Elm and Chanyeol

A Love Measured with Fairy Dust

 

A child's pov:

 

Fast, faster, I have to be faster!

My legs were moving as quick as they could, my arms moving along in the air as I ran away.

"Stop right there!" a loud voice made the hairs on my skin stand, a shudder going down my spine.

Turning my head, I could catch a glimpse of a furious man running after me, making me want to run even more and faster than before.

Looking back in the front, I quickly dodged a cart before taking a sharp left turn, doing my bsst to avoid getting caught.

I didn't know much I had run, but I could feel myself getting tired, extremely tired!

It's only when I took a few more turns and disappeared into a sea of people before taking another turn to get into a quiet street, did I slow down, taking deep breaths to get some air.

My left hand was resting on a wall, letting my body lean against it ebfore I dropped myself down on the dusty ground.

The sand and the dirt didn't scare me, after all I have been living like this for my whole life already.

Looking left and right and making sure the man wasn't near me, I took out the buns that were hidden inside my clothes.

A little bit pressed together and dirty, they didn't look edible anymore.

How long has it been since I've eaten something?

"I can stop eating grass for a day." I muttered to myself, taking a big bite from the plain bun, letting the soft dough touch my tongue.

It was sweet yet salty at the same time, soft and filling to the stomach.

"Here you are." a angered voice huffed, my eyes widening.

Just as I wanted to run away, the man grabbed the back of my collar, pulling me back to him, my but fallnig on the ground painfully.

"Just where do you think you're going?!" he roared furious, grabbing my clothes so that he could pull me closer to him, our faces close to each other.

I could see fire burning in his eyes, making a shiver go down my spine.

Run away, I sould run away as fast as possible!

"This isn't the first time you have stolen something from me! I'll make sure you won't be able to steal my food anymore!" the man growled, hitting me in the face, a sharp pain making tears roll down my red cheeks.

Another hit on my head made the world go upside down, my small body falling on the dirty ground.

"What is it that you are doing to a child?" a sudden voice asked, just as when I got kicked in my stomach.

It hurts...

"Not your business." the man growled, my eyes opening, only to see two pairs of feet.

The brown colored boots are from the abusive man...who is the one with the white boots?

"How can a grown up man hit a poor child like this?" that foreign voice asked again.

"She stole my food, I can do with her what I want, she is just a trash beggar!"

So what if I'm a beggar...? At least I can survive like that, isn't it? Is wanting to live and eat bad...?

"Here's money for the food she stole, it is enough for you to live quite well for at least two months." the person wearing the white boot and light blue robe said.

"You're lucky kid. Never let me see you again!" he growled, spitting on the ground next to me before storming off with the money.

I closed one eye, pained by the hits I got.

Hitting me full force... Doesn't he know that a grown up man has great strength?! To hit a small girl like me...

"Stand up."

I bit my lips, trying to push myself up, my entire body feeling sore and bruised.

As I lifted my head, I finally saw the owner of the white boots.

Long black hair, a slender face, pink lips and shining brown orbs.

With the sun shining on him, it made him look unreal.

"Let's go." he said, his voice deep.

"W-where?" I asked, stammering not only because I was confused but also because my entire body hurt.

The mysterious man turned his face towards me, tilting it slightly to the side.

"You want to keep living on the streets, young one?"

Young one...?

"No." I answered honestly, narrowing my eyes, eyebrows frowning. "But why should I follow you?"

The man, who was at least ten years older than men, looked at me with no expression, his eyes hard to read, his expression unchanging.

"I shall give you a roof, food and clothes to wear."

He's...going to raise me?

"Okay." I nodded, having taken the decision to follow him.

He'll give me a place to sleep, food to eat, clothes to wear... I don't want to live like I've been doing... I want to live in peace as well.

How bad can it be if things turn out differently than I thought?

The most, I'll be killed.

"How is your name, young one?"

"Name? I don't have a name." I answered, trying to follow him and his quick yet elegant steps.

I wonder if he's a noble man, he looks rich.

"You don't have a name, young one?"

I shook my head a few times, my hair getting only more messy.

"There was not really someone to call my name, my parents didn't give me one before they left either." I said, not really caring that I didn't had a name.

After all... I was someone who could eat dirt to just survive.

The cold expression changed, though it was subtle and hard to guess what kind of expression and what his thoughts were.

He kept on walking and I kept on following him, slightly behind him.

I looked at his back, a beautiful white robe, embroided with light blue patterns.

He's so tall.

"Then I shall give you a name, young one." he suddenly spoke again.

Give me a name?

"Elm, I hope this name will give you strength." he said, humming softly.

Elm...? My name is Elm?

Trees started to surround us, the hills sometimes making it hard for me to climb, but that person would always help me.

Does this person live in the mountains?

It was a long journey and he didn't speak much so I just followed him quietly.

What if he kills me in the forests? 

"We have arrived." his deep voice pulled me out of reality, my eyes looking at him before travelling to a big house.

It looks normal.

"You can live here from now on. Don't walk out of the forests and the mountains, you will lose your way. Do it when you have become more familiar with it, Elm."

Elm... My name really is Elm!

"Thank you for naming me." I said, earning a nod. "What is your name?"

"Chanyeol. But you can call me Yeol." he said, entering the front gate of the house, walking inside an inner garden, a few potted flowers decorating the place. "Your room is on the left, go and rest." he said ebfore disappearing in a room on the right side, leaving me all alone again.

Should I really just live here? 

He doesn't speak much, should I really just trust this man?

 

 


 

Author's note:

Thank you for reading this chapter! Hope you enjoyed it ^^

Subscribe and comment! :D 

I am waiting for graphics for this story, so please bare with a simple Chanyeol's pic till the psoter is done! ^^