Chapter 13: Reunited

Divided
 
One year later...
 
Trudging up the path, Tzuyu wrapped her coat tighter around herself. Leaves fell from the nearby trees, a sign that the winter was coming. The cold usually didn't bother the young woman yet here she was, shivering, as she continued her journey up the hill. The fact that she was in a cemetery might have contributed to her shivering: the idea of death still sent chills down her spine. 
 
A cool breeze blew past as the young woman stood on the hill overlooking the city. Bright lights of the building below her were beginning to fill the area as the yellow and orange hues of the sky faded into the darkness. She stared at the graves in front of her, deep in thought, trying to sent her thoughts to the dead buried six feet under as though she could somehow mentally communicate with them.
 
She remained in place as another black clad figure joined her on the hill. A shorter girl approached the graves, bowing before kneeling down to place the flowers she had brought with her, on the graves. She watched as the girl ran her hand over the gravestones, clearing away the dust that coated it, tracing her fingers across the inscriptions. Shakily placing her hands on them, her eyes were b with tears as she spoke.
 
"Eomma, Appa, it's been a while."
 

--------------------
 

"Thanks for coming with me today, Tzuyu."
 
The younger girl hummed as she heard Jihyo's sleepy voice, muffled by the crook of her neck. They laid in bed together, side by side with their arms around each other. Running her hand through her girlfriend's hair, Tzuyu quietly allowed the older girl to snuggle into her arms and fall asleep. She watched the rise and fall of her lover's chest, her rhythmic breathing assuring her that the girl was merely asleep and was not going to leave her anytime soon.
 
The past year had been difficult and had a heavy toll on their lives. Mina's makeshift surgery had managed to help keep the girl alive until the actual operation. However, the large amount of blood loss and the strain of the injuries on her body had caused the girl to slip into a month long coma. The team had to go through every single day, patiently waiting for the young captain to suddenly show any signs of life. But Jihyo showed little to no improvement to the point where they had almost given up all hope. 
 
Thankfully, Jihyo managed to pull through but the damage had been done, both physically and mentally. Partially blind and with almost all her bones broken, the young captain was forced to be bedridden in the hospital for a whole month and was wheelchair bound for another six. That, combined with the constant nightmares she suffered from, had caused the girl to isolate herself and refuse to speak to anyone. This included her heartbroken girlfriend who spent every second by her side, taking care of her.
 
"Just leave Tzuyu. You deserve better than me."
 
Those were the first words to leave the older girl's lips since the incident. Tzuyu had been watching over the older girl during one of her many secret attempts to walk when it happened. Jihyo had stumbled for the nth time and when Tzuyu tried to help her up, she finally cracked. Screaming at her young lover, she flailed her arms in an attempt to scare the girl away. After all, I would only be a burden to her, Jihyo thought.
 
Tzuyu thought otherwise and simply allowed herself to take in the blows before holding onto the girl. Pressing her lips onto the other girl's own, she assured her that she wouldn't leave her which only caused Jihyo to cry harder. Apologising over and over, Jihyo was slowly brought back to her normal self as she cried in her girlfriend's arms. The members had a shock the next day as their captain greeted them happily, her source of happiness beaming right beside her.
 
So much had happened over the year and Tzuyu was now contemplating on what she would do next. Eyes scanning the sleeping girl's face, Tzuyu brought up her hand to brush away the stray hairs covering Jihyo's face. Her fingers tracing the pale white scars that lined her lover's face. Jihyo was always doubtful of her beauty; to the point where she would worry of Tzuyu leaving her for another. The scars have once again caused those worries to arise.
 
Yet, this was the girl Tzuyu was in love with and she would ensure that she would reassure the older girl of her love every chance she gets. Besides, Tzuyu knew that she was the one she wanted to spend her whole life with. The Taiwanese girl had now realised how much Jihyo meant to her. Kissing the older girl's forehead, Tzuyu closed her eyes and allowed herself to fall asleep, mentally making a note to contact the others. She was finally ready to make her next move.
 

--------------------
 

"Tzuyu, is the blindfold really necessary? I'm pretty blind already," Jihyo whined at the younger girl's antics as Tzuyu lead her by the arms. The Taiwanese girl had dragged her out of their shared apartment that morning and brought her to all their favourite spots. It was now nearing dusk and Tzuyu had blindfolded the older girl, claiming that she had a surprise in store for her.
"Stay right here. I'll be back."
 
Jihyo was anxious. She had zero idea of what the younger girl was planning and the fact that she was being left alone in. an unknown place, terrified her. Moments passed and Jihyo was starting to lose her patience. Just as she was about to cry out for her missing lover, she heard the sound of approaching footsteps which stopped right in front of her. "Tzuyu?" She called out, just to make sure.
"You can take it off now unnie."
 
Pulling the blindfold off her eyes, Jihyo was shocked by the sight that greeted her. She stood on the spot where they both shared their first kiss. Paper lanterns brightened the area amd flower petals adorned the now snow covered ground as snowflakes fell from the sky; like a scene from those cliché movies that were every girls dream. The moonlight illuminated the face of her girlfriend who shuffled awkwardly, hands deep in her pocket. 
 
Kneeling on the ground in front of her, Tzuyu pulled out a small box and upon opening it, revealed the ring to her lover. "Park Jihyo! Will you marry me?" Jihyo was stunned, mouth gaping and body frozen. She stood there unresponsive, worrying her nervous girlfriend who was afraid of being rejected.
 
Shyly holding out her hand, she mumbled a yes, forming a grin on her lover's face as she slipped the ring onto her finger. Tzuyu suddenly picked up her fiancée in her arms, spinning around in joy, causing the older girl to giggle happily. Placing the girl back on the ground, Tzuyu reached upwards to cup Jihyo's cheeks, pulling her into a passionate kiss.
 
Cheers erupted from the bushes behind them as eight smiling faces popped out causing them to pull away with red faces. Nayeon and Jeongyeon grinned, hands intertwined, the rings on their fingers shining brightly in the moonlight. Mina smiled proudly with Momo's arm wrapped around her shoulders. Sana had Dahyun in a back hug, smiling at the couple before Sana being her usual touchy self, placed a kiss on Dahyun's reddening cheeks. Somi was there too, fooling around with Chaeyoung and causing Jihyo to blush harder with every tease.
 
"Let's go and celebrate!!!" Nayeon shouted, causing the girls to cheer again and begging the eldest couple to treat them for dinner before running away from the annoyed bunny. Jeongyeon laughed at her wife as she watched her chase after the younger members. Turning back, she signalled the newly engaged couple to hurry before running off to stop Nayeon from murdering the others.
 
"Promise me that you won't run off again?" Jihyo asked looking up at her fiancée with puppy eyes. "I won't. Just trust me," Tzuyu replied. "Don't I always?" Jihyo winked at the young girl who chuckled before placing a chaste kiss on Jihyo's lips and pulling her to join the others.
 
"You're mine unnie and you'll always be mine."
 
 

A/N: And this is the end of the story. Thank you for all the support you guys have shown to the story. Hope you have enjoyed it and that it was up to your expectations. I apologise for any mistakes that I've probably made in the story (my English isn't that great). Thank you once again.