Separated

The Blue Eyed Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been days since we saw that horrifying scene in front of us. It left a scar in our minds. I was still hearing that girl screams over and over again. It’s like we were still there, still watching her dying. If I was afraid before, after what happened I was just petrified.

Joy was no better than me. I know she has been having nightmares. I heard her whimpering and sometimes screaming when we were staying in some ruined house to take a break from the long days we have spent searching for god knows what. It’s not like I slept well at nights but I was the older one. I felt the need to look after this girl. I had to be strong for the both of us.

Just like the last few days we were once again wandering around the streets. It’s like there was no ending. Still, there is no trace of the other 2 players. The snake girl and the silver haired guy. I would have felt so much at ease if that voice sayed that we were the only survivors and everything is over. I was asking for too much, didn‘t I?

“Seulgi! Look! There is something there!” Joy exclaimed pointing at something flashing at us from a distance. I could tell it’s not far away from us.

“What is this?” I squinted my eyes trying to focus on the flashing thing.

“I don’t know but let’s check it out.” She said.

“I don’t know about this Joy. We saw this thing so there is a big chance that the two other players saw it to. I mean there aren’t many other things that are flashing right in your eyes if you know what I mean.” I tried to persuade her not to go there.

“Seulgi, you are right but you know what? I am tired. I am tired of hiding, wandering around those streets who I suppose have no end and the most important thing is, I am tired of being afraid. I don’t want to hide anymore, I don’t want to feel scared of what will happen with me Yeri, Irene and you, Seulgi. I want this to be over, no matter if I am the one who is going to be killed or them.” She spoke with so much determination. I have never seen Joy like this. The usual charming and witty girl who was replaced with someone who would not even smile anymore was now standing in front of me with a determined look in her eyes. I proudly smiled at her. Just like I thought. She is a strong girl.

“Hello! Seulgi, are you listening to me?”  Joy waved her hands in front of my face.

“Ugh? I’m sorry. I zoned out. What did you say?”

“Are you coming with me or not?”  She looked me right in the eyes when she said it. The determination was still there but now there is something more than that. Her voice. She was pleading me. Yeri who was in Joy’s hands was looking at me with the same eyes Irene was looking when I saved Joy.

I looked at Irene who was already looking at me then once again at Joy and Yeri. I smiled bitterly. I was so pitiful. I had to be the strong one but still, I was the one who was afraid. !

“Seulgi, are you coming?” Joy asked once again.

I clenched my fists. It’s now or never Seulgi. Stop being a and man up!

“Of course, Joy! Did you think I will leave my baby alone?”  I smiled and winked at her. I felt proud of myself. I looked again at Irene to see a proud look at her eyes. I just grinned.

“Phew! For a moment I thought you would let me go by myself.”  She said while putting Yeri on the ground. She started walking towards me coming closer and closer.

“I wasn’t going to leave you alo..”  Joy interrupted me as she enveloped me in a tight hug burying her face in my neck from which I was little taken aback.

“I love you, Seulgi!” She hugged me tighter  “Don’t you ever think of leaving me.”

We stayed like this for several minutes when suddenly something bit me.

“Ouch!”  I exclaimed. Breaking the hug with Joy. “Irene!”

“I guess someone is jealous.”  Joy smirked.

“Don’t be stupid. She is just a mouse. I probably stepped on her or something.”  I replied checking the place where she bit me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter