Unplanned Meeting

Chaeyoung the Dory (Finding Michaeng)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myoui Mina is an ordinary senior high student. She’s smart, shy, and pretty. Mina isn’t the type of person who would go out and do parties, hang out at mall, or meet out with friends. She doesn’t even have a friend. She’s the type to wake up, shower, go to school, go home, study, sleep. That was her everyday routine.

Mina lived all her life in Kobe, Japan. She never tried going out of town. She believes that she should just focus on her studies, find a nice job, and live a comfortable life. Mina is the type to plan everything that she’ll do: Goals, To do List, Bucket List, Homework list, and every kind of list. She already planned out her life.

Today, just like any other day, Mina is going to school. On her way, she reads her planner. This planner is the most important planner she has. This includes her college life plans, plans for her job, plans for her marriage, how many kids she should have, where she should be buried when she dies, etc.

Everyday, Mina goes to the convenience store to buy coffee and sit for awhile before heading to school. She would read her notes for class while drinking, then head to school after. Today is no different. She bought coffee and sat on an empty seat and started reading her notes. After she was done, she gathered her stuff then threw out the coffee cup and left. When she was already a few blocks away from the convenience store, she realized she left something. Her eyes widened. “My planner.” She muttered. She immediately ran to the convenience store to get her planner. When she got there, her planner is nowhere to be found. She started to panic.

She then noticed a girl picking out some snacks. She tapped her shoulder. The girl turned around. “Uhm, excuse me.. have you seen a planner on this seat?” Mina asked while pointing at the table beside her. The girl gave out a questioned look. It took a few seconds for the girl to speak.

“Oh! A planner? I did! Someone sat there earlier and took it. He just left.” The girl answered.  

“Where did he go? Mina asked. “Uhmm.. I know where he went! Come on, follow me!” The girl excitedly insisted. She ran out of the convenience store. Mina followed after her. The girl was running too fast that Mina is starting to run out of breath. A little while, the girl suddenly slowed down, and eventually, she walked. She was walking and swaying while humming a song. Suddenly, she tilted her head sideways, trying to take a glimpse of what’s behind her with suspicion. The girl halted and slowly looked behind her and glanced at Mina with caution. She immediately tilted her head in front in a quick manner. Mina wondered. The girl suddenly ran. She ran even faster. Mina then chased after her. The girl then paused and faced Mina.

“Why are you following me?” The girl asked with an annoyed tone. “What?” Mina asked with a confused tone. “Is the street small enough for you?” The girl said.

“What are you talking about? I thought you were gonna take me to where my planner went?”

The girl gasped. “Oh! A planner! I saw it. Come on, follow me!”

Mina got confused. “Wait a minute… what is wrong with you? Are you wasting my time?”

“What? Oh.. so you mean I…” the girl sighed.  “Hi. I’m Chaeyoung. I suffer from short term memory loss. So I kinda forget things. I’m sorry.”

“What?” Mina facepalmed in dismay. “Great. I just wasted my time.”

“Wait. I can help you. Don’t worry.” Chaeyoung assured.

“Tch. Forget it. I’m late for school. I need to go.” Mina answered with a pissed tone and walked away.

Mina went to school with a bad mood. She couldn’t focus on her class thinking about her planner and that girl. All her important plans in life are written there. She could’ve let it go if it was just her to-do-list but that planner is so important to her.

Mina’s class ended with Mina’s mood unchanged. She walked home gloomily. On her way, when she was passing by the convenience store, she suddenly tilted her head and gazed at the person sitting inside who was holding her planner. Her eyes widened.  She leaned forward the glass window and pointed inside the store. “It’s her. She has my planner.” Mina immediately headed inside the convenience store and approached Chaeyoung who was staring deeply at the planner.  “You found it?” Mina asked. Chaeyoung looked up and gazed at Mina with a questioned face. “My planner.” Mina pointed out.  “Ohh! So this was yours. Yes.. right… I remember now.. Here.” Chaeyoung handed the planner and smiled.

“Thanks.. Uhmm, how did you find it?” Mina asked.

“Oh it was easy you know.. I just.. I.. I.. I forgot.” Chaeyoung sighed.

Mina chuckled. “I’m sorry about earlier.”

“Oh it’s okay. I don’t really remember what you’re sorry for but, yeah, I’m fine. No problem.” Chaeyoung answered with a smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter