Moon Haeri, The Girlfriend

Min Yoongi's Girlfriend

 

 

I slowly opened my eyes. The sword was heavy in my hands. I tested the weight, gripping it tighter in my grasp. The men before me were brandishing their own weapons. They circled and all at once they charged. I flipped back and parried their blows. Metal clanged against metal.

The rain was thick and made seeing even harder. Blood flew across my vision as I successfully cut into skin. They held someone precious to me captive and they would all die by my hands.

As the crowd of men grew smaller, so did their bravery. They were less eager to attack and it gave me a moment to catch my breath. There were only five left. I needed at least one alive who could show me the way. "Who will it be?"

I jumped forward and the fighting continued. It wasn't long before my sword tipped the chin of the last man standing.

"Please spare me." The boy groveled at my feet.

"I will if you take me to my brother."

He visibly froze. "I-I don't know where he is."

"Then you are no more use to me." I lifted my sword.

"CUT!" The director yelled and I relaxed my stance. The coordinators came and wrapped me up in warm towels. I was grateful, the water was freezing!

"You did such a good job!" One cooed. "I never get tired of watching your fight scenes."

I laughed. "I should go for a quiet melodrama next. Less physical effort."

"Plus you get to kiss handsome oppas!" They squealed.

"Just imagine, Lee Minho!"

I squirmed and covered my ears. They were more excited about who I co-starred with than I did.

The director walked over to see me. "That was a good take. Let's wrap it up here and call it a day. We can pick up again tomorrow." I nodded and bowed.

"Do you have plans today Unnie?"

I smiled. "A few."

"Ah! So lucky!" They knew who I was going to see, it wasn't a secret even though we tried to make it that way at first. We've been dating longer than anyone realized, but its been about three months since we were discovered. At this point the only thing stopping us from moving forward was our jobs. Its more appealing to appear as a 'single' when in this sort of industry. People would pretend to support us, but in the end they would prefer if we split up.

I quickly changed and dried my hair. They applied a light coat of makeup on for me. This was the home from work look. Even though I was done I still had to look good for the fans.

When we were first discovered, it was hard for the fans to swallow. My fanbase wasn't too happy, and his fanbase definitely wasn't happy. For awhile I recieved threats and had to keep extra body guards with me. Even though it had died down a lot, I still recieved hate mail everyday.

"Moon Haeri!" I looked up to see a news clip playing on one of the stunt double's phone. "That's a name we've all grown to know and love!"

"That's right!" The other MC agreed. I paid more attention since it was about me.

"Our lovely actress was recently discovered to be dating a member of a famous Kpop Idol group called Bangtan. Fans began to suspect when she attended many of their events and was caught on camera on some of their backstage cameras. In return some of the members have went to her fansigning events."

"It's been revealed who she is dating and it was none other than the rapper Suga! They both have confessed at separate interviews. Sorry fangirls and fanboys, looks like these two stars are off the table! On other knews did you hear..." I tuned out the sound and grabbed my purse. The coordis said their goodbyes. I would be back in the morning and we would start again. Movies were exhausting.

Before going home I had one more stop. Won Bin, my co-star in this movie, Dark Souls, had wanted to do some extra sword practice. We had a fight scene within the next few weeks and both of us wanted to be in our best shape. On my way there I ordered some food for us.

"Anyone here?" I knocked and walked into the training room. Won Bin was already practicing.

"Oh, you're here? Perfect. I was just warming up."

"I brought food for us to snack on later."

While we stretched and practiced basic sword I couldn't help but ask questions.

"Won Bin Sunbae, you're married." He chuckled at my not question but let me continue. "How did you manage? Was it hard?"

He stopped for a moment, turning towards me. I didn't want to reveal my troubled face so I kept turned away. "It was, at first. Although, Idols are held at a different level than actresses and actors. My wife was an actress as well so I felt that made it easier."

"Congratulations on the baby, by the way." I half noted.

He nodded his thanks but didn't let me change the subject. Darn my inability to keep my mouth shut, I should have never asked.

"It's going to be harder for you because you're with an Idol. Especially since they have such a strong fanbase. Why do you ask? Are you regretting?"

I quickly turned to him. "No! Never." My voice grew quieter. "There's just...a strain there that wasn't present before. I'm not worried about us, we've been together for so long, I want to view this as an obstacle we can overcome together. It's just...I feel like it's an obsticle that shouldn't exist."

"If you do it together, then its possible. But, remember, you'll never get everyone's approval. That's life." He pointed his sword at me. "Now, shall we begin?"

 

"Thank you for the extra practice Sunbae." I bowed.

He nodded his head back. "No, thank you. I think this might be my last movie. With the baby on the way, I want to focus on my family. Don't give me that look." I pouted and turned away. Won Bin Sunbae was a great mentor to me, taught me so much. It was an honor working with him. To think this would be the last time...

When he saw my tears he quickly changed the topic. "I heard you got casted on a new drama."

I awkwardly laughed. "I'm not sure if I'm going to take it or not. It's more of a romance. That's territory I haven't played around in yet. Makes me nervous." My stomach tightened just at the thought of it.

"You have experience. Besides, it's good to work at least every category once."

"Since you said it, I guess it must be true."

He laughed. "Get home safely."

"You too Sunbae. Bye!"

I pulled my coat closer. It was nearly midnight so I hailed a cab. If my instincts were right, I knew exactly where to go. They always wrote their music in the middle of the night.

My phone rang on the way there.

"Oppa." I looked out the window, watching the street lamps pass by.

"Have you finished for today?" Lee Jong Suk yawned as he asked. We had been friends for years, I knew when he wanted something.

"Spit it out."

The sound of the phone tumbling had me biting my lip to keep from laughing aloud.

"Yah. Do you always have to start that way?"

"You never call unless you want something, so cough it up Jongsuk!"

"Araso. Araso." He sighed and I waited. It took him one whole block before speaking again. "You know that drama? The one you're undecided in?" I narrowed my eyes even if he couldn't see them. "Would you agree to it? You'll be acting with me. We'll be the two leading actors."

I leaned back. A melodrama with my best friend didn't sound too bad. "Let me sleep on it. I'm almost home." I didn't mention Yoongi, Jongsuk always got weird whenever I brought him up. "Mm? Go to bed Jongsuk, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Alright. Nig~ht." He yawned again before hanging up.

A heavy sigh left me. I wasn't confident in romance dramas but Jongsuk had a lot of experience. If it was him, I wouldn't be as concerned. There was just one thing...how would a certain someone, who is currently writing music, react? Maybe that's what I was really worried about.

 

Ever so quietly I made my way towards their studio. Since it was late there weren't very many people here. The door was slightly ajar and I could hear their deep discussion.

I held my finger for Namjoon to remain quiet. He smiled and continued to pretend I wasn't there.

Yoongi was focused on writing lyrics, so he didn't notice the exchange. He was humming a tune while scribbling. I bit my lip and wrapped my slender fingers over his eyes.

His smile was immediate.

"Guess who."

He pulled my fingers to his lips. A mischievous smirk graced his features. 

"Are you going to be late tonight?" I asked.

"Mian. We've almost finished this song." Yoongi turned around. His tired eyes squinted up at me.

"Araso. Don't work too hard." I bumped my nose against his.

"Yuck." Namjoon, quickly got up. "I'm going to get some food."

When the door clicked closed I started to straighten up but Yoongi caught my arm.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

"Ani." I stuck my tongue out.

"Don't tease me."

"Ah. Why not?"

"Let me show you." He pulled me down for a quick kiss. I squealed but he wouldn't let me go. He pulled me closer so I was practically in his lap. "I've missed you."

We didn't get to see each other very often because of our work schedules. They were currently on break, only during small concerts here and there. I was the busiest with the movie and now possibly another drama to add on to it.

"Yoongi-ah." I had adjusted myself so my legs hung off the arm of the chair. He hummed, already back to his music, his arms around me as he wrote. I played with the hair on the back oh his neck. Namjoon had been gone a long time. "I have a question."

"What is it?" He bit his pencil and nodded his head to a beat I couldn't hear.

"They asked me to be the female lead in a drama."

"Isn't that good?"

"Yeah...but, it's a melodrama."

He stopped writing long enough to look at me, giving me a blank face. Yoongi didn't understand what that word meant.

"You know...romance, kissing, cute love-dovey scenes, that sort of stuff."

He blinked. "Are you asking for my permission?" I lowered my eyes and I felt his body shake with a light laughter. He patted my head. "If it's something you want to do, go for it."

"Really?"

"Mm." He half smirked half smiled. It was my favorite expression on his face. I leaned forward and kissed the corner of his mouth.

The door clicked opened and Suga scowled. Namjoon huffed in complaint. "I've been gone for nearly an hour! You two haven't gotten it out of your systems yet?" I blushed but they just laughed.

"Wait, it's really that late?" I jumped up and checked my phone. 2am. "I need to get home. I've got to be back early." I gave Yoongi a sly glance. "Too bad you have to work tonight." I laughed at his sour face.

I bid them farewell. "Don't worry, I'll put the kids to bed." They nodded and sent me off.

Jimin and Jungkook lived with me and Yoongi. While Jin, Tae, Namjoon, and Hoseok lived together. The dorms weren't far from each other so sometimes they liked to shuffle around. Jin could take care of the others so I was responsible for the other two. I felt a little bad coming in this late.

Only the entrance lights were on. I slipped on my home shoes and navigated the dark house. Both of their doors were shut and no light pulled from underneath. Just like a concerned mother, I peaked into each room to make sure they were sleeping comfortably.

Seeing Jimin and Jungkook's sleepy faces made me feel warm and my heart full. They were sleeping blissfully. Now, it was my turn to join them.

I crashed on the bed. Sleep quickly took me. I never heard Yoongi come home, or feel his strong hands readjust me, or his warm arms when they wrapped around my body. My dreams were peaceful and his presence only made them sweeter.

________________________________________-

I'm cringing! This will be my first time writing a fluff piece.
I fear I won't be able to keep it up. It's so hard!
But, I will persevere.