Tour Of The Village

Surreptitious

As Chanyeol was closing the door, Baekhyun thought of something. "What can Kris do?" He asked. "What does that mean?" Kris asked him. "What's your power?" Baekhyun said. "Oh." He said before smirking. He lifted his feet off the ground and watched in amusement as Baekhyun's eyes widened. "You can fly!" Baekhyun said, pointing at him. "Cool, right?" Kris asked. "Very cool!" Baekhyun told him. "Did you forget about Chen?" Chanyeol reminded him. "Oh, right!" They started walking, except Kris who floated.

 

When they made it to the village, Kris tried to lead them to where he saw Chen. "This village looks pretty normal." Baekhyun noticed. "What do you mean by that?" Chanyeol asked him. "I expected it to look like those villages in movies. With really old buildings, and people walking around, using their powers, without thought." Baekhyun said. "I don't know what you're talking about." Kris said. "Well, this village has a lot of normal people in it too." Chanyeol told him. "Really? Even some who don't know about your power?" Baekhyun asked. "No. Everyone here knows. This village was built for us." Chanyeol explained. "Oh, okay." Baekhyun said. "I saw those ladies talking to Chen." Kris told them. "Excuse me." Chanyeol called them. "Is that Chanyeol? It is! Oh it's been so long!" They were heard saying. "Chanyeol, how are you, dear?" One of them asked. "I'm fine." He answered. "Oh, we missed you! Why did you stop coming by for visits?" Another asked. "I guess I've been a little busy..." He told them. "It doesn't matter! You're here now!" Another told him. "Who's this?" One asked. "He's my friend. His name is Baekhyun." Chanyeol said. "He's not from here, is he?" One of them asked. "No, but he knows." Chanyeol said. "The Queen must trust him for a reason." One said. "He's very cute! Would you let me take a picture of you?" One of them asked. "Uhh, we're really busy." Chanyeol said, standing in front of him. "Nonsense. My granddaughter would like to see him." She said. "Look, we came here to ask a question. We don't have time for this." Kris interrupted them. "What is your question?" She asked. "Where did Chen go, after talking with you?" Kris asked. "Well, we don't know. He didn't tell us." She said. "Come here for that picture!" The other one said. Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's arm and led him away. "Like, we said, we're really busy!" He said before leaving. "Chanyeol!" Baekhyun yelled at him. Chanyeol didn't answer and kept pulling him. "Ugh...Chanyeol! Let go of my arm!" Baekhyun yelled at him. "Chanyeol, you're burning him." Kris told him. Chanyeol widened his eyes and immediately retracted his hand. "I'm so sorry! I forgot!" He apologized. Baekhyun was staring at his red arm. "Why did you pull me away?" He asked. "Well, if I didn't, we would have wasted an incredible amount of time." He explained. "They just wanted one picture!" Baekhyun said. "They say one, but they won't stop." Chanyeol told him. "Well, was it worth burning my arm?" Baekhyun asked him. "No... I forgot, okay?" Chanyeol said. "How can you forget in such a moment but, when your friend is lost, you immediately remember?" Baekhyun asked him. "It's different." Chanyeol said. "No, it's not. You only remember when you want to. We thought Jongdae was in trouble, but you didn't care. The only reason you took me away is because you didn't want to waste time? How selfish of you." Baekhyun said before turning away and continuing his walk. Kris looked at them for a few seconds before going over to Baekhyun, so he can help him around the village. Chanyeol stood there, repeating the conversation in his mind. When he turned around, he couldn't see them. It felt like seconds but it must've been minutes.

 

"This is basically where all the orphans live. If he's not in here, then the Queen gave him his own place." Kris said before he and Baekhyun entered the house. There were a few kids running around and playing. "Hello?" Kris called out. "Is someone there?" A girl called back while walking down the stairs. "Oh, hi Kris!" She greeted him and walked over to them. "Sorry about the mess, we haven't cleaned up after the kids yet. Oh, who's this?" She asked. "My name is Baekhyun." He told her. "Oh, it's nice to meet you! Call me Choa." She gave him her hand and they shook hands. "So, is Chen here?" Kris asked her. "Chen? That poor boy who ran away 6 years ago?" She asked. "6 years?" Baekhyun muttered under his breath. "Yes, that's the one." Kris told her. "Sorry. He never came here. I don't know where he is." She told him. "Oh, that's fine, we'll look elsewhere." Baekhyun said. "I hope you find him. I think he's supposed to be here." She said. "Okay. We'll let him know." He said and they left.

 

Chanyeol went straight to the Queen. "Hello, Chanyeol. It's been a while." She greeted him. He walked to the centre of the room and bowed to her. "Hello, Mama. Is Chen in the village?" He asked her. "Are you looking for him?" She asked. "Baekhyun is worried. They're good friends." He told her. "I see. He might be in the village. He might have left." She told him. "Did you give him a place to stay?" Chanyeol asked her. "He is too young to live on his own. He should stay in that house. I think he knows this." She said.

 

Chanyeol decided to go to the house where orphans stay to see if Chen was there. He went inside and saw Choa cleaning a table. "How many times do I have to tell you, Jesper? Stop colouring on the table." He heard her say. He walked up to her. "Hey, Choa? Is Chen here?" He asked her. "Oh, hey Chanyeol. It's been a while. Weird, Kris and Baekhyun asked me the same question." She said. "Oh, they already came here?" He asked. "If you're all looking for him, why not travel together?" She asked. "Uh, something happened. Don't worry about it. Do you know where he is?" Chanyeol asked her. "No. He didn't come here yet. He should, though." She told him. "Okay, I'll tell him if I see him." Chanyeol told her. "No. It seems Kris and Baekhyun will find him first." She let him know. "You don't know that." Chanyeol said. "I think it." She shrugged before hearing the sound of glass breaking followed by a girl screaming. "I'm coming, Lauren! Don't move!" She yelled as she ran to the kitchen.

 

Meanwhile, Chen was panicking. He went to his forest to grab his stuff, but he couldn't find them. "Pinku!" He yelled as if his stuffed toy could hear him. He didn't care about the pillow, he didn't care about the blanket, and he didn't care about his clothes. If Pinku was missing, a part of him was missing. He didn't know what else to do, so he just laid down on his side and hugged his knees.

 

Kris and Baekhyun were sitting on a random house's porch. They couldn't find Chen anywhere. After a while of them sitting there, Chanyeol found them. Baekhyun didn't see him because he was staring at the floor. "Any luck?" Kris asked him, making Baekhyun look up. Chanyeol shook his head. "Chanyeol." Baekhyun called him. Chanyeol looked at him. "I'm sorry." Baekhyun apologized. "Don't be." Chanyeol said. "I didn't mean to get mad at you, I was just worried we wouldn't find Jongdae." He explained. "I know. There's nothing to apologize for. You're right. I was being selfish." Chanyeol admits. "You don't have to say that." Baekhyun said. "Yes, I do. Because it's true." Chanyeol told him. "Where do we look now?" Kris interrupted them. They both looked at him. "I'm sick of you guys having your moments." He told them. Baekhyun blushed at that, still feeling guilty. "He's not in the house, he's nowhere in the village." Kris reminded them. "He must be somewhere we don't know about." Chanyeol said. "Like where he lives? We don't know where that is." Baekhyun said. "Baekhyun, Chen lives in the forest." Chanyeol told him. "What?" Baekhyun widened his eyes. "There's no way." Baekhyun said. "I'll prove it to you. When we were in the forest earlier, the real reason I was lingering around that hole is because I found his stuff there. I put them in my bag." Chanyeol told him. "I don't believe you!" Baekhyun stood up. "Let's go home right now, I'll show you." Chanyeol told him.

 

When they made it home, Chanyeol got his bag and took out Chen's bag and put it on the table. Baekhyun eyed the bag and then Chanyeol. "That's Chen's bag." Chanyeol told him. "No." Baekhyun said. "It is." Chanyeol said. "Stop lying!" Baekhyun yelled. "I'm not lying." Chanyeol told him. Luhan came in the living room to see what all the yelling was about. "What's going on here?" He asked. "Chen lives in a forest." Chanyeol told him. "No, he doesn't!" Baekhyun yelled again. "Well, where else would he live?" Luhan said. "No, I won't believe it!" Baekhyun said. Kris then came in. He was asked to go checkout the forest. "Did you find him?" Chanyeol asked. "Uh, yeah." He said. "Really!?" Baekhyun asked. "But, he's acting weird." Kris told them. "Oh my god!" Baekhyun yelled and ran out. Chanyeol ran after him. Kris followed after them.

 

Baekhyun ran all the way to the tree with the hole. He saw Chen lying in front of it, in a knee hugging position. "Jongdae!" He yelled. Chanyeol and Kris came then. "See? He's...weird." Kris told them. "Jongdae, what happened!?" Baekhyun asked, sitting next to him. Chen didn't answer, and he looked terrified. "You're not, by chance, upset because your stuff are missing, are you?" Chanyeol asked. At that, Chen's eyes looked up. "Why?" He asked. "I took them." At that, Chen got up and stood extremely close to Chanyeol with an angry face. "Why would you do that!?" He asked him. "Well, leaving your stuff in the forest alone isn't safe, you know?" He said. Chen punched Chanyeol, emitting a shock. "Ow!" Chanyeol exclaimed, putting his hand on the hurt area. "Jongdae!" Baekhyun yelled, standing up. "It's so that you would tell me why you're staying here." Chanyeol admit. Chen punched him again, this time with a bigger spark. Chanyeol winced in pain again. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chen, to stop him from punching Chanyeol. "Jongdae, stop! Violence doesn't solve anything!" He told him. "You could have asked me normally instead of stealing my stuff!" Chen yelled. "If I did that, you would have lied. With the stuff, I have proof." Chanyeol explained. "Even with the proof, I'm still going to lie!" Chen told him. "Baekhyun, do you believe me, now?" Chanyeol asked him. "What?" Baekhyun asked. "The stuff really is his." Chanyeol said. "What are you talking about?" Chen asked. "Jongdae...have you been sleeping in this forest?" Baekhyun asked him. Jongdae froze at that before forcing himself out of Baekhyun's grip by emitting more lightning, and running away. Baekhyun winced at the pain and Chanyeol checked to make sure he was okay. "You should be in more pain than me." Baekhyun told him. "No. I'm fire, remember? My body is used to this." Chanyeol reminded him. "We need to follow Jongdae again." Baekhyun said, still visibly in pain. "Your hands." Chanyeol said. "I'm fine." He assured him before running in the direction Chen ran in.

 

Chen ran to Chanyeol's house. He went inside and ran into Chanyeol's room without sparing a glance anywhere else. "Was that Chen?" Luhan asked Kyungsoo, who shrugged. Eventually, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kris made it. "Where's Jongdae?" Baekhyun asked Luhan. "Well, I'm pretty sure I heard him scream a few minutes ago. So, maybe you don't want to face him." Luhan warned them. "Luhan, where is Jongdae?" Baekhyun repeated. "Chanyeol's room." He said, clearly defeated. Baekhyun ran upstairs. Chanyeol and Kris decided not to follow. Chanyeol went to the living room where Chen's bag was.

 

Baekhyun went inside Chanyeol's room and widened his eyes as soon as he saw it. It looked like a tornado had encountered it. Chen was sitting in the corner. "Jongdae?" He called out slowly. "Go away!" He yelled. "Please. I want to help you." Baekhyun told him. "You can't!" He yelled again. "What are you looking for?" Baekhyun persisted. Instead of a response, Baekhyun heard crying. "Jongdae?" He tried walking closer. "I said go away!" Chen turned around and another spark of energy came out of his hand. Baekhyun got the message after getting shocked twice and left. Chen just stared at the door with wide, tearful eyes.

 

Baekhyun came downstairs and walked into the living room. Chanyeol immediately stood up when he saw Baekhyun walking in with tears. "What happened?" He asked him. Baekhyun sat on the couch and didn't say anything until he calmed down. "Why did you steal it?" Baekhyun asked him. "I thought he wouldn't answer me otherwise." He said. "Look what you did. My skin is burning." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol felt extremely bad.

 

Chen came down the stairs after probably an hour. He saw Baekhyun sitting on the couch and walked to him. "Baekhyun...?" He called slowly. Baekhyun looked up. "I'm sorry." He apologized. Baekhyun got up and hugged him. Chen was reluctant to hug him back. "Aren't you mad at me?" He asked. "Why would I be mad at you?" Baekhyun asked. "I shocked you twice..." He reminded him. "It's not your fault. I know you were angry." Baekhyun assured him. "Thanks." Chen hugged him back. After a few seconds, Chen pulled away. "I don't want to shock you again..." He said. Baekhyun smiled at that. Chanyeol came in, holding Chen's bag. Chen locked eyes with the bag. "Sorry, Chen." Chanyeol apologized, handing him the bag. Chen immediately grabbed it, opened it, took out Pinku, threw the bag on the floor, and hugged his doll. Baekhyun smiled at him while Chanyeol gave him a weird look. "Oh! How can I forget? Baekhyun, come to the village with me." Chen said. "Why?" Baekhyun asked. "So, you don't have to suffer anymore." He said, grabbing Baekhyun's hand and taking him outside.

 

Chen took Baekhyun all the way to the village before realizing they were holding hands. He immediately retracted his hand and started shyly fiddling with his doll. "Jongdae." Baekhyun called him. Chen looked up. "Why did you stay in that forest?" He asked. Chen stopped walking. Baekhyun realized and went back to stand in front of him. "I didn't want you to know." He said, embarrassed. "Why not? If I knew, I would have made sure you stayed at my house the whole time." Baekhyun let him know. "I know." Chen said. "Then, why didn't you tell me?" Baekhyun asked. "I just didn't want you to know. I didn't want anyone to know." He said. "You're an idiot! I could have helped you!" Baekhyun yelled at him. "I know..." Chen said. Baekhyun sighed. "Where did you want to take me?" Baekhyun asked. Chen suddenly lit up, grabbed Baekhyun's arm and ran to the centre of the village.

 

When they were at the front door, he stopped. "By the way, the Queen will be here. So, please respect her." Chen told him. "Woah, you brought me to meet your Queen? I don't think I'm ready!" Baekhyun said. "Relax, Baekkie. The Queen will help you. Besides, it's about time you meet her, right?" Chen assured him. "Did you just call me Baekkie?" Baekhyun asked him. "Uh, sorry." Chen said, and fiddled with his doll again. "No. It's just that, you used to always call me that. I miss it." Baekhyun said. "I missed you, Baekkie." Chen told him. Suddenly they heard someone talk from the inside. "Who's there?" They heard a manly voice ask. "Uh, we just wanted to see the Queen." Chen told him. "Why are you hanging out in front of the door?" He asked, opening it. Baekhyun and Chen smiled at him and walked inside. "She's in here, right?" Chen asked. "Yup." The guy answered. They went inside two more doors before being in the same room as the Queen. Chen walked in casually but Baekhyun was really nervous. "Hello, Chen." The Queen greeted. When they were in the middle of the room, Chen signaled Baekhyun to bow before bowing himself. "Mama, would it be possible to heal Baekhyun?" Chen asked her. "So, this is Baekhyun. The infamous Stalker." She joked. Baekhyun was staring at her in fear before Chen elbowed him to let him know it was joke, so he started to laugh nervously. "Lose the tension, child. There is nothing to be nervous about." She assured him. He smiled, still nervously, at her. "You wanted to heal him, correct?" She asked. "Yes, that's right." Chen said. She told one of her guards to call someone in. The innocent boy who led Chen to the Queen that day came out. He bowed to the Queen. "Baekhyun, this is Yixing." The Queen introduced them. "Hi." Baekhyun greeted him nervously. The boy laughed cutely at him. "Why are you so shy?" He asked. Baekhyun blushed and looked at Chen, who was also laughing. "Yixing, please assist him." The Queen told him. He nodded to her before walking closer to Baekhyun. "Where are you hurt?" He asked him. "Um well, my arms, my hands, and here." He said motioning his whole torso. Chen wanted to laugh at his cuteness but couldn't because he was the cause of this. "You're burnt in a lot of places." Yixing noticed. "Uh, yeah..." Baekhyun said as Yixing grabbed Baekhyun's hands and made them face him. He then put his hands on Baekhyun's hands. Baekhyun was blushing from the intimacy of the stranger. Chen found it amusing, but still couldn't bring himself to laugh. When Yixing finished the hands, Baekhyun almost smacked him since he pulled them up really fast to look at them. "Oh my god! What happened!?" Baekhyun asked in shock. "He healed you." Chen told him. "Oh...oh. OH. Is that your power?" Baekhyun asked and Yixing smiled innocently at him. "Cool..." He said in total amazement as Yixing proceeded to heal his arms. When Yixing finished the arms, Baekhyun flailed them around like an idiot. "Oh my god, you did it!" He exclaimed. Yixing continued to smile and put his hands on Baekhyun's chest to heal it. When Baekhyun was completely healed, he hugged himself. "I don't feel a thing! Actually, I feel better than before I got burned!" Baekhyun said. "Can I hug you?" Baekhyun asked Yixing, who was still smiling. Baekhyun took that as a yes and hugged him tightly.