Chapter 3

I'm Swearing off Men!

 

 

 

 

Let me tell you something. I have the worst luck with men. Worst. It’s like I’m jinxed or something. Whether it’s a long-term relationship or partly ones, it always ends badly.

 

The last guy I dated was for two and a half years. It was an on and off fling and every times we broke up for period of time, he would always had another woman hanging off of him. I should have caught that red flag right? But I was too blinded to notice, after we broke up over the stupidest reason-he thought I was cheating on him with a co-worker – that happened to be a very good friend of mine. Blah blah blah. I found out he was cheating on me all along with his girl best friend.

 

So I’ve decided to swear off men for the time being, but if you know me, I can’t actually swear them off. However, I can try and keep my eyes on my works and not on the very attractive man in front of me.

 

“Psst. Dara. Why are you drooling over our new boss?”

 

I snapped my head toward Ilwoo, completely out of my thoughts. “W-what are you talking about? I’m not-don’t be ridiculous.” I lied, waving him off.

 

Just when I thought I can find peace at my work place-away from the arrogant jerk at home. I found out he was our new CEO.

 

Just my luck.

 

I should’ve known the name Kwon Jiyong sound familiar. I mean-who in the world doesn’t know him? Apparently I didn’t - until now. He happened to be THE Kwon. What I’ve heard from my loud mouth-nosy co-workers was, he has money-around billions. Obviously he is very successful. He is a tycoon. He had appeared in every single well-known magazine there is. Basically speaking, he is what women want but cannot have. Weird as it may sound-no one know much about his personal life.

 

Ha…that made me feel even luckier I can’t believe I’m living under the same roof with a Kwon. What’s even more shocking was... ...I can’t believe a Kwon saw me half !

 

Kill me now.

 

His eyes scanned to every person in the room, I quickly ducked my head. I wasn’t ready to face him yet. And who know what he might say when he see me? He might link out my embarrassment - how I successfully make a fool out of myself. Or he might even ask me that question again (that shall not be say out so casually). AIGOO! 

 

It had been two days since it happened, but I managed to avoid him the entire day yesterday. I’d left for my work before he was up and hurried home before anyone else.

 

Ilwoo smirked, “don’t lie. I saw how you and every other girls in here were eyeing him.”

 

My face reddens, busted! “Shut up before he look this way,” I hissed at him.

 

Ilwoo chuckled, obviously enjoying himself. I heard the footsteps walking farther away from us, and a relief sighs escaped from me. I didn’t realize I was holding my breath the entire time, until Jiyong and some men in business suit were gone.

 

“Don’t worry Park. He is not going to manage this company; his main office is at the other company. He just came for a visit,” Ilwoo patted my back.

 

I widen my eyes, “Really?” Excitement filled inside of me.

 

Yess!

 

Ilwoo looked taken aback from my reaction; apparently he was expecting me to cry from sadness like the other females workers here. But I was beyond from being sad!

 

I picked up my pen while humming a happy tune. From the corner of my eyes, I saw Ilwoo shook his head.

 

“What?” I asked him.

 

“Nothing,” he mumbled as he turned his attention back to the screen.

 

       

                                                                                           * * * * *

 

 

Dara cautiously poked her head in.

 

No one home.

 

With a smile on her face, she marched in, but only to be stopped on her track when a familiar figure emerged from the kitchen.

 

“Jiyong,” Dara blinked to make sure it wasn’t her imagination.

 

“You’re home.”

 

Dara gulped as he took several steps toward her and before she know it, he was standing right in front of her.

 

“You’ve been avoiding me.”

 

Dara muscle tensed up as he leaned in close enough for her to feel his breath twinkling near her ear.

 

“N-no I haven’t,” Dara stuttered, right after cursing herself for acting like a kid that had just been caught from stealing candies.

 

Why was she even lying? Of course she was avoiding him! She has every right to do so - first off he saw her half- then he asked her if she was a . Anyone in his or her rights mind would do the same thing she did. 

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Then why were you hiding from me?”

 

Dara was momentarily confused, until she realized he was talking about this morning-in her work place-where she thought she had successfully hid herself from him.

 

Jiyong leaned back, smirking.

 

I’ve caught you, Sandara Park.

 

“What do you want Kwon,” she snapped back, then swallowed hard and averted her gaze.

 

It was stupid of her to be talking back to her boss/the owner of the place she is staying at, but she couldn’t hold back her irritation. If he wants to mess with her, fine, but she hated how he was making her nervous.

 

“I wanted to talk,” he felt there was no reason to lie anyway.

 

“And what make you think I’d want to talk to you?” She challenged him, forgetting he has the upper hand in this.

 

For the first time Dara saw the unexpected-Jiyong actually cracked a smile. He found himself to be more and more interested in Dara-she was a challenge to him. And the great Jiyong never backs down from a challenge.

 

“I want to call a truce.”

 

Dara raised an eyebrow.

 

Is he serious?

 

As if he heard what she was thinking, he said, “I’m serious. Both of us got on the wrong foot and I apologized for being rude.”

 

Dara didn’t bother to close her wide-open mouth. Did she hear correctly? A Kwon is apologizing to her?

 

Gahh the world have gone mad!

 

“Hey are you even listening?” Jiyong asked.

 

Here he was wasting his precious time apologizing-mind you the Kwon never apologize to anyone! Yet, the great Jiyong was lowering himself to a mere woman and instead of blushing and telling him that she was the wrong one here. She was goggling at him with a wide drooling mouth.

 

Disgusting.

 

Dara snapped out of her trace, “Are you lying?”

 

Jiyong sighed impatiently, “Did you hear what I just said? I want a truce.”

 

“Yeah yeah I know you want a truce,” Dara waved her hand, “but this is hard to believe.” She whispered out the last part.

 

“Just be grateful I said it ‘cuz I’ll never say it again,” he crossed his arms over his chest.

 

Jerk.

 

Dara smirked, holding out her hand, “Fine truce.”

 

Jiyong eyed her hand then at her before taking hold of her hand, “Good.”

 

Stupid girl.

 

Truce my foot!

 

Both of them were still shaking each other hands while forcibly grinning at each other. Both sides knew the real reason behind their so-called ‘truce’.

 

Letting go of each other hands, they diverted their attention on something else.

 

Without knowing the both of them thought of the same thing.

 

This will get Bom off of my case.

 

 

                                                                                           * * * * *

 

 

5 Top Reasons Why I Can’t Never Become Friends With Jiyong,

 

1. He is too arrogant --> same as my ex--maybe even a bit a lot more.

 

2. He called me a flat chest --> he didn’t said it but he applied it. “How am I a ert? You have nothing to offer anyway.”

 

3. He is player --> Bom said he used to be, but I doubt he change into a better person.

 

4. He is liar --> Acting cool and calm on our first meeting and exploded into a devil when I called him a ert.

 

5. I hate the smirk on his face --> others may find it attractive, but gahh!! I can’t stand a second looking at it. All I want to do is slap that smirk off his face (evil mind working.)

 

If I become friends with Jiyong, my plan on swearing off men will drain down the toilet. I can’t allow that to happen, so it was better and safer to be on his bad side.

 

“I heard you and Jiyong are friends now?” Bom elbowed me with a big smile.

 

“H-how did you know?” I uncomfortably moved to the other side of the bar, away from Bom.

 

I couldn't let her see my guilty face. One thing I learned to hate the most is lying to Bom – she was such a good friend to me. But this was for my own safety. She will forgive me later on.

 

“Jiyong.”

 

I should’ve known that loudmouth would tell her.

 

“How did it happen? You two were avoiding each other for days,” Bom looked over at me.

 

It was more like I was avoiding him.

 

I gave her a small smile, “Yesterday. We thought it was both very childish of us…hehehe ”

 

“I’m happy you two worked it out,” she gave me a tight hug. Choking the life out of me.

 

“Yeah me too,” I choked out.

 

“Trust me Dara, after this you will find out how sweet and a nice guy he actually is.”

 

“I bet he is,” I muttered darkly.

 

 

                                                                                               * * * * *

 

 

Dara rested her head on her palms as she stared blankly at the people grinding on the dance floor.

 

When was the last time she actually set foot on the dance floor? Like NEVER. She sighed out miserably. How she wishes she were 18 again.

 

I’m so miserable! crying

 

“Dara, can you grab me a cup,” Bom called out to the daze girl.

 

Dara stood up zombie-like and walked over to the shelf, picked a random cup, then handed it to Bom.

 

The other girl gave her a thankful smile before turning her attention back to the male customers.

 

It was a busy night for them at the club, normally it would be the both of them serving the drinks, but she was too depressed to do anything.

 

Dara took a part time job at the bar like Bom; at first she enjoyed serving people drinks and watching them dance. That was when her boyfriend-ex boyfriend would always accompanied her, but after their breakup. She felt as if the air has been knocked out of her.

 

She couldn’t help but to wonder exactly how many guys in here were cheating on their girlfriends. Or if any of their girlfriends actually know they were here flirting with other women.

 

She felt pity for those women.

 

Her thoughts were cut short when a man abruptly sat on the stool right in front of her.

 

Before she could react, he moved forward close enough to her ear and whispered huskily, “Mind doing me a favor.”

 

The voice sends shivers down to her spine, making her head dizzy. Causing her to not notice that he was already nearing close to her lip.

 

Dara’s breath was caught somewhere between - the strong smells of cigarette and alcohol seemed to woken her from her daze. But before she had the chance to said yes.

 

His lip hovered over her and their breath mingled, “I’ll take that as a no.”

 

And with that being said, he crushed his lip on hers. 

 

 

 

___________________

 

Another update! Sorry for the grammars guys...I'm just too tired! lol

My dear subscribers please don't be lazy to leave comments! (it make me sad...) SOoooo leave a comment

and tell me what you think of this chapter, neh?

It will help me write the next chapter better :) hmm who do you think kiss dara?? HMMMMM...keke

And please subscribe, thank you! =D

-JuicyC_star

p.s. HAPPY NEW YEAR! (it's Vietnamese New Year today hehehe) <3