Chapter 5: Reminiscing

Divided
 
Raindrops splattered against the window as Seoul welcomed the downpour. Hugging her knees close to her chest, Jihyo gazed out the window from her spot on her bed, listening to the pitter patter of the rain. Her mind was once again lost in the many thoughts she's been having as of late. 
 
Glancing at her bedside table, she got up to open it and pulled out a photograph from the bottom of the drawer. Her eyes traced across Tzuyu's beautiful smiling face resting against her shoulder, the younger girl's arms wrapped protectively around her waist. Jihyo could still feel the girl's warmth lingering on her skin.
 
She wiped her eyes dry as she saw a teardrop on the photo. Laying down, she closed her eyes and went to sleep, hands still tightly clutching the picture close to her chest. As she drifted asleep, she found herself dreaming of their better days, the days when they were still together.
 
 
-------------------
 

[Flashback]
 
"Chief, what are you doing here?"
 
The girls stood up and saluted as the boss walked in, a tall, young woman following behind him. Jihyo was in awe. The new kid was pretty and she found herself helplessly staring at the girl. She felt Nayeon nudge her with a cheeky grin on her face. Glaring at the older girl, she felt her face heat up as her eyes met the brown orbs of the newest member.
 
"This is Tzuyu. She'll be joining you guys as Jihyo's partner. Any objections?"
 
"No sir." With that, the chief saluted and walked out of the room, leaving the tall girl awkwardly standing at the doorway. Tzuyu stiffly bowed to the members of the special forces, introducing herself to them. The team introduced themselves too. Sana cooed at the girl's cuteness next to Momo and Mina who stood together hand in hand, a warm smile on their face. Chaeyoung and Dahyun in particular were extremely happy that there was someone who was younger than them.
 
"Nice partner you have there, Jihyo."
 
Nayeon approached her sister, glad at the opportunity to finally tease the younger girl. Rolling her eyes, Jihyo turned to the older girl before smirking and whispering into Nayeon's ear. The eyes of the bunny-like eldest widened, looking at Jeongyeon and then back at Jihyo who grinned evilly. Groaning, Nayeon shoved the younger girl away before walking to her partner with a flushed face. Jihyo laughed and approach her new partner.
 
"Hey Tzuyu. I'm Jihyo. Let's do our best."
 

-------------------
 

"Suspect spotted at three o' clock."
 
"Roger that." Speaking into the mic, Jihyo tailed the suspect. The rest of the team was scattered around the area, watching the suspect's every move. The man was a member of  the mafia. Extremely tough and extremely dangerous. Tzuyu stood on the other side of the street, keeping an eye out for any other members of the said gang. The man sensing that he was being watched quickly turned into a quiet street. Jihyo followed, unaware of the danger she was putting herself in until she felt the cold metal of a gun's barrel against her head.
 
"Looking for someone?"
 
Tensing, Jihyo turned around, realising that she had been caught in a trap. The man pinned the girl against the wall, hand wrapped around her neck, a gun still pointed at her head. Spotting the girl's badge, he glared at the girl who was starting to suffocate from the man's tight grip. Cocking the gun, he got ready to pull the trigger. "This should act as a warning to the rest of your pathetic team." Jihyo could feel herself beginning to black out from the lack of oxygen before a gunshot rang out. 
 
*BANG*
 
Dark crimson blood splattered against the wall as the man dropped to the ground with a bullet in his arm, releasing both the gun and the girl, who immediately gasped for air. He watched as officers ran in to arrest him, at the head of the group was a tall girl with an emotionless face, gun still raised and smoking. As the rest took the man away, Tzuyu approached Jihyo , who was still struggling to breathe. She bent down to check on the girl, scowling as bruises started to form on her pale neck.
 
"You alright, unnie?"
 
Jihyo looked up, eyes meeting those of her partner. Her heart fluttered as she saw the girl's worried gaze. Nodding, she stood up but was still slightly disoriented. Waving away her partner when she tried to help, Jihyo stumbled as she did so, nearly falling face first onto the concrete if not for Tzuyu's grip around her waist. Sighing, Tzuyu picked up the stubborn girl and carried her to their car, mumbling something about getting Somi to check on her. Unconsciously, Jihyo buried her face into Tzuyu's shoulder causing the girl to tense and turn bright red.
 
