Chapter XXVII – His Tragedy

(LeoN/NEO) The World of Us

[CHAPTER XXVII]

His Tragedy

 

 

As Taekwoon walked back to town, he was stopped by a man calling out for him. At the wrong time. If only the old man knew how angry Taekwoon was at the moment from his break up with Hakyeon just now…

“Sir Taekwoon! Wait!”

It was the mayor. It was rare to see the man outside of his luxurious mansion, especially after his daughter’s rebellion.

“Wait!”

“What?” Taekwoon turned around. He was unable to hide his irritation especially at the man who was the father of Kwon Soo-ah.

“Please. You’ve got to help my Soo-ah.”

“Huh? Why would I?”

Kwon Soo-ah was one of the reasons that Hakyeon had broken up with him. Why should he care what happens to her?

“She’s locked herself in her room again and I’m worried that something bad would happen to her. My child, I know she’s in love with you. So please. You’ve got to help me.” The usual prideful man kneeled down in front of Taekwoon and begged desperately.

Taekwoon wanted to refuse, leave them alone and not care but he followed the man back to the mansion. It might have been his anger making him lose all rationales or it could’ve been that he wanted to see the end of Soo-ah.

Even though they knocked several times on the door, there was still no answer. Taekwoon kicked the door open will all his might and saw her lying on her bed, covered with red.

She had attempted to kill herself again. The sight frightened the mayor so much that he almost fainted but he held himself back and urgently ran to look for a doctor.

Taekwoon approached her body that was covered by blood. She was still conscious. Somehow he wished that she wasn’t. It’s because of you that…

 

*   *   *   *   *   *

 

Nonetheless, it was because they found her on time, Soo-ah’s wounds were patched and the mayor held Taekwoon back until she regained consciousness again. He never thought that his daughter had fallen this madly in love with Taekwoon either, to the point of killing herself in order to forget.

“Please. I beg you. Stay with my daughter until she awakens. You don’t need to do anything more. Just stay. I really can’t lose her.” He cried.

Taekwoon had no reason to stay but he didn’t know what came over him. He sat next to Soo-ah’s bed as he watched her pale face, fast asleep. He saw several scars that ran along her arms. Just how desperate was she?

The first person she saw as she opened her eyes was the man she had fallen so deeply for. Taekwoon was sitting next to her while she was asleep. She was surprised to see him and shot up from her bed.

“Lie back down. Your wounds are going to open up again.” He told her.

“Huh? Okay.” She obeyed. She seemed fascinated to see Taekwoon in her room, looking out for her and seemingly caring for her.

“You like me?” He asked.

“Mhmm. A lot!” She blushed.

“You don’t even know anything about me.”

“It doesn’t matter. I love you still.” She persisted.

“Since when?’

“I don’t know. It could’ve been love at first sight. Remember when you helped me save Nikki?”

Taekwoon gave her a slight nod.

“Will you come here again? Please?” She asked.

Taekwoon did not give her a definite reply but his face gave her hope. False hopes.

Like the mayor had asked, Taekwoon went to the mansion to pay Soo-ah a visit almost every day. He never said anything to her during his visits and only say by her side while he read books. However, she didn’t need him to say anything. She knew that Taekwoon was quiet and didn’t like to talk much. But just by him being by her side was enough for her to heal her wounds. Taekwoon cared for her, at least, that’s what she told herself.

 

*   *   *   *   *   *

 

Soo-ah was finally back in the state where she was able to leave the house again. She no longer attempted to end her own life and was eating her meals again to make sure she was healthy enough for Taekwoon. He was her remedy, her everything. She thought of paying Taekwoon a visit for once, in order to thank him for helping her during her recovery.

Just as she was about to knock on his door, she heard a loud crashing noise coming from the other side. She got worried and rushed in.

“Taekwoon?” She asked.

The room was dimmed and the curtains were drawn. She couldn’t really see what was in front of her and she immediately went to the window to open up some light. As she saw the room light up again, she saw Taekwoon just standing there. The room was in chaos, furnishings were broken and pieces of shattered glass and mirror covered the floor.

“What’s wrong? Are you hurt?” She asked.

He did not answer. He was silent. As if he didn’t see her nor notice her.

Just then, someone pulled her away from behind. It was Jaehwan.

“Come out.” He said.

“What’s going on? Why’s he like that?” She asked.

“He’s been like that for a while now. He won’t tell us what’s going on and just destroying everything at night. We’re all worried but refuses to let us help.”

“What about Hakyeonie? Aren’t they friends? Maybe he can help?” She suggested.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. They had a fight… a huge one.”

“Huh? What happened?”

“…”

Jaehwan knew but he kept it quiet.

“Anyways, I don’t think Hakyeon can help, he may even make matters worse. Let’s just leave him be for now. Okay?”

“But…”

Jaehwan shook his head and tried to persuade Soo-ah to let Taekwoon be alone so she doesn’t get hurt in the process of helping him. For whatever reason Jaehwan didn’t like Soo-ah, he still wouldn’t want to see an innocent bystander get hurt. Even he feared the sight of an angry Taekwoon.

However, Soo-ah did not give up. She wanted to help Taekwoon as he had helped her.

‘I’m coming in,’ she attempted again to step inside his room.

He was still in the same spot as earlier. He did not move. Soo-ah could not tell what was going on in his mind except she was really worried for him. She also found Hyuk hiding underneath the bed as he was helplessly watching his master vent his frustration out on his surroundings.

Soo-ah carefully approached Taekwoon. He was completely lifeless.

She saw his hands were dripping with blood and panicked. He must’ve gotten hurt in the process. She immediately took a cloth to wipe the blood off and patched his wounds. She was saddened at the sight of her crush being hurt.

Then, he suddenly grabbed her wrist.

“You said you love me right?” He asked.

“Huh?” She was flustered by his straightforwardness. She nodded.

“Then… do you want to be with me? Forever?” He looked directly at her.

She nodded. Of course, she wanted to be with him forever. She couldn’t have asked for anything more.

“Then come with me. Back to where I came from.” He proposed. “Forever.”

Soo-ah did not hesitate. She agreed.

To where? She didn’t care.

As long as she could be with Taekwoon, with the one person she loves, she was willing to leave everything behind. Her home, her family, her memories, everything.

 

*   *   *   *   *   *

 

Although Taekwoon tried to forget Hakyeon, he couldn’t. He thought that by having Soo-ah occupy his time after the breakup, that he would eventually forget about the boy. He was wrong.

Every day he would visit Soo-ah but every night he would end up releasing his powers out on everything at sight. Broken glasses, and objects piled up around him. He had shut himself away in his room, away from everyone when night had fallen. He rejected both Hyuk and Jaehwan’s comfort and worries.

The moment he lost Hakyeon, he had lost it all. He no longer had the reason to continue living here in the human world. He was once fascinated by the light that only existed in this place, fantasized about it for many years but only because this was where Hakyeon lived. But now, with his light gone, everything fell into darkness. His world was pitch black and the human world became a place that only caused him pain.

He proposed to take Soo-ah with him, to take her away with him back to the Underworld. She obviously agreed, despite not knowing where he’d be taking her to. Taekwoon knew the girl was foolishly in love with him, so much that she was willing to give up her life for him. Would Hakyeon do the same for him?

He doubts it.

When Hakyeon had one-sidedly made the decision to end their relationship, Taekwoon’s only reason for staying in the human world was lost. He’s fought so hard to come to this place, to stay by Hakyeon’s side, yet the latter had cold-heartedly cast him away.

If only this girl did not exist…

That’s when Taekwoon decided to steal her away. She was the reason that he lost Hakyeon and therefore, she shall cease to exist in the human world along with every single one of the memories he’s made during his stay. He wanted to forget everything.

With Soo-ah’s acceptance of leaving with him, Taekwoon brought Soo-ah to his and Hakyeon’s secret place for one last time. She pondered at where he was taking her at first but did not question. Nor was she frightened at the sight of a portal suddenly appearing before her. Along with Hyuk, Taekwoon took Soo-ah to the Underworld and locked everything behind them.

He had left everything behind.

 

 

Both his fantasy and his tragedy.

 

 

End of ACT II

 

 

A/N

The next chapter will be the first side story of this fanfiction and will talk about Cha Hakyeon. It will talk about his childhood before he meets Taekwoon.

It was also mark a new beginning for this fanfiction. Thank you for supporting the story thus far. There are still much to come, new secrets will be revealed and introduction to a new character.