I Am Here

The Blue Eyed Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was like the corridor had no end. We were walking and walking and walking and nothing. We didn’t hear anything either.

“I hope Irene is okay.”  Joy murmured, hugging Yeri tighter to her chest.

“Yeah, me too.”  I replied. Irene, where are you?

This is strange. Where are they? It’s like they vanished. We have been walking for half an hour now and there is no trace of them.

Suddenly we saw a flickering light coming from I suppose the end of the corridor. We entered one big room with two corridors in front of us.

“What will we do now, Seulgi?” Joy faced me.  “Which one should we choose?”

“I don’t know.” I gritted my teeth. And I thought it couldn’t get harder. “Left”  I faced the corridor which was on my left side “or right?” then I looked at the other one. Think, Seulgi, think. The chance is fifty-fifty. I am not planning to take a risk.

“Damn it!” I shouted. Joy stayed silent for a while, then sighed.

“Maybe we should split up.” She suggested. I widened my eyes.

“What do you mean? We are not splitting up. It’s too dangerous.” I protested. We were already an easy prey and if we split up it’s like we are signing our death warrant.

“Look, I want to find Irene as much as you do and staying here doing nothing will not help us. If we split up we will be able to look in both of the corridors so there is a bigger chance to find Irene. It’s a win win situation.”  She explained. Does she even hear herself? This is crazy!

“It’s not a win win situation if one of us die, Joy.”  I shouted at her.

“If we don’t hurry up someone will die and it will be you, Seulgi. If that guy find Irene before we do they are going to kill her and you saw what happened…” She stopped, trying to calm herself. “you saw what happened to that girl.” Tears started falling from her eyes.  “I don’t want you to end up like her. I don’t want you or Irene to be hurt so I will try everything I can even if it will cost my life. In both of the cases it’s either one of us or one of them.” She clenched her fist, breathed in and out and then continued “I don’t want to separate from you too and I know it might be a really big mistake but still… I will take the risk.” She looked at Yeri. “We will take the risk.”

She had a point. Her plan is suiciding but right now that’s all we have.

“Okay, but please be careful. Both of you.”  I hugged Joy and kissed her cheek, then I patted Yeri’s head.

“Yeah, you too, Seulgi.”  Joy smiled at me. This was the warmest smile I have seen from her. I felt sad, I felt like I will never see her again and this was one big goodbye. My eyes started to fill with tears so I turned around and I headed towards the right corridor waving my hand at Joy and Yeri. Take care kiddos.

“I hope Seulgi is alright.” Joy said walking together with Yeri in the left corridor. Unlike the previous corridor in which they have been, this one had way more space. From time to time she entered some big halls. Some of them ruined, some of them looking like they were built in Ancient Greek.

“Do you think we will be okay, Yeri? I mean not only us but Irene and Seulgi too.” Joy asked Yeri.

“Meow.”

“You are right. I should stop thinking about this and focus.”

“Meow.”

“Am I the only one who think Seulgi looks like a bear?”

“Meow.”

“I know right! Haha! But she is cute though.”

“Meow?”

“What? Oh, come on. You don’t think I have a crush on her, don’t you?”

“Meow..”

“Don’t be silly. I just find her cute. Nothing else and besides…”

“Meow?”

“Nevermind.”

“Meow.”

“You know, I love talking to you.”

“Meow.”

Joy and Yeri entered yet another hall. This one was a garden with benches and fountains.

“Wow, so beautiful!” Joy exclaimed, admiring the beautiful flowers in front of her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter