have good friends who are willing to do anything for you, Sunny-ssi.” Soyeon said with a smile on her face as she looked at Taeyeon and the rest. “And any girl who likes Hyomin-unnie that much gets our instant approval!” said Jiyeon with a cheeky smile. “Yah pabo, you’re too young to know these sort of things. And you were the reason that were nearly thrown out by security backstage!” said Eunjung smacking their maknae lightly on the head. The group was in high spirits as they watch Jiyeon pout and run to whine into Boram’s lap, accusing Eunjung of abusing her.

 

Sunny glanced at Hyomin who still had her face buried in her hands. “H-hyomin, do you wanna go out and get some fresh air?” asked Sunny as she tried to peer through the blanket of hair that was covering the side of Hyomin’s face. Slowly lifting her face out of her hands, Sunny inwardly smiled as the blush was still evident on the brunette’s face. Without waiting for an answer, Sunny slipped her hand into Hyomin’s and interlaced their fingers before getting up to stand, gently tugging on the girl’s hand to follow suit. Sunny felt her face turn hot as the table wolf whistled and catcalled to the backs of the two girls as they made their way out of the restaurant holding hands.

 

Outside, a gentle breeze gently blew past them as they walked down Nonhyeon-ro street. It was already half past ten so the streets were fairly quiet and most of the stores had their shutters down. Hyomin squeezed the hand she was holding a little tighter as they turned a corner and a gust of chilly wind blew past them. “Are you cold?” Sunny turned to look at Hyomin. Her beautiful brunette shook her head but Sunny could see that the denim shorts she was wearing was not exactly helping the girl fight the cold. Stopping, Sunny let go of the girl’s hand, much to Hyomin’s silent dismay, and shrugged off the coat she was wearing. “It’s a little small around the shoulders, but it should help against the wind,” said Sunny, ignoring Hyomin’s protests. “But you’ll be cold then,” said Hyomin with a pout that stopped Sunny’s heart. “Aigoo, I’m stronger than I look so stop worrying. Besides, why didn’t you wear something longer?” Sunny gushed while looking at Hyomin’s legs and gulping at the sight of milky white thighs. Becoming a little self conscious when she saw the blonde girl gawked at her legs, Hyomin blushed and muttered something along the lines of not expecting to stay out this late for dinner.

 

Remembering what had happened earlier on, Sunny broke her borderline erted stare to look at Hyomin. Sunny sighed, “Sorry Hyomin-ah. I didn’t know what they were up to and I’m sorry if they’ve troubled you and your friends in any way.” Not liking the sad expression on her bunny, Hyomin touched Sunny’s chin and lifted her face to look at her eyes, “Aniyo. I think it was sweet that they did that for you.” 

 

“But-“

 

Hyomin’s eyes now showed extreme shyness as she stammered her next sentence, “B-besides, you’re not the only one guilty of hoping for a p-phone n-um-mber.” Sunny’s eyes grew wide at Hyomin’s confession. A smile quickly replaced her gaping mouth and she moved to intertwine their fingers once more. Both girls had silly smiles on their faces as they continued their walk in comfortable silence. That was until Taeyeon decided to interrupt them for the second time in a week to tell them that Tiffany was already drunk from too much soju and they needed to get her home. They headed back towards the restaurant and when they reached their group of friends, Taeyeon could be seen struggling to keep Tiffany from falling over while Hyoyeon was helping Taeyeon exchange numbers with Soyeon. Sunny scrunched her face as the drunkard decided Taeyeon’s sneakers were a good spot to puke on and Seohyun hurriedly helped hold her unnie’s hair up.

 

Sunny turned to Hyomin and smiled apologetically for the unpretty sight of her drunk friend. “G-get err num-berrr Ssu-nneh so dah-aat j-jou ca-nn c-all he-err f-for ss-ex-exy t-time,“ slurred a very drunk Tiffany before she turned to Taeyeon. “W-whe-nn a-are y-you go-nna t-ta-kee m-meh t-ooo b-eh-ed, h-uh?” as Yuri ran to cover with a handkerchief to save them from further embarrassment with the girls seeing Taeyeon’s face flushed with colour. They heard Qri yell from the taxi stand not far from them as she pointed to two cabs she had managed to hail down for Taeyeon and her friends. The girls gathered their things and Seohyun helped Taeyeon lift the drunkard into the backseat of one of the cabs. Hyomin and Sunny quickly exchanged numbers as Hyoyeon called out to their dorm mate to pick up the pace before waving goodbye to her student who had been jumping excitedly while yelling for her new friends to get home safely. Glancing at Hyomin once more before closing the cab door, the two exchanged longing smiles as Sunny pulled the door shut and the taxi pulled away from the curb taking Sunny further away from her dark haired angel.

 

 

—————

 

 

“I. AM. *burp* N-NOT. DRUNK-urgh.”

 

Tiffany was kicking up a big fuss as the girls opened the door to their dorm and pulled their drunk friend in. Seohyun quickly ran ahead to pull down the covers of Tiffany’s bed as an exhausted Taeyeon carried in Tiffany bridal style. Gently placing what felt like dead weight on her pink bed, Taeyeon pulled the covers over the drunk girl and asked Seohyun to bring her a bucket of warm water and towel to clean up their friend. The maknae nodded and left the room, heading to the kitchen to get her unnie’s request. She came back a moment later with the things and Taeyeon told her to go get some rest since it was already past midnight. 

 

As Seohyun closed the door behind her, Taeyeon carefully brushed Tiffany’s bangs aside and started to wipe her friend’s face with gentleness. Noticing the vomit stains on Tiffany’s shirt, Taeyeon slowly ed it, blushing as she did so. Taeyeon tried her best not to look but gasped when she saw a lacy bra encompassing her friend’s ample bosom. As she slipped Tiffany’s arms out of the sleeves, she accidentally grabbed one of the drunk girl’s mounds to stop her from falling back too hard on the bed. “S-soft,” muttered Taeyeon and her face suddenly felt like she was wearing too many layers of clothing.

 

Unbeknownst to Taeyeon, Tiffany had already stirred from her slumber and saw Taeyeon’s outline in the dark. She glanced down to where Taeyeon was staring and saw the small hand on her chest. 

 

“T-tae?”

 

Taeyeon eyes flickered up at light speed and fear gripped her as she realized that Tiffany was conscious. Letting go of her, Taeyeon squeaked, “Mianhe!” and ran out of the dark room. Tiffany sat confused for a moment before sighing, secretly wishing that the short girl hadn’t left.

 

 

—————

 

 

Sunny lay on her bed in the adjacent room, staring at the moon in the sky. “Such a beautiful full moon,” she silently mused. 

 

Beep.

 

Sunny picked up the phone laying next to the pillow with a goofy grin plastered on her face when she saw the text she received.

 

 

From: Hyominnie

-    Hi.

 

To: Hyominnie

-    Hey there Minnie.

 

From: Hyominnie

-    The moon is pretty.

 

 

Sunny smiled at the thought that Hyomin had probably typed out that message with the most flustered expression on her face and was probably burying her face in a pillow for being so lame, which was exactly what she was doing. 

 

 

To: Hyominnie

-    Yeah, though not as pretty as you. I miss you.

 

 

Remembering she had not washed up yet, Sunny placed her phone back on her dresser and headed into the bathroom. When she came back out about ten minutes later, she frowned when she saw no notifications. “Maybe she fell asleep,” Sunny thought as she changed into her pyjamas. As she lay on her bed, she heard a beep from her phone and excitedly grabbed it like a love-stricken high schooler.

 

 

From: Hyominnie

-    Sorry, my mum phoned before I could reply. I miss you too. I wish was next to you.

 

To: Hyominnie

-    Aww. It’s ok. See the moon out there? As long as you can see the moon, just remember we’re under the same sky and I’m missing you just as much as you miss me.

 

 

 

—————

 

 

From a studio elsewhere, Hyomin emitted a squeal of happiness as she read Sunny’s message. She blushed to herself burying her face into the bunny plush as she read the message over and over again to make sure she was not dreaming. Before she could type a response, her phone beeped again.

 

 

From: Sunny Bunny

-    Since you’re missing me so much, how about going out with me tomorrow to watch a movie or something?

 

 

“She’s asking me out on a date?” Hyomin’s heart raced a million miles a minute as she replied Sunny.

 

 

To: Sunny Bunny

-    Sure. Shall I come pick you up at one? 

 

From: Sunny Bunny

-    Okay beautiful. It’s a date then!

 

To: Sunny Bunny

-    I’ll see you tomorrow then. Goodnight Sunny Bunny.

 

From: Sunny Bunny

-    Bunny? Hahaha, that’s a weird name, but it’s cute. Goodnight Minnie.  

 

 

Hyomin rolled from side to side on her bed, smiling so hard that her cheeks started to ache. The clock on the wall told her that it was already half past one. Plugging her phone into it’s charger, Hyomin curled into her sheets trying to get some sleep as her mind went wild thinking of what she would wear for her date tomorrow. Slowly, sleep claimed her and she drifted off to dreamland where her bunny was waiting for her.

 

 

 

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Author’s Note:

This chapter is dedicated to the Sunbyung and Taeny shippers.

I'm sorry this update came a little slow, I've been feeling ill for the past few days.

Nevertheless, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. :)