Jeong Eugene, The Rival

Min Yoongi's Girlfriend

 

 

It was our first breakfast together in awhile. The boys were half asleep but ate diligently. Jimin was awfully clingy this morning and kept his head resting on Yoongi. He never complained. Jungkook on the other hand almost face planted his food a few times.

"Just what did you all do last night?" I had never heard them come home. 

Jungkook answered. "There was a meeting at Namjoon Hyung's dorm."

"A meeting? Why don't I believe you?"

Jimin lifted his head. "Jinja, Noona. It was just a group discussion."

"In the middle of the night?" Yoongi's face told me to drop it. "Araso. Araso." They were keeping something from me. For now I would let it go. But Yoongi and I had a date tonight and I would get the information out of him.

"Do you have plans today Noona?" Kookie asked.

"I have a script reading today at 2. They usually run late into the night, especially when it's the first readings." As the words left my mouth I felt an unhappy face directed at me.

Yoongi was pouting from across the table. 

"But not too late." I amended.

"Jimin and I were going to practice in the dance studio tonight. So it'll be late for us too." I'm sure a certain Hyung convinced them to be out of the house.

The kids left after breakfast, saying they were going to go shopping with Jin. I turned to Yoongi immediately. "You didn't threaten them or anything did you?"

He smiled and pulled me into a light embrace. "Maybe."

"Mmm." I hummed and rubbed my nose against his chin. "What are your plans today?"

"I'd like to try and wrap up this mix tape. Namjoon and Hoseok have a radio show today. So it'll just be me." He the puppy dog eyes. "Can't you skip? I'll skip too."

I opened my mouth to give a cheeky remark but the doorbell rang. "That...would be Jongsuk."

"What's he doing at my house?"

"Taking me to work." I bit my lip. The doorbell rang again.

Yoongi grabbed my arm and whirled me back towards him. "Hold on." He ruffled my hair and did the same with his.

"H-hajima." I complained when he started ruffling my clothes. "Yah! This is what I'm wearing this afternoon." I rushed to the door before he could do anything else. "Jongsuk Oppa!"

"Ready?"

"Yeah, Let me just get my purse."

Yoongi appeared behind me and I face palmed when he didn't have a shirt on. Now I realized why he ruffled my hair. "How late is this going to be?"

Jongsuk looked him and down. He knew exactly what Yoongi was trying to pull.

"Not late. I swear."

Yoongi narrowed his eyes and I shoved him back. "Stop it!" I hissed. He pouted as I raced around, straightening my hair, grabbing my purse, slipping on shoes. I stopped and gave him a meaningful kiss. "I'll be back tonight."

"Araso." Dejectedly he went to the kitchen. I'd have to make it up to him later.

"Let's go." Jongsuk offered his arm and we headed off to the reading.

 

When we arrived I pinched Jongsuk's back. Hard

He yelped and slapped my hand away. "Would you stop being violent? Goodness. What is it this time?"

I glared at him. "What is she doing here?"

Jeong Eugene, my rival. She always tried to best me at everything.

"If I told you, you wouldn't have come."

"That's right!"

"Moon Haeri." My expression went flat. "Long time no see. " She walked up with that false confidence. "I'm surprised to see you, I thought melodramas were beneath you."

I smiled sweetly. "Figured I would branch out."

"Well, there's no point really. I've got it covered."

A sigh left my lips. "Stop it Jeong Eugene. I'd rather not start this day bitterly."

"Then leave."

Jongsuk held up his hands. "Ladies. Ladies. It's too early for all of this. We should remain as professionals."

She ignored him. "That boy toy of yours hasn't broken up with you yet?"

How dare she- Jongsuk yanked me back by my collar.

Eugen flipped her hair back. "If you need pointers Haeri, just ask the lead actress. I've got lots of tips for you. I could help you with that pathetic love life of yours as well. Since there's so much negativity online. Shame really."

My face turned red. "Actually-"

Before I could correct her the director walked up. "Good to see you're all acquainted. Here's your scripts. We're going to start in a few minutes."

I held up my script so she could read it. "Actually, I'm the lead actress." It was her turn to be angry. Her ears and face turned so many shades of red that I thought she was about to burst with hot steam.

"How about we go sit down." Jongsuk gently pushed me away from what could have turned into a crime scene. "Did you have to rub it in her face?"

I scrunched my nose. "She started it. Just you wait," my finger was in his face. "You'll pay for this." he just laughed and playfully bit at my finger.

After the director introduced himself we in turn stood and said our names and roles. Once settled the reading began. In those few hours we went over the first few episodes of the show. I gave Jongsuk a sly glance.

"How much of this did you already know?"

His eyes widened. I yanked him down to my level by his ear. "Yah. Yah. Yah."

"Answer me pretty boy."

"Only a little. I swear." I pulled harder. "All of it!"

I scoffed and let him go. "Kissing isn't supposed to be until the 8th episode! At least!" How did my first melodrama end up being so...sensual?

He rubbed his ear while pouting at me. "They just really like each other."

My first thought was Yoongi. He would probably rip all of Jongsuk's hair out if he knew. It was best that he didn't find out until the episodes aired. By that time it would be too late. I nodded and gave myself a little 'aja, aja, fwighting.'

 

We said our goodbyes. I found the director to be a little too enthusiastic to have be aboard. I was more of an action style actress rather than sappy. Still, like Won Bin said, it's good to experience other areas.

Jongsuk took me home and we had idle talk throughout the car ride.

"At least your first romantic drama is with me. You should count yourself lucky."

I wouldn't admit it but it was true. Jongsuk was more experienced with this sort of acting than I was. He would make it less awkward. Or, being the little devil that he is, would embarrass me every chance he got. Honestly, it could go either way.

We stopped in front of my house. "Well, you have fun tiger."

I beamed. "I will. We've been trying to plan this date for awhile."

"Ew. Ew. Ew. Get out of my car. Shoo!"

I laughed as he pushed me out. "Yah. When are you going to tell him? I kept my mouth shut because you asked but seriously. The joke has gone on long enough."

Jongsuk gave me a mischievous smile. "All in do time sweetheart. Bye~."

The only thing I could do was shake my head. Seriously. Of all the people in the world, that one had to be my best friend. I felt like quoting Jackson from Got7.

Oh my stress.

 

I took two big deep breaths before unlocking the door and sliding in. "Yoongi-ah?" It was strangely quiet. No lights were on. Did he go to the studio?

After dumping my keys and purse I started scoping the house.

"Jagiya~" I sweetly called for him.

After checking every room I huffed. He was so adamant about tonight and then decides to bail on me. I was almost tempted to leave and make him sleep in an empty bed tonight, but I didn't. Instead, I slipped on my pj's (something cute and slightly y, just in case) and crawled into bed.

I reread the script a couple of times and then ultimately decided to cut the lights. If he was home he would have popped out by now.

Disappointment filled me as I drifted off to sleep.

 

"Don't touch me." I growled. Yoongi finally showed up sometime around 2am. He had already crawled into bed and was about to pull me close.

"I'm sorry. Seokjin Hyung called me. They had a flat tire and needed me to pick them up. The kids are staying over there tonight." He explained.

"They could have called a cab. Or the manager. Or Hoseok or Namjoon. Why you?" I sniffed. Yoongi's face was masked by the dark but I knew he was feeling guilty.

"Mianhae. Jinja mianhae." He rubbed his nose up and down the back of my neck. I steeled myself. I would not be swayed.

Not even when he started giving light pecks on the side of my ear. Or when his fingers dipped under my shirt. Especially not when he started whispering my name softly against my skin.

"I've been home for five hours. It took that long?" I just couldn't let it go.

He gently rolled me over. "What can I say to make it better? I really am sorry for being late to our date." He wove his fingers through mind and planted soft kisses across my face. "But I'm here now. I didn't stand you up." His other hand went up my back, pulling me closer and closer.

"I wanted to eat dinner and cuddle on the couch first. We never get to spend time with each other."

He pulled back. "We can now."

"At 2am?" I gave him a baffled look.

"Why not? Come on." He climbed out of bed, pulling me with him. We started to walk out of the room but he stopped. "Wait. Let's treat this like a real date. Stay here."

I raised one eyebrow but did as he asked. Yoongi left the room, closing the door behind him. Within that same minute he knocked. Unsure, I opened it.

"Good afternoon Moon Haeri. Are you ready for our date?" He gave me his gummy smile. I wanted to start crying. What did I do to deserve him?

I took his hand and we walked to the kitchen. He pulled out a chair. "I had these seats reserved for three weeks now. Hopefully the food will be good." He fumbled around the kitchen. Since I hadn't cooked there was only rice and some left over japchae. After debating for a few seconds he brought it to the table.

He snapped his finger. "Almost forgot." Yoongi rushed out of the room and came back with an LED candle, placing it in the center of the table. He pretended to light it was his nonexistent lighter. "How's that?"

I looked away so he couldn't see my grateful tears. "Come here." I leaned over the table, forgetting our luxurious meal and kissed him. He cupped my face and angled his head, giving himself better access.

We moved to the couch. He laid out and tucked me close. We stayed like that for awhile, just kissing. He played with my fingers. Weaving and unweaving them.

He leaned back with a contented sigh. I continued dragging my lips across his neck. Back and forth. Back and forth. He remained still, letting me do what I wanted.

"So, we had our dinner." I started counting with one finger. "Cuddled on the couch. What could be next?" I thoughtfully tapped my chin.

"I don't know but your night outfit has been tempting me all night." I let out a giddy laugh when he picked me up. He whispered sweet words in my ear as we went to the room.

Gently, he laid me across the bed. "I love you." He breathed as he kissed me. I wove my fingers through his hair to keep him close. Yoongi was gentle and passionate.

We enjoyed our empty house and quiet night. There were no schedules or deadlines. It was just us. We created our own world that night. A world that we visited as often as we could.

__________________________________________

Thank you guys for reading and commenting! I hope you all enjoy!
Since this fic is oriented around what BTS do, feel free to throw out suggestions!
I'm trying to stay in order, but its fanfiction and I can change things as needed.
By the way, have you all been watching the BTS promos? OMO! How gorgeous!
And YOONGI'S! Waaaah~ I would have loved to hear his voice in it like everyone else's
but I'm still happy. :)