Monday

Mail on Sunday (YuiParu)

Monday:

“So tell me why you need this mail woman suit again.”

“Like I said, this is necessary to get Paru to forgive me.”

The figure leaning against the door shook her head. Yamamoto Sayaka had been through a lot of strange things, but Yui’s request was one of the strangest. She decided not to press the matter any further, sensing her friends urgency. 

“Well, good luck,” Sayaka continued. “I hate to see you two fight.”

Yui nodded and hopped into the waiting cab. Her next stop was an art store.

When she arrived, she made a beeline for the aisle labeled “Stationery Items.” She needed to buy a pack of letter paper. Surrounded by colorful pens and utensils of sorts, she felt an urge to try them all. She could have spent hours doodling on testing paper if she didn't have a mission. Finally, she found what she was looking for. A pack of light pink paper with cute little bears and flowers on the edges caught her eye. It seemed like the kind of thing Paru would like. Promptly picking up the paper, Yui dashed to check-out counter.

Returning to Takamina’s apartment, Yui plopped down in front of a desk and took out a pen. She began to write a letter to her hopefully-still girlfriend. The first matter to address, of course, was an apology. 

-----

Yui climbed the stairs to Haruka’s apartment slowly. When she had finished the letter, she had felt triumphant. When she put on the mail woman costume and received strange looks from the people around her, she felt her confidence slipping away. Now, standing in front of Haruka’s apartment, she wanted to crawl into a hole. Yui considered turning back, but the thought of no Haruka dismissed the idea. She missed her salty girlfriend. 

She rang the doorbell, full of apprehension. If Haruka was away then she wouldn't know what to do. A minute passed with no sign of life inside. Yui rang the bell again, praying there was someone home. Just as she was about to leave, she heard the thumping of footsteps. A moment later, a haggard-looking girl emerged from the apartment. She stared at Yui, surprised to find a mailman at her front door. Rubbing her eyes, Haruka peered at Yui a little more closely. When she discovered who the mailman was, she gasped.

“What are you doing here?”

“I came to give you this.” Yui fished out the letter she had written earlier from her pocket. She held it out to Haruka, who took it with reluctance. “Read it later.”

“What is it?”

“A letter. There were things I needed to tell you, but I wasn't sure you would listen to me in person.”

Haruka sighed. Why did she date this girl? “Why are you dressed like this then?”

“I'm a mailman, coming to deliver you something.”

“Whatever. Don't come back, you're bothering me.” With that, Haruka slammed the door shut, leaving Yui standing there.

Yui blinked a couple times, not fully comprehending what had just happened. A moment later, her face broke into a grin. Her plan was working so far. Smiling to herself, Yui sauntered back down the stairs. By the end of the week, Paru would be hers once more.

On the other side of the door, a frustrated Haruka was staring at the letter in her hand. It was impossible to not be curious about the contents, but it came from Yui. She didn’t want to do anything Yui told her to do right now. Not after last night’s fight. Shaking her head, she left the letter on the kitchen counter and returned to her room.