Chapter 4: Glimpse

Divided
 
"Everything seems fine. I think you're good to go."
 
It's been a week since Jihyo woke up. Seven days of waking up to white walls and long, boring days. Jihyo dreaded hospitals. She hated being confined indoors and being unable to move about. Thankfully, Nayeon had been by her side most of the time, ensuring that she wouldn't go insane from the boredom. Eventually, most of her stitches had been removed and once the pain had receded, she finally got the green light to leave.
 
"Thanks Somi."
 
Jihyo thanked the younger girl once she received the good news. The doctor merely gave her a tired smile and left the room, closing the door behind her. "She hasn't been herself lately?" Nayeon shook her head. The usually bright and happy Somi had been replaced by this depressed, exhausted version ever since Chaeyoung left with the others. The two used to inseparable, bringing joy and laughter to the older girls whenever they were together. 
 
"None of us have been the same, Jihyo."
 
A knock on the door broke the solemn atmosphere of the room as the remaining members of the team entered the room. Two girls walked into the room, arm in arm, whispering and giggling at each other. One was blonde, the other had tips the colour of the rainbow. The spectators cringed at the sight and Jihyo took the initiative to throw her pillow at the girls causing to let go of each other and glare at her. The girls just laughed and teased the newcomers with a cheeky smile.
 
"Someone go get Somi. I think I'm getting sick again."
 

-------------------
 

"We really shouldn't be here."
 
"Stop complaining Chaeng. We both know that you want to see them too." Pulling her cap lower to cover her face, Tzuyu quickly walked through the hallways of the hospital, with the other girl hot on her heels. Chaeyoung struggled to follow the taller girl, who's long legs allowed her to cover more ground in a shorter time span. She grumbled and proceeded to run after her same-aged friend.
"Do the others even know we're here?"
 
"Nope. Now, keep quiet. We're here." Both girls peeked into the room to see the four members of their old team. They could feel the pangs of sadness as they watched the girls laugh and joke around. Just like the old times, Tzuyu thought. She stared at the injured female, watching the way her lips curled as she smiled or the way she flinched when she accidentally hit her head as she facepalