The ouija board

Before the Dawn

| | B E F O R E   T H E   D A W N | |

Chapter one – The Ouija board

 

The principal office, 21.30.

“What? You will lock us here? Don’t kidding me!” Soyeon asked with disbelieved tone as Sunggyu said that he will be a guard for the principle and lock them inside the office until they finished cleaning.

“of course, so don’t try to run, I’ll wait outside,” Sunggyu said, and with that, he quickly ran outside. Woohyun tried to block him to close the door with his leg, but Sunggyu kicked him back and locked the door, left Woohyun fell onto the floor with his first.

“Yah! Sunggyu! How could you do this to your best friend?!” Woohyun yelled to the door.

“My scholarship is more important than you!” Sunggyu answered from the other side of the door. He was threatened by the principal to guard the ‘punished’, with his scholarship on the stake.

“damn, just see what will I do when I got out!” he kicked the door, annoyed by just having to go to the school at night, and he can’t run away like he was planning before.

“betrayed, huh?” Hongki chuckled, adding fuel to the fire.

“Shut up! It’s your fault that we all got here!” Woohyun yelled at him, then lied down onto the floor, doesn’t have any intention to start cleaning.He never even clean his own bedroom, and now, he has to do it for someone, no way he want to.

It’s true that it was Hongki’s fault that they’re got here. Hongki was the real troublemaker. He provoked the class to make a teacher resign, and in the end, the teacher didn’t resign. But the principal read his plan, he called 5 of them here, the ones who caused most trouble to the teacher.

Hongki – The provocateur. Woohyun – the leader of the rebel gang, the blacklisted student by the teacher. Byunghee – The leader of the class who fail to control his class. Soyeon – the student who always arguing with the teacher. And Jieun, who always sleep on the class.

“Let’s start cleaning, I want to go home,” Jieun whined. She has started cleaning the window since Sunggyu left, but no one help her. Soyeon and Byunghee got up to clean another area, but Hongki and Woohyun still carelessly lazying around.

Seeing that, Byunghee sighed and approached them, then pulled them up with force. “You, clean the desk,” he  pushed Hongki to the principal’s desk, “and you, the cupboard,” he threw Woohyun to the cupboard direction. Woohyun can’t get his balance in an instant, he ended up bump onto the cupboard and he hasn’t even reacted when a board fell down from the cupboard and hit his head.

“ooow, what the hell is this?!” He whined and rubbed the back of his head. The others were pitying him, but they can’t help to laugh. Especially for Hongki who’s really enjoying the misfortune of his friends. “Just laugh and I will laugh at you next,” Woohyun grabbed the board and ran to Hongki with a high speed.

Just before the board hit Hongki’s head, Soyeon caught an interesting glance on the board and stopped him. “what is that?” she pointed at the back of the board. Woohyun his movement and brought the board back, he flipped the back and observed the surface.

“huh? What’s there?” Byunghee also join them to observe the board. Some letters and numbers engraved on it, Byunghee knew it. “is this Ouija? a thing to call spirit, right? So the principal had something like this,”  he grinned mockingly.

“sounds interesting, should we prove the myth? Let’s use this!” Soyeon said excitedly. She laid her fingers on the engravement, it’s the first time she see something like this on the real world.

Woohyun nodded and put the board onto the desk,”okay, let’s try it then…Jieun, you wanna join? Let’s leave hongki out,” he said while turned to Jieun. Jieun who was still cleaning, got curious and join them.

“Hongki should do it, I’ll just watch,” Jieun said.

So it’s settled. They put the pointer on top of the board and touch it  with their index fingers. They just looking at each other after that, not knowing what to do.

After a moment of awkwardness, Hongki pulled his hand back, “somehow, I feel stupid to do this,” he said.

The light turned off all of a sudden. There’s no light come from the window, all pitch black. They can’t see anything even for their own palms.

“black out?” Soyeon whispered.

“seems like it,” Jieun said. She tried to find her phone to give a light, but she might have left it somewhere on the room.

“Sunggyu yah! It’s black out!” Woohyun yelled to the door.

No response from Sunggyu, and no one talk or even move after that. Each eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness.

“hyaa!” Jieun shrieked and jumped to somewhere as the telephone next to her made a sudden sound. The telephone make a sound like pressing some numbers and dialing it, then followed by a long monotone tune.

Then the light goes on, all of them released the breath that they unconsciously held since Jieun shrieked.

“fuh..a beggar school, give me a shock,” Hongki put his palm on his chest, feeling his heart thumping like crazy.

“Let’s continue the cleaning, I’m not feel comfortable here,” Byunghee started to move to the place he left before.

“Guys, don’t you feel something?” Soyeon said while rubbing the back of his neck, stopped the other’s step to start cleaning again, all eyes on her. Everyone stared at her with cautious eyes.

“What do you mean?” Jieun hugged herself, started  to feel fear crept into her mind. The cold air just make her shuddering even more. Soyeon just stay quiet there, staring blankly at them.

“What the hell, Soyeon?!” Woohyun started to get impatient as Soyeon doesn’t say anything.

“nope, I’m just kidding,” She laughed and got up from her seat.

Hongki glared at her, he almost get his heart jump out from its place because of her serious acting, he thought that there’s really something horror happening here, or at least, they’re really called a spirit before. But she’s just kidding.

“It’s not funny, Soyeon,” Byunghee sniffed.


 

Hello all~ i'm glad that you got interested before i even start :)

now, this chapter is just a beginning. i'll use the random chara and picture for the banner, well, you see, the banner is not quite fit with the situation XD 

and with this short chapter...actually i feel it quite long in my word document, but it went shorter as i posted it here T__T

i will make the chapter two longer than this~ and this story is just happened in one night, sooo maybe it's not more than 10 chapters

anyway, please love :D thank you -Angel