Sunday

Mail on Sunday (YuiParu)

Sunday:

“Get out!” Shimazaki Haruka screamed, throwing a nearby book at her girlfriend.

Yokoyama Yui, the victim of her girlfriend’s anger, was kneeling on the ground, pleading with Haruka. “Paru, please, let's talk this out. It was a misunderstanding. Ricchan is just a friend!”

“I don't care. You told me that the last time I caught you two acting all flirty with each other.”

“Paru-”

“Get out. Grab your stuff and move out. I can't take anymore of this, Yui, you need to stop acting like a player.”

Yui just stood there, staring at the ground. She shuffled to the room they shared and started packing her luggage. After tossing a couple sets of clothes in her bag, she threw on her coat. Before closing the door, she took one last look around the room. Then she left. 

She passed by Paru, who had been sitting miserably at the kitchen table ever since Yui started to pack. Pausing, she mumbled an apology.

“I'm sorry.”

“Just leave.”

Hearing the defeated voice of her girlfriend shattered Yui’s heart, but she exited the apartment regardless. Paru might be stubborn and angry now, but eventually she would forgive Yui. The best thing to do now was wait and give her space.

After the apartment door closed, Haruka let out a sigh and closed her eyes. She felt warm tears stream down her face, and since seeing Yui and Ricchan together, finally allowed herself to cry.
 



As she waited for a cab, Yui contemplated where she would stay the night. She could stay at a hotel, but doing so was quite expensive and she didn't feel like spending money. Maybe she could stay over at a friend's house. But whom? Obviously, Ricchan wouldn't do. If Haruka heard about it, she’d never be forgiven. At the moment, even with all the fail jokes, Takamina was the best bet. 

“Hello? Takamina-san?”

“That’s me. Who is this?”

“It's Yui. Hey, I got into another fight with Paru, and I was wondering if I could stay with you for the time being.”

Yui heard the general manager sigh over the phone. 

“Again? Even with Paruru’s salty attitude, you two fight unusually often. You can stay with me, but by the end of the week, you two better have made up already.”

“Thanks. I'll see you soon, then.”

Yui hung up and got into the waiting taxi. She showed the cabbie an address on her phone and settled down as the car sped away. 

After ten minutes, the cab pulled up in front of an apartment complex. Yui handed the driver a couple of bills and entered the building.

Before she could even ring the doorbell, the door swung open, startling Yui. A frowning Takahashi Minami glared at her, but stepped aside to let her in.

“Sorry about the mess.”

“No, I'm just thankful you took me in.”

The shorter woman suddenly turned towards Yui and jabbed a finger at her. 

“You better explain what happened this time.”



As Yui recounted her shopping date with Ricchan and how they had gone for crepes afterwards, the general manager just sat there and nodded. When she told of how Ricchan had fed her a crepe and Haruka had walked in on the two laughing and giggling girls, Yui felt a knot form in her stomach.

“...and that's why I'm here,” she finished. Takamina, who had been silent the whole time, opened to speak. 

“From what you said, you're at fault. You know how jealous Paruru gets, and yet you still go out with Ricchan. Of course, Paru might have overreacted a bit, but you still need to be more considerate of her feelings. You are her girlfriend, after all.”

“I know. Thanks for listening, Takamina-san.”

“No problem. Go get some sleep, it's been a long day for you.”

“Good night.”

“Good night,” came the reply. “And Yui?”

“Yes?”

“I hope you guys resolve this soon.”

“Me too.”

Yui stepped quietly through the dark hallway, gazing at the pictures of AKB members on the walls. In the privacy of the guest room, she took out her phone. No new messages. Sighing, she dialed the number of another friend.

“Sayaka? It's Yui. Remember that mail woman costume you wore last Halloween?”

“Yeah, what about it?”

“I need to borrow it. Can I come by tomorrow?”

“Sure, but why?”

“I'll explain later, see you tomorrow.”

She tossed her phone onto the bed and rubbed her tired eyes. Already, a plan on reclaiming Paru’s love was forming. Yui had a lot of work to do tomorrow.