Chapter One

Forbidden Love

"Miss. Yoo? Your father would like to see you in his office." The maid informed Youngjae after knocking on her door.

Glancing at the clock, Youngjae sighed and set her book down on her bed. Looking in the mirror, she check if she looked presentable and left the room after she was sure she looked okay.

What does the old man want? Asking to see me in the morning?

"Do you know why my father asked to see me? He normally doesn't ask to see me unless it's in the afternoon or at night." Youngjae asked as the maid walked her to her father's office.

"I don't know, miss. Sorry." The maid apologized and Youngjae waved her off.

"It's fine. How long have you worked here?"

"I've been working here for almost a week, miss."

"Please, call me Youngjae. Drop the formalty when you're with me. What's your name?"

"My name is Sungji, mi- Youngjae."

Youngjae smiled and patted her back as they stopped in front of her father's office. "It's okay. Just learn to get use to it. By the way, have you seen my mother this morning, Sungji?"

"No, I haven't, Y-Youngjae." She shook her head and Youngjae nodded.

"Alright. Thanks, Sungji. You can leave now. I'm sure you got other things to do now, right?" Youngjae patted her shoulder and Sunji bowed to her before taking her leave.

Looking at the set of big, dark wooden door in front of her, Youngjae took a deep breath and knocked the door. Waiting for the 'come in' from the other side of the door, she worked on her fake smile she always had on her face when she's in front of her family. When the sound finally came, she opened the door and walked in.

"You wanted to see me, father?"

"Hello, dear. Sorry to wake you up so early in the morning."

Hearing the sound of her father's voice makes Youngjae want to throw up on the inside.

Conceal your feelings, Youngjae.

"No. It's okay, father. I was long awake when you called me."

"Oh right. This is Daehyun. He will be your new bodyguard from now on."

Being the only daughter of Yoo Enterprise, Youngjae is use to having a bodyguard since young. But now that she is 21, she doesn't find the need of having a bodyguard anymore. It's pretty annoying having a person following you everywhere. When you're out with friends, shopping, having an afternoon tea, anything, if you're there, there's a great possibility that you'll see Youngjae's bodyguard with her.

For the first time since she walked in the office, she took notice of a well-dressed man, around her age, sitting in the seat in front of her father's desk. He had a sharp jawline and a clean haircut. The sides shaved and the top styled up a little with gel. His black suits fits his figure and maybe a bit too well since you can see his muscles move whenever he shifts. Upon hearing his name, the man stood up and turned to face Younjgae.

"Hello, Miss. Yoo. My name is Jung Daehyun. Nice to meet you. Please take care of me." He smiled and held out a hand.

Youngjae smiled back politely and took his hand, shaking it and let go.

Let's see how long you can last until my step-mother hits on you, Mr. Jung Daehyun. Youngjae thought to herself, looking at the man that is now her new bodyguard.

"Father. I'll be taking my leave now. I have a date with my friends at 9." Youngjae said, turning around, heading towards the door.

"It's your mother's birthday today. I hope you didn't forget about the party tonight." Her father called out behind her.

"I have no connection with that lady what-so-ever. She may have married you but she is NOT my mother. Now then, have a great day father." Youngjae bowed and left the room, ignoring the numerous calls of her name from her father. It's not the first time Youngjae has said this type of stuff to her father but it is the first time she said it in front of a stranger.

It was not until she is outside her own bedroom door when she sighed. "How long do you plan on following me, Mr. Jung?"

"It's my job, Miss. Yoo. I'm a bodyguard. I'm suppose to be by your side 24/7 to protect you."

"Even when I'm in the bathroom?" Youngjae countered and Daehyun froze.

"Um. No. But I am suppose to watch over you until my duty is over."

"I thought you're a bodyguard. What if something goes wrong in the bathroom?"

"I'll make sure nothing like that will happen as long as you're under my watch." Daehyun explained as he leaned against the wall across from Youngjae's bedroom door.

Youngjae looked at him and sighed, mumbbling under her breath for Daehyun to go get the car ready as she closed the door of her bedroom.


As they drove to the mall, it was quiet among them and silence is the one thing Youngjae hates when she is alone with somebody. It kills her.

"So, where did you come from, Mr. Jung?" Youngjae asked, looking over to the guy driving next to her.

"Busan. And please, just call me Daehyun."

"Is it pretty there?" Youngjae asked and Daehyun smiled.

"Very. If you would like, we can visit Busan when you are free."

"I would love that. How old are you, Daehyun?"

"I'm going to be 22 next month, Miss. Yoo."

"Youngjae. Just call me Youngjae."

Daehyun nodded and they continued on driving in silence with little conversations here and there until they got to the mall. Of course, just Youngjae alone is enough to cause a scene but now with Daehyun, her new bodyguard, the crowd is even bigger. Sure, there are other bodyguards along with them but Daehyun is the one that is next to her, walking beside her. As much as Youngjae hates, she admits that her new bodyguard is quite hot. The honey, tan skin and his tall figure makes Youngjae's heart skip a beat. It's not that he's extremely hot, if you must know, in Youngjae's eyes, he's average. But something about him is very charming and attractive. A country boy that is working in the big city is something that Youngjae has never come across. All her bodyguards are from Seoul. All her friends are from the city. No one that she has incountered with is from places outside of the city.

While her mind is filled with her new bodyguard, Youngjae didn't realize her life was about to be in danger in the next 5 seconds until she was tackled down to the ground and screams are heard all around where Youngjae is. Looking up to look at the scene around her, an innocent man is falling down to the ground in slow motion and there were people running around. Daehyun, who is on top of Youngjae is talking into his earpiece to communicate with the other bodyguards. Looking at the man, Youngjae noticed blood flowing out from under the man's body.

"Miss. We need to get you back into the car for safety. Can you walk?" Daehyun asked and Youngjae nodded, getting up from the ground with the help of Daehyun.

Once she's in the car, Daehyun left her to join the others guys in calming the crowds and helping the man that was shot.

Youngjae couldn't get the image of the innocent poor man that was shot because of her. She knew that the assassin was aiming for her but ended up hitting the man instead. She has went through many events where she was hurt by people who are not happy with Youngjae's family, however this is the first time a gun has been involved.

"Miss. Yoo?"

"Yes, Jungmyung oppa?" The said man smiled at her through the rear-view mirror.

"We'll be taking you back to the mansion. If you need anything, do tell one of us and we'll retrieve it for you. It's too dangerous right now for you to be in public." Jungmyung informed her and started the car.

"Um. Jungmyung oppa? Do you happen to know where Daehyun is?" Youngjae couldn't stop herself from asking and the man behind the wheel laughed.

"Jae. He's just a new kid. Have you gotten attached to him already dispite the fact that you've only known him for what? Less than an hour?" He teased and Youngjae scoffed.

"Of course not. Just looking out for the new kid. Wouldn't want his future to be ruined after the first day of working for my dad now, right?" Youngjae said, looking out the window as they pull out the parking lot.

"Don't worry, Youngjae. He's with the other guys, calming the crowd and looking for the assassin that is responsible for this. We've already contacted your father about this. We'll find him, Jae."

"Like he's going to care. He's got a party to plan for tonight."

"Don't say that, Jae. He may not seem like a good father to you but he is still your father, whether you like it or not."

Youngjae sighed and nodded, knowing that the man is right. And she can't even deny what he had said is right. Being the captain of the many bodyguards her father had hired just for her, Younjgae knows that for a fact, Jungmyung is the most intelligent man out there. He's great at leading the guys and never failed at protecting Youngjae. Just the only problem is, he's one of the few bodyguards left that her step-mother hasn't laid her hands on yet. Her mother is ten years younger than her father and the two got married five years ago. She was suppose to be her father's secetery but the two of them somehow hooked up with each other and made that relationship work. Youngjae's birth mother left her with her father because she is far too weak to fight against him to take Youngjae away from him. The relationship between Youngjae and her father crashed like Titanic and sank to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. Her father is so blinded by power and money that he didn't even notice that he's failing as a father.

Once she was home, Youngjae was greeted by her ever so fake step-mother and her father.

"Oh my poor baby. Are you hurt anywhere?" Her mother asked, holding onto both of Youngjae's cheeks, tilting it in all direction to see if she is injured anywhere.

"No. I'm fine." But Youngjae knew what she really wanted to tell her base off of the looks in her mother's eyes.

Why aren't you the one that got shot? The family is so much better off without you anyway.

"I'll be up in my room if anyone needs me." With that, Youngjae bowed and left to the stairs, walking up the stairs.

At the top of the stairs, she was greeted by her step-brother, Choi Youngjae, who is the total opposite of his mother. Motioning her to not make any noises, he pulled her over to the railings of the stairs and pointed down to the first floor, directly above where Youngjae's father and the woman is.

"Honey, we should cancle the party tonight. It's just a birthday, anyway. I have it every year." Her mother said, placing her slinder fingers on her father's arms.

"What non-sense are you talking about, my love? Of course we'll still have the party. I'll just strenghten the security tonight for you and the kids so nothing harmful will come upon you guys." Her father replied and Youngjae felt anger rose up.

"Oh, honey. Are you sure?"

"Of course, my love."

Looking over to her step-brother, he gave her a sad smile and pulled her to his room. Sitting down onto his bed, Youngjae sighed.

"I heard about what happened at the mall today, Jae. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. I promise, oppa. Just, the man that got shot because of me... I feel guilty for his death."

Reaching over, Youngjae places his hand on top of hers and gave it a gentle squeeze. Looking up, Youngjae gave him a smile and squeezed him back.

"I'll never understand why you and your mother are so different personality wise. She's so... wicked and you're so kindhearted and loving."

"She's not always like that. She was just like me before my dad passed away and she met your father. I guess just like everyone out there in the world, she got changed because of the fame and money she's recieving." He sighed and pulled his hand back, falling back onto his back on his bed. "I'm guessing you're going to be at the party tonight?"

"Of course, dummy. Why? Are you not going?"

"I am. Just, I'll be bring in a couple of friends."

"Are they those people from the picture you showed me?"

"Yup." A look at Youngjae made him laugh. "Aren't you excited."

"Are you kidding me?! Oppa. They're like... Models! How are they doctors and not models?!"

"I'll introduce you to them tonight, Jae. Oh and, what are you going to do about your dress?"

"I got it already. I just went out because I wanted to get out of this house until the party." Youngjae said, standing up and stretched.

"Aren't you lucky. I can't leave the house unless it's work related." Youngjae sighed and walked to his desk.

"That's because you literally announced it to the whole world that you're 100% gay. Of course father and your mother would lock you in the house. You're the one that is going to take over the company. You should be happy they didn't make JB oppa quit his job and that they still let you go to work. At least they let you date whoever you want to date." Youngjae said, following him to his desk.

"I love him with all my heart, Jae. I really do." He said, picking up a picture frame. It was a picture of him and JB on their first date. JB has his arms wrapped tightly around Youngjae's waist and his chin resting on Youngjae's shoulder. Both of them has a big smile on their faces and it hurts Youngjae to see that he was the one that made JB like how he is now. "He hates me now."

"Oppa. It's not your fault. It's what the adults in this house do. They forced you to break up with him because they think more about their fame more than about how we feel."

"Don't end up like me, Jae. Don't let them find out if you ever like someone. Keep it to yourself."

~*~

It's now 7:30 at night and Youngjae is more than ready to leave the ball room.

"Himchan unnie~ Play with me~ Please?" Youngjae begged.

"Youngjae. I'm on duty. Go find someone else."

"But unnie!" Youngjae whined.

Himchan struggled with getting rid of Youngjae until her eyes landed on the man walking over towards the two of them.

"Daehyun. Take care of this child for me, please." Himchan said while pushing Youngjae away from her.

Wearing a 5 inch heel did not do Youngjae any good in this situation. Lossing her balance, Youngjae began to fall backwards and if it wasn't for Daehyun's lighting quick reflexs, she would have landed on her .

"Woah, there." Daehyun said, holding onto her bare shoulders to prevent her from falling.

"Thank you." Youngjae said, standing up straight.

"Why are you wearing heels that you can't walk in?" Daehyun asked, looking at her heels.

"I didn't choose to wear this. My step-mother made me because she said me wearing flats at her party is going to bring her shame." Youngjae replied, pointing at her so called mother through the crowd of people.

"Aren't you suppose to be with the other guests around your age?" Daehyun asked, looking at where she's pointing.

"Nah. I'm good. I'm leaving now." Youngjae said, getting tired of all the noises around her and the classic music.

"Where to?"

"My garden." Youngjae replied, already walking away from the ball room.

"You can't leave the room by yourself, Youngjae. It's dangerous for you to go alone." Daehyun called out.

"That's why you're coming with me. You'll protect me, right?" Youngjae asked, turning around to look at a surprised Daehyun.

It took him a second to process her word, but he nodded. "Of course."

As the two walked to Youngjae's secret garden, she stopped midaway to take off her shoes. "Here, allow me." Without waiting for a reply, Daehyun bend down and helped Youngjae take off her heels.

Looking at Daehyun, Youngjae blushed. No one has ever done this to her and she felt her heart starting to race. When Daeyun stood back up, he noticed Youngjae's face in the moonlight and chuckled.

"Did I, a mere bodyguard, made you, the great Yoo Youngjae, blush?" He and Youngjae's blush grew.

"Shut up!"

"Those men chasing after you would be so jealous if they see you right now."

"SHUT UP!" Youngjae yelled, stomping her way towards the bridge that leads them to her garden.

Daehyun laughed and followed her, Youngjae's heels in his hand. As they continued to the garden, Daehyun carried on making fun of her.

"Go away~" Youngjae whined, walking faster but no matter how fast she gets, Daehyun always seem to be hot on her tail.

"Come on, Youngjae. Don't be mad."

"Go away!" Youngjae shouted and started running. But of course, being the clumsy girl she is, she didn't look at where she was going. Forgetting that she's on a pair of stone staircase, she stepped on air and fell forward.

"Youngjae!"

Dropping her heels onto the ground, Daehyun ran after her. Grabbing onto her wrist, Daehyun pulled her back before she can fall but that force made him loose his balance, causing the two of them to fall backwards onto the ground with Youngjae on top of Daehyun.

"Are you okay, miss?"

Getting up from the position she's in, Youngjae opened her eyes, immediately regretting that choice. With her hands on each side of Daehyun's head, their faces are so close, Youngjae can smell Daehyun minty breath. Youngjae found herself staring into a pair of unique eyes. Looking more closely at Daehyun's face, Youngjae realized just how hot her bodyguard is.

Wait.. Hot? Oh hell no, Youngjae! Take that back!

"Are you okay, miss?" Daehyun asked again and Youngjae snapped out of her little world.

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine." Youngjae slapped herself on the inside for studdering and quickly got up from the position she's in with yet another blush on her face because of the guy under her. Standing off to the side, she smoothed out her short yellow cocktail dress, pretending like her bodyguard does not exsit.

Watching Youngjae, Daehyun smiled to himself, seeing how much of an effection he has on her.

"Daehyun. Are you with Miss. Yoo?" One of his colleague asked through his earpiece.

"Yes I am." He responded while getting up from the ground. Youngjae turned around to look at him and he pointed back at the where the party is.

"The young lady is needed. The Yoo family is about to go on stage in 5 minutes to greet their guest. Hurry back." His colleague said while Daehyun picked up Youngjae's shoes.

"Yes sir." Daehyun replied and handed Youngjae her shoes. "Guess you're needed, Youngjae."