Sunday

Mail on Sunday (YuiParu)

Sunday:

Yui awoke to the beeping of her phone. She made a lazy grab, wondering who had texted her so early on the weekends. Rubbing the sleep out of her bleary eyes, Yui froze when she saw Paru’s name flashing on her screen. Below, a concise message read:

“Hey. Sorry about the other day. Can we talk?”

Yui chuckled; the salty girl had never been one for words. She typed out a brief message before getting of bed: “Sure.”

 



“Takamina-san, I’m going out!” Yui slipped the letter she had written last night into her bag and ran out. She practically skipped out of the cab and up the stairs to Paru’s apartment. Ringing the doorbell, she ran a careful hand across the buttons and pockets of her mailman shorts. Within a minute, the door opened, revealing Shimazaki Haruka.

“That was fast. You didn’t have to come over, you know.” The tsundere girl said nonchalantly. Yui grinned and held up her letter.

“I had to deliver this.” 

“I didn’t read any of the other ones.”

“That’s fine. I’ll just read this one out loud.” Yui opened up her letter, and proceeded to narrate the contents.

“To my beloved Haruka,

I’m sorry I made you mad. I knew that you wouldn’t be happy if I went out with Ricchan, yet I still went anyways. I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking straight. If you would give me another chance, I swear that I’ll never do that again, not without your permission. This past week without you has been hell for me, Paru. I miss you. I miss you so much.” At this point, Yui’s voice began to crack and tears splattered on the paper. Haruka looked away, trying to conceal the tears that were welling up in her own eyes.

“Please, I beg you, forgive me. I want to be with you. I want to make you laugh, to prove that you, and you only, are the one I love. I don’t care about Ricchan, I want you. A life without you is not something I could stand. Please, let me love you again. I was an idiot to let you go like that. I’ll prove my love for you, if only you’ll let me. I want to be with you again. 
    If you don’t want to, I understand. I don’t deserve you. However, I’m hoping that’s not the case. No matter what, Paru, please know that I love you.

Forever yours,
Yokoyama Yui.”

Yui concluded her letter and looked up at the love of her life. She was crying. Haruka, who rarely showed emotion, was crying. Haruka, sensing that Yui had finished, defiantly wiped her eyes. It smeared her eyeliner, but who cared. She jumped into Yui’s arms, glad to return to the warmth that she had been missing. 

“Of course I forgive you, you idiot.” Haruka mumbled. “I missed you too.”

Yui, shocked at Haruka’s sudden actions, wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, who muttered something incomprehensible into the crook of her neck. She smiled and felt her spirits soar. The two stood there for a good five minutes, locked in an embrace, before Haruka interrupted the silence.

“Yui, your mailman suit is ruining the moment.”

“What? But I’m delivering mail. This is important.”

“Mail doesn’t get delivered on Sundays though.”

“This is express mail. I deliver immediately and at all times, just for you, Paru.” Yui countered proudly. Haruka rolled her eyes, but smiled inwardly to herself. It was a relief to have her idiotic girlfriend back, even if she was dressed as a mailman who delivered mail on Sunday.

THE END THANKS FOR READING