"Thank you Tzuyu." 
 
"Anytime unnie."
 

-------------------
 

"Tzuyu, what are we doing here?"
 
Both girls found themselves in the park as per Tzuyu's request. The said girl was shifting around nervously, causing the older of the two to worry. Naturally having a mother-like personality, Jihyo began fussing of the younger girl, never wanting the younger girl in pain or sadness. However, what she didn't know was that there was a reason for the girl's anxious behaviour.
 
"Unnie, I like you," Tzuyu blurted out, stunning the older girl into silence. Sensing the awkward atmosphere, The younger of the duo cleared and tried to salvage the situation. "Just forget that I said—" Tzuyu's words were cut off as she found a pair of lips pressed up against her own. Closing her eyes, she let herself melt into the kiss, enjoying every second of it before Jihyo pulled away.
 
Jihyo turned away from the younger girl to hide her reddening cheeks, something Tzuyu found particularly adorable about her partner. Leaning in closer, she wrapped her arms around the shorter girl's waist, pulling her into a back hug. Tzuyu smiled lovingly as Jihyo spared her a shy glance. 
 
"So, will you be my girlfriend?" The Taiwanese girl asked as she rested her head against Jihyo's shoulders. She smiled as she watched Jihyo quietly nod, still slightly embarrassed. Placing a peck on the older girl's cheek, Tzuyu pulled her closer into her arms, not wanting to be separated from her girlfriend. Their moment however was spoiled by Nayeon, snapping photos of their moment.
 
"Unnie!"
 
"You'll thank me for these photos one day," Nayeon said as she ran off, laughing at the two flustered girls.
 

-------------------
 

"Hey, is everything alright?"
 
Tzuyu turned to see Jihyo sitting beside her with worry etched into her face. Both girls were sitting in the team's office in the headquarters. They were alone. The others having gone home for the day. She faked a smile at the older girl and wrapped an arm around her before answering the question.
 
"Yeah. I'm fine."
 
"You don't look fine. What's wrong?"
 
The younger girl shook her head and turned away from her girlfriend. Sighing at the younger girl's stubbornness, Jihyo laid her head on the taller girl's shoulder, sitting with her and savouring the silence. Tzuyu was troubled as she remembered what the chief had said earlier. She turned to Jihyo. She had to ask, she needed to know if her older girl will wait for her.
 
"Unnie, do you trust me?"
 
"Of course I do, Tzuyu. What's up with you?" Jihyo turned to Tzuyu, eyes full of confusion at the youngest's strange question. She stared at the younger, her eyes narrowing suspiciously. "You aren't cheating on me, are you?" Tzuyu's eyes widened at the accusation. Panicking, she quickly reassured Jihyo that she was neither cheating on her nor was she ever planning to.
 
"Just promise me that you will always trust me?" She held out her pinky.

"Only if you promise to always love me too." Tzuyu chuckled as Jihyo grinned adorably, locking their fingers together before sealing the deal with a kiss.

"Deal."
 

-------------------
 

[Present]
 
On the another end of Seoul, Tzuyu stood, hands grasping onto the picture she treasured the most. Two smiling faces greeted her, cheerful and at peace with one another as though they had no other care in the world. She allowed her fingers to ghost across the image of Jihyo shyly glancing at her as she stood safely wrapped in Tzuyu's arms. Leaning back, her back slid down against the wall until she found herself seated on the ground. Her hands combing her hair back as she thought of how every thing went wrong.
 
"Tzuyu, are you there?"
 
There was a knock on the door as Momo's voice broke the silence. She slipped the photo back into her pocket then walked off to look for the girl who called for her. Momo gestured for Tzuyu to follow her as they went to meet up with the others. Taking a seat, in their makeshift meeting room, Tzuyu paid full attention to what Jeongyeon was about to announce.
 
"We have a lead. We'll be able to end all this soon.."
 
 

A/N: The fifth chapter is here. I don't think the story will be very long. It'll probably be more or less fifteen chapters. I hope you guys enjoy it anyways. Thank you for commenting and subscribing. I'll post the next chapter soon.