Kai And Kyungsoo

Surreptitious

Baekhyun was hanging out at Chanyeol's house. Kyungsoo was making tea and Luhan was nowhere to be seen. "Do you get cold during winter?" Baekhyun asks Chanyeol, who gave him a confused look. "Of course I do. I can't stand the cold." Chanyeol told him. "The thing is, if you're cold, can't you just wrap fire around your body?" Baekhyun wondered. "What? It doesn't work like that. To survive the cold, I'd have to raise my body temperature enough." Chanyeol explained. "Then can't you do that?" Baekhyun asks. "I can't control my body temperature yet." Chanyeol told him. "So, can you learn how to?" Baekhyun questioned. "I don't know, Baekhyun. Probably." Chanyeol answered him. "Am I asking too much questions? I'm just curious." Baekhyun said. "No, it's fine. I understand." Chanyeol assured him. "I'm getting annoyed." Kyungsoo said. Chanyeol and Baekhyun exchanged glances. "Hey, Chanyeol? Why don't you just use your fire to heat the tea?" Baekhyun asks him. "Kyungsoo says that's cheating." Chanyeol tells him. "So, using your powers is cheating? When can you use them fairly?" Baekhyun asks. "Well, probably never." Chanyeol says. "Then what's the point of having them? How did you get them in the first place?" Suddenly Kyungsoo yells and throws the kettle on the ground, breaking the floor. Baekhyun and Chanyeol widen their eyes at the mess. Kyungsoo tries to calm down. "Sorry...I did tell you that you were being annoying though..." Kyungsoo apologized, feeling embarrassed. Baekhyun was still staring at the broken floor. He slowly looked up at a blushing Kyungsoo. "That...is so cool!" Baekhyun's shocked face turned into a happy one. Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun, who was now talking about how cool Kyungsoo's power is. Luhan then comes in and widens his eyes when he almost steps on a piece of the floor that flew to the door. He looked up and saw an annoyed Chanyeol, a happy Baekhyun, and an embarrassed Kyungsoo. Understanding the situation, he knitted his eyebrows. "I'm not paying this time." He let them know. "I'll pay." Kyungsoo said, trying not to step on anything while leaving. "I know Kai would die to have this power." Baekhyun said, still giddy. "Kai?" Luhan asked, trying to make his way to the fridge. "My friend." Baekhyun let him know. "Why would he want the power to destroy the world?" Luhan asked. "Huh?" Baekhyun asked. "That's what I think he's doing sometimes." Luhan said, referring to Kyungsoo. "Well, my friend Kai is always getting into fights. I think he just likes inflicting pain on others." Baekhyun said. "That is like Kyungsoo. Well, Kyungsoo used to get into fights. He tries his best to hide his power. I still think he wants to destroy the world though." Luhan shrugged. "Kai should definitely meet Kyungsoo. But like, in an anonymous way. Without either of them knowing we set them up." Baekhyun said. "I can get him to switch to our school if Luhan does it too." Chanyeol said, looking at Luhan. "Sure!" Luhan shrugged. Kyungsoo then came back and sat with them. "The repair man will be here soon." He let them know. "Hey, Kyungsoo, how do you feel about coming to our school?" Chanyeol asked him. "Why?" Kyungsoo asked. "Well, Luhan's changing so we thought you wouldn't want to be alone." Chanyeol said. "Why are you changing?" Kyungsoo asked him. "Well, since meeting Baekhyun, I've grown an attachment to him." Luhan said, wrapping an arm around Baekhyun. "Okay, Sure." Kyungsoo agreed. "Okay, then I'll ask for someone to come sign you up." Chanyeol said, before texting someone. "Get Yoona noona!" Luhan told him. "Why do you want Yoona?" Chanyeol asked him. "Don't you? I mean, why not?" Luhan said. "I'm not going to ask for a specific someone. Oh, Siwon is coming." Chanyeol told him, while looking at his phone. "I bet he asked to come." Luhan said. "Do Yoona and Siwon have powers too?" Baekhyun asked. "Yeah. Everyone we know and talk to have abilities too." Chanyeol let him know. "What's their powers?" Baekhyun asked. "Yoona can enchant people." Chanyeol told him. "Siwon...well, he likes to show people himself." Kyungsoo told him. "Wait, Yoona can enchant people? Did she enchant Luhan?" Baekhyun jokingly wondered, making Luhan glare at him. "No. If she enchanted someone, he'd be more obsessed." He explained. "Anyway, we'll be at school earlier than usual so they can get signed up. You can come too." Chanyeol told him. "Yeah, I want to meet Siwon." Baekhyun said.

 

The next day, Baekhyun was on his way to school, an hour earlier than usual. He didn't want to keep them waiting so he ran there. When he made it to the entrance, he saw them. "Hi, Chanyeol." Baekhyun greeted. Chanyeol smiled at him before the tallest guy turned around and looked at Baekhyun. "You must be Baekhyun." He said, giving him his hand to shake. "How do you know?" Baekhyun wondered, shaking his hand. "Well, you're famous." He told him. "I am?" Baekhyun thought. "Yeah, remember? I told you the only people who know about us are others like us and our families." Chanyeol reminded him. "Oh, so I'm the only outsider?" Baekhyun asked, looking down in thought. "That's so cool!" He said smiling at them. Siwon smiled at him before being asked a question. "So, what's your super power?" Baekhyun asked him. "Super power?" Siwon laughed. "Yeah. You have one, don't you?" Baekhyun asked. "Of course." Siwon said. "What is it?" Baekhyun asked again. Siwon laughed and winked at him. Baekhyun felt his eyes become heavier as he started to fall asleep. Luhan quickly caught him before he fell. "By the way, why are you wearing a fake moustache?" Kyungsoo asked him. "To look more mature." Siwon explained. "Are we supposed to carry him now?" Luhan asked. "I'll wake him up." Chanyeol said, putting his hand on Baekhyun's arm until he woke up with a whine. "Oww~! Chanyeol!" He yelled. "Sorry, I had to wake you up." He told him. "Wake me up?" Baekhyun repeated. "Yeah, he put you to sleep." Baekhyun looked up at a smiling Siwon and understood everything. "So that's your power." He nodded to himself, not looking pleased.

 

They walked to the door of the principal’s office. "Okay, I'm going to sign them up now." Siwon said before he entered the room with Luhan and Kyungsoo. Chanyeol and Baekhyun decided to take a walk while waiting. A few seconds into walking, Baekhyun reached out his hand to touch Chanyeol, who immediately reacted. "Sorry, I guess I'm just so used to it. Why do you wanna touch me?" Chanyeol asked. "I just wanna feel it." Baekhyun said, putting his hand on Chanyeol's arm. "It's not that hot, it's a nice feeling." Baekhyun said, still touching it. Baekhyun then wrapped his arms around Chanyeol's. After only a few seconds, he retracted them. "Ah!" He winced at the pain. "Sorry, my body temperature rose up." Chanyeol apologized. "I'm fine." Baekhyun let him know. "I just wanted to hug you..." He said. "Well, you can't." Chanyeol told him. "Have you ever been hugged?" Baekhyun asked him. Chanyeol looked down and shook his head. "Really? Not even by your mom?" Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol looked more upset at that. "S-sorry! I don't mean to upset you, it's just..." Baekhyun started. "It's fine. My mother gave me up. She couldn't touch me at all." Chanyeol explained. "She gave you up? How could she live with that?" Baekhyun wondered. "She doesn't know." Chanyeol told him. "What?" Baekhyun wondered. "They erased her memories. She doesn't even know she ever had a son. They had to, she was going crazy." Chanyeol said. "I'm sorry." Baekhyun apologized. "It's fine, you didn't know." Chanyeol assured. "What about your dad?" Baekhyun wondered. "He knows about me." Chanyeol said. "That must be hard." Baekhyun thought. "It's okay. I talk to my mom sometimes. To her, I'm just the son of one of my dad's coworkers. My dad gives me a short nod sometimes. I know it doesn't seem like much but to me, it means everything." Chanyeol said. They walked in silence for a few minutes. "I don't have any parents." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol looked at him. "Really?" He wondered and Baekhyun nodded. "I lost my dad at a young age, so I don't really remember him that much. My mom got in a car accident almost a year ago." Baekhyun told him. "I'm sorry." Chanyeol told him but he shook his head. After a few seconds of silence, Chanyeol realized Baekhyun had been crying. "Baekhyun?" Chanyeol called. "I hate thinking about it." Baekhyun told him, wiping his tears. "Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun nodded, still trying to wipe his never-ending tears. "Let's go back." Chanyeol said and they turned around. When they were almost there, they saw them exiting the office. "All done?" Chanyeol asked them. Siwon was smiling proudly. "Okay, cool. You can go home now." Luhan told him. "That's not very nice." Siwon pouted. "We don't want you here." Kyungsoo told him. "You're going to make me cry." He whined jokingly, as he started to leave. Everyone, minus Baekhyun, shares a collective sigh. "Let's meet my friends now!" Baekhyun exclaimed. "I want to go and find my class." Kyungsoo said. "You can do that later." Baekhyun told him. "I can meet your friends later." He said, walking away. "I want to meet your friends!" Luhan told Baekhyun, making him smile again. When they started walking, Luhan went to whisper to Chanyeol, making sure Baekhyun could hear. "I actually don't!" Baekhyun glared at him because he knew he did it on purpose. "I'm kidding!" Luhan told him.

 

"Hey, guys!" Baekhyun greeted his friends when he saw them. Sehun smiled at him and Kai glared at the people behind him. "What's up with him?" Luhan wondered about Kai. "That's Kai." Baekhyun let him know. "Ah." Luhan answered, understanding. "He's Sehun." Baekhyun told them. Sehun waved at them. Luhan inspected him. "This is Luhan." He told his friends. "Why do you keep bringing more people?" Kai asked him. "What do you mean? Luhan is Chanyeol's friend." Baekhyun said and Kai shook his head. 

 

Later, they met up during lunch. "You will not believe who is in my class." Kyungsoo told Chanyeol and Luhan. "Who?" Luhan wondered. "Chen." He said with a low tone. They both widened their eyes and Luhan had his mouth open. "What, really?" Luhan asked and Kyungsoo nodded. "Who's Chen?" Baekhyun wondered. "A friend of ours." Chanyeol told Baekhyun. "Oh!" Baekhyun nodded in understanding. "I'll tell you later." Baekhyun nodded again. "Where are your friends?" Luhan wondered. "Kai doesn't want to sit with you." Baekhyun told him. "How nice." Luhan joked. "Are we gonna ignore him?" Kyungsoo wondered. "No, we'll talk to him. I can't believe I never knew he was in our school." Chanyeol said. "Let's go find him now." Luhan said. "Can I come? Or will it be awkward?" Baekhyun wondered. "I don't think he knows you." Chanyeol said. "Okay, I'll go look for my friends." Baekhyun said.

 

They found him outside, playing with other kids. "Chen!" They called out. The said boy gasped as soon as he heard that name. He turned around and widened his eyes at the sight. "What are you doing?" Chanyeol wondered. "Do I know you?" The boy asked, sounding rather awkward. "Don't play dumb, Chen." Luhan told him. "Hey, Jongdae! Who are you talking to?" Someone wondered. "Jongdae?" Luhan repeated. "Yeah, that's my name." He told them. "What?" Chanyeol asked. "Look. I don't know who you people are. Can you just leave me alone?" Chen asked them. "Chen!" Luhan whined. "What's a Chen?" Chen's friend wondered, earning a shrug. "Why is he acting so weird?" Chanyeol wondered. "We need to talk to him when he's alone." Kyungsoo told them.

 

Classes were about to start and they were looking for Chen again. All of a sudden, Kyungsoo bumps into someone. "Watch where you're going!" The person yells. Chanyeol and Luhan recognize Kai and Sehun. Sehun looked at them apologetically while Kai chewed Kyungsoo off. They left because they needed to find Chen before the bell rung. They went to Kyungsoo's class and saw him sitting at his desk. They went up to him and he looked at them with annoyed eyes. "Ugh, what do you guys want?" He asked. "Follow us." Chanyeol told him. "What, no!" He said. "Follow us or we'll take you." Chanyeol clarified. "You can't make me." He said. Luhan grabbed him and picked him up, despite his yells. "Put me down!" They walked out of the class and took him to a secluded area. "What are we doing here? What are you gonna do?" He asked them. "Chen." Chanyeol called. "That's not my name, it's not me." He told them. "Yes it is." Chanyeol told him. "No, it's not!" Chen countered. "Just explain what's going on." Chanyeol told him. "There's nothing to explain!" He told them. "Chanyeol, maybe he forgot." Luhan suggested. Chanyeol emitted a flame from his hand and examined Chen's reaction. He didn't look shocked, just scared. "What is this?" Chanyeol asked. "Just what it looks like, it's fire!" Chen told him. "Doesn't it bother you that there's fire coming out of my hand?" Chanyeol asked him and noticed his expression become serious. "Yes it bothers me. Of course it bothers me! A normal person shouldn't be able to do that! It's disgusting! I can't even look at you! How can you live with yourself!? Doesn't it hurt you? It probably does but you don't care because you're a monster! That's right, a monster! Only a monster can do such things! I hate you, I hate you!" Chen yelled loudly. When he stopped, there were tears and he was breathing heavily. Chanyeol and Luhan widened their eyes and watched him run away. "Wow..." Luhan expressed. "What was that all about?" He wondered. Chanyeol sighed. "I think he's channeling all the hate he's felt on to me." He explained. "Wow, so people hated him?" Luhan wondered. "Probably. I mean you know what his power is, Lighting. It's a pretty shocking power. It's very dangerous too." Luhan nodded.

 

After school, they all met up. Kai and Kyungsoo seemed to be having a staring contest, since they wouldn't stop glaring at each other. Sehun was worriedly watching them as the rest were having a conversation. "So what happened with Chen?" Baekhyun wondered. "We got in a little bit of trouble." Chanyeol told him. "We can't even explain what happened, it was so confusing. I don't even completely know what happened." Luhan told him.  "What happened with them?" Baekhyun asked, pointing to Kai and Kyungsoo. "They bumped into each other earlier." Luhan told him. "That's it?" Baekhyun said. "Yeah, that's it. Then this guy decides to yell at me as if it was my fault!" Kyungsoo said. "Of course it was your fault! Don't you watch where you're going?" Kai told him. "What about you? Don't you open your eyes at all?" Kyungsoo asked him. "What is that supposed to mean?" Kai asked him. "Oh, I think you know exactly what that means!" Baekhyun and Chanyeol shook their heads. "Kai, stop this." Baekhyun told him. "Kyungsoo, you're being ridiculous." Chanyeol said. "Apologize for yelling at him." Baekhyun told Kai. "I'll apologize for yelling if he apologizes for bumping into me." Kai told them. "Kyungsoo." Chanyeol called. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "I'm sorry." They all looked at Kai. "What?" He asked. "It's your turn." Baekhyun let him know. "I'm not apologizing." Kai said, aggravating Kyungsoo. Chanyeol tried to calm him down and Kai chuckled. "Kai, that's unfair." Baekhyun told him. "Bumping into me is unfair." He shrugged. "Clearly, this was a mistake." Baekhyun told Chanyeol who agreed.

 

Kai and Sehun went home. Baekhyun went with Chanyeol, Luhan and Kyungsoo to their house. "So, how long you staying for?" Baekhyun asked Luhan. "Hmm?" Luhan wondered. "Chanyeol told me you came to visit." Baekhyun explained. "Oh, yeah. I did. I guess I just don't want to leave." Luhan joked. "Where do you live then?" Baekhyun wondered. "Well, there's like a village where we all came from. I live there." Luhan told him. "Cool, so everyone there knows about your super powers?" Baekhyun asked and Luhan laughed. "I guess so." Chanyeol came in. "So, plan failed." He told them, referring to their plan to get Kai and Kyungsoo together. "They're so similar. I don't get it." Baekhyun said. "Maybe that's it. Maybe they're too similar." Luhan suggested. "How?" Baekhyun wondered. "Well, they're both really mean and can get mad easily." Chanyeol said. "Oh, so they just get mad at each other. I don't know how I thought that would work." Baekhyun said. "Whatever, we tried. Can't make Kyungsoo happy is what we learned from this." Luhan shrugged. "Why can't you make me happy?" Kyungsoo wondered, entering the living room. "Cuz you're grumpy all the time." Luhan told him. "Not all the time." Kyungsoo said. "The only time you're not grumpy is...when?" Luhan wondered. “When no one is bothering me." He told him. "Are you happy now?" He asked. "No, I'm still mad at his friend." He said, pointing to Baekhyun. "Oh, yeah! Tell me about Chen!" Baekhyun said. "Chen can control lightning." Chanyeol told him. "Wow! That's awesome!" Baekhyun said. "Yeah, but he never did. I never saw him use it." Luhan said. "How do you know, then?" Baekhyun wondered. "The adults told us when we were kids. Every Time they saw him, they would say something about him. We don't know much about him because he never really talked but, he was our age so we saw him a lot." Chanyeol told him. "So what happened in school?" Baekhyun inquired. "He pretended not to know anything." Chanyeol said. "How do you know he was pretending? Maybe someone erased his memory?" Baekhyun thought. "Well, people with special abilities aren't really allowed to forget about them." Chanyeol told him. "Also, he was saying some weird stuff." Luhan said. "Like what?" Baekhyun asked. "Like, I showed him my fire to see if he really did forget, and he started mocking me. I don't think he was really mocking me, though." Chanyeol said. "I wonder what he's been through." Baekhyun thought.