Unplanned Confession

Chaeyoung the Dory (Finding Michaeng)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since Mina met Chaeyoung, her life suddenly had a color. Chaeyoung gave color to her planned boring life. They never went to other places together besides the convenience store. Mina would always let Chaeyoung tell her stories and Mina would just eagerly listen. She's so amazed at how adventurous Chaeyoung’s life is. She told stories about herself, how she went to every city looking for her parents, and how she ended up living in Kobe. Although what Chaeyoung shared is only bits of her memory since she can’t completely remember everything, Mina is still amused by Chaeyoung’s interesting life.

It’s been a week since Mina and Chaeyoung met. Although Mina is a complete stranger to Chaeyoung everyday, Mina would eagerly introduce herself to Chaeyoung to get reacquainted, and have casual talks with her.

Today, just like the usual days, Mina will go to the convenience store to grab some coffee, and of course to meet Chaeyoung as well. As usual, Chaeyoung is seated by the window eating instant ramen. She immediately approached the girl. “Hey.” Mina greeted. Chaeyoung looked up. “Hi Mina.” Mina got shocked upon hearing her name. “You remember me now?” Mina asked. Chaeyoung giggled. “Yeah.” Mina gave out a gentle smile.

Since then, Mina has no need to introduce herself to Chaeyoung again and again. She felt relieved that she was finally part of Chaeyoung’s memory. Until now, Mina doesn’t understand what’s going through her mind that she’s making so much effort just to see Chaeyoung. Perhaps this is the first time she ever had a friend, or she just pity the girl. Their friendship in the convenience store went on until…

“Mina. Let’s go somewhere else.” Chaeyoung invited while pouting. Mina gave a surprised gaze. “What?” “Ever since grandma took me in, she never allowed me to go anywhere besides this convenience store ‘cause I might get lost. I miss going out.” Chaeyoung explained. “But…I have classes.” Mina answered. Chaeyoung sighed. “I understand.” Mina faced down. She then checked the time on her wristwatch. “I have to go. I’m getting late.” Mina gathered her stuff carefully. “Okay.” Chaeyoung answered in an upset tone. Mina stood up. “See you tomorrow.” Mina spoke. Chaeyoung just nodded. Mina hesitantly left the convenience store. Chaeyoung rested her chin on her palm while aimlessly gazing outside the window. Suddenly, the person who just came in caught her attention. She tilted her head to the right to see the person. She saw Mina’s smiling bright face. “Let’s go.” Mina invited.

For the first time in her life, Mina went against her routine. Actually, it’s also the first time she ever missed a class, and the first time she’s going somewhere else. Even though Mina’s priority is her studies, she couldn’t resist Chaeyoung. The two headed to a nearby amusement park. Chaeyoung was so delighted to see the bright colors and to hear the cheerful music at the amusement park. She was filled with joy while roaming around with Mina. Mina couldn’t help but steal glances at Chaeyoung whenever she smiles. Mina felt like she would die just to see the young girl’s precious smile, especially when her dimples show.

As the two roam around the amusement park, they bought ice cream, cotton candy, popcorn, etc. They also only tried kiddy rides since Mina has never rode anything before. She even almost puked though she only rode those kids’ stuff. Chaeyoung laughed her heart out at Mina after the rides.

The two had the best day of their lives, especially Mina. She never felt so much excitement in her life. She had so much fun and she promised herself that she won’t ever forget this day. After the visit at the amusement park, Mina brought Chaeyoung back to the convenience store so she could go home without any worries, then the two separated ways and headed home. The moment Mina arrived home, she immediately sat on her desk to study whatever she thinks she missed out on. After studying, Mina slept with a smile on her face.

It’s Saturday morning. No classes today. Mina stretched lazily and headed to the bathroom. After doing her business, she sat on her desk to check her to-do-list for today. “Study for physics.” Mina murmured. She shrugged. “I can just do this tomorrow.” Mina stood up and wore something casual. She asked her parents for some cash and told them she’s going out. Mina’s parents were so amused upon knowing Mina wants to go out. They didn’t refuse and handed Mina some bucks. Mina immediately headed to the convenience store to see if Chaeyoung was there.

“She’s not here.” Mina whispered as she sighs. She sat down on an empty table and rested her chin on her palm. She then looked up and recognized the person who just came in. Mina waved while smiling. “Mina? You’re here today?” Chaeyoung asked as she approaches Mina. “Well, I just got bored so…” Mina answered as she shrugs.

“Really? Too bad I can’t hang out with you today. Grandma’s cooking something for me. I’m just here to buy some drinks.”

“Ahh.. Okay then I—“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter