Lee Jongsuk, The Bestfriend

Min Yoongi's Girlfriend

 

 

 

"Good work everyone! Enjoy the vacation!"

I made my rounds and bowed to everyone. We were all working hard to clean up. The shooting had gone smoothly and most of the movie was finished. Now they would go back over everything and decide if any scenes needed to be reshot. That meant, at least, a two day vacation. I bit my lip. Now, if only I could get Yoongi to step away from his music for that time.

"What are you thinking about?"

In shock, I jumped back, almost knocking over an expensive prop. The men frowned at me, mumbling something about celebrities.

"Sorry!" I bowed. The laughing man behind me got a slap on the arm. "Lee Jongsuk! Why do you have to sneak up on me like that?"

"Ow! Woman! I didn't. You were just too busy having dirty thoughts."

"I was...not." But I was. I cleared my throat. "What are you doing here?"

He rolled his eyes but accepted the conversation change. "I heard you were in the middle of a filming break. Let's get something to eat and discuss this new drama."

"I can't today. Everyone is going out tonight. It would be rude if I didn't attend."

Jongsuk nodded. "Alright, I'll tag along and we can talk about it after."

"You won't take no for an answer will you?"

"What do you think?"

I was ready to keep arguing but one of the coordis came up. "E-excuse me." She blushed and look at Jongsuk expectantly. "Can I have an autograph please?"

"Of course." He smiled and winked at her.

Figures. Jongsuk was the king of flirting. She stumbled away and I slapped the back of his head.

"Geumanhae!" He fiercely rubbed the back of his head. "What did I do this time?"

"Stop pretending to be y, no one can get their work done." He glanced around. Sure enough, almost everyone was watching our exchange.

"It's not like I can help it-Wait, pretending?!" He ran to catch me since I had already started walking away. "You're always so mean to me. Besides, we both know money can't buy this." He gestured down his whole body and I guwaffed.

"Don't you have something better to do than follow me around today?"

"I sure do, its convincing you to do this drama with me."

I sighed. Jongsuk and I had been friends for years, longer than I had been dating Yoongi. He's the reason I started acting. My original dream was to be a dancer but it tanked when I broke my leg. It never healed correctly and I had to find something else. In the mist of depression he helped me find a new goal. I owed a lot to him. Maybe a melodrama wouldn't be that big of a deal. Yoongi did say I could...

"This is not me agreeing, but at least tell me about it."

From that point on he rattled on and on about this drama. It was called Two Worlds. He let me read some script and the both of us did a short scene together. Honestly, it didn't sound that bad. He said the reading was tomorrow at 2pm. My schedule had recently opened but I was a little bummed to be filling it with something other than Yoongi.

Before I knew it the day had passed by and we were sitting amongst my coworkers. Won Bin Sunbae brought his wife, Nayoung.

I greeted her warmly. "How are you feeling? Do you know what you're having yet?"

"Not yet. But we're both secretly hoping for a girl."

I cooed. Honestly I would be happy with a boy or a girl. I could just imagine a little boy with Yoongi's eyes and gummy smile.

"Why didn't you bring Yoongi-ssi?" Won Bin asked. Jongsuk stiffened.

"He's been working hard on some new music. Yoongi-ah tends to work best during the middle of the night."

The conversation shifted. A few of the stunt doubles a few seats down were mumbling about something. "Did you see it? It's all over SNS."

"No. What is it?"

They glanced at me and I quickly turned away, pretending to be caught up in a conversation with the coordis. It must concern me or they wouldn't be trying to be hush hush about it. My stomach clenched.

"They say that Moon Haeri got dumped by that Suga guy." I laughed. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy for suddenly laughing for no reason. But I was relieved. Lately I had been on edge about news that involved me or Suga.

"You need to relax." Jongsuk handed me a glass of soju.

"Thanks." I managed to mumble out as I downed the drink.

Won Bin leaned over. "Are you sure you're okay? Our conversation from last time...Has anything happened since then?"

"No. I'm just a little on edge is all." On top of that I hadn't seen Yoongi in a couple of days. The last time was in his studio. We lived in the same dorm but we always just missed each other. Maybe I was just cranky because of that.

I downed another glass.

A few of the workers started excusing themselves. Soon it was just Jongsuk, Won Bin, his wife, and me. It was comfortable. We were all well acquainted with each other.

Being the youngest of the group, I was in charge of the meat. That was fine with me. I had already eaten my fill. Overeating was something I didn't agree with. So, I kept everyone else's plates full and their glasses. Nayoung stuck to water.

"Make sure you eat too." Jongsuk put some food on my plate.

"I've had enough."

He looked at me. Crap. I knew that look. If I didn't put that piece of meat in my mouth and swallow he was about to throw a tantrum. He even picked it up with chopsticks and offered it to me. I gave him a withering look.

"Eat."

"Don't mind if I do." Coming, seemingly out of nowhere, Yoongi snatched up the food.

Jongsuk pulled back.

Yoongi greeted everyone but he looked tired, like he didn't want to be here.

"How did you know I was here?" I whispered once he settled beside me.

"Swag."

I rolled my eyes.

Won Bin was the first to engage in conversation with him. "Haeri was telling us about your music, what piece are you working on right now? If its okay to ask."

Yoongi smiled. He never turned down a chance to talk about his music. "It's a 10 track mix tape I'm making for the fans. More my style rather than Bangtan's as a group."

Won Bin continued to ask questions. Yoongi's arm casually slipped behind my back, his hand resting on my waist. Jongsuk noticed. I twisted my lips at him.

"Bwoh?" He mouthed.

"Be sociable." I nodded towards Yoongi.

Jongsuk frowned and shook his head. I swear I was going to grow old before these two became friends. The rest of the night was just Yoongi and Won Bin talking about their careers while I scowled at Jongsuk. Poor Nayoung was left alone, sipping her water, probably laughing at all of us.

 

"Have a good night!" We parted ways. Jongsuk gave me a look. I still hadn't given him a definite answer about that drama. I waved him away.

"Call me!"

 

Yoongi and I, fingers interlocked, walked home. He was mostly quiet. "How was your day?"

He took in a deep breath. "Rough. This mix tape is...challenging."

"How so?"

Instead of answering he pulled me inside an icecream shop. "What flavor? We can pick some up for the kids as well."

He had been awfully secretive about this mix tape of his. Which was unusual since I was usually one of the first people to hear his works. Instead, he hadn't even let me hear the beat, much less read the lyrics.

I ordered red bean icecream for all of us. They packed Jimin and Jongkook's in bowls. Yoongi took my hand again as we made our way down the street.

His expression hadn't changed. It was a little distant. "You'd tell me, right?"

I seemed to surprise him with my question. "Tell you? Tell you what?"

"If everything is okay."

He seemed to realize. "Oh, baby. I'm sorry." He pulled me closer to his side. "I promise, it's just the song I've been working on the past few days. It's been making me think about the past, about Daegu. All of it." I kissed his cheek.

"Let's go home."

With the boys preoccupied with their snack, Yoongi and I escaped to the room.

He was laid out on the bed, waiting for me to finish changing. Yoongi pulled me down on top of him. I smiled and played with his fringe. "Just why was Jongsuk there? I would have known if he had been in this movie." Yoongi, really really didn't like Oppa.

"I was wondering when you were going to ask. He wanted to talk about that new drama I told you about, remember?"

It only took him blinking twice to figure out everything. "No."

"But Yoongi!" He sat up and I rolled off of him.

"I never would have told you to go for it if I would have known."

"Why are you threatened by him? It makes no sense."

He sighed. "He was there for you, when I couldn't be."

I thought back. Yoongi was referring to my depression after losing my dream of being a dancer. I was overcoming it and really pursuing acting when the two of us met. But at that time he was going through his own depression and social anxiety. If it wasn't for Namjoon we probably never would have gotten to know each other the way we did.

"That's not-" I didn't have the words. "That would be like me saying that I did nothing for you." It was still a battle, but he overcame his anxiety without me. Just like I overcame my depression without him. We both relapsed every once in awhile but now we had each other, and it was easier.

"Please let me do this drama. I'm really excited about it."

He turned towards me. "What happened to not wanting to film romantic movies?" He started to pout and I knew I had won him over.

"I need to at least once." I smiled and pecked his lips. When he didn't respond I kissed him again.

He huffed. "Araso. If it's what you really want to do."

"You're the best." My arms swung over his shoulders and this time it was me who pulled him down.

His shirt was gone in a flash and mine was halfway up when there was a knock at our door. Yoongi grabbed a pillow and screamed into it. I laughed, still half buried underneath him. "We seriously need our own place."

But like the good Hyung he was, he got up and checked on the Dongsaengs. I got settled under the covers and waited for him. He came back with a scowl.

"What is it?" I asked when he started getting dressed.

"Something stupid. Don't worry about it." He didn't act like it was serious so I didn't ask. Yoongi leaned across the bed and gently kissed me. A sigh left him. It wasn't hard to figure out why.

I tugged his ear. "I'm free tomorrow night."

Yoongi showed his gummy smile, mood instantly lifted. "It's a date."

___________________________________________________

*Throws hearts*
Surprised to see subscribers. Honestly, I didn't think anyone would be interested.
Makes me so happy! Welcome!
If anyone is unsure, the song that they talk about near the end was The Last.
I feel like I can't breathe every time I listen to it.
Thanks for reading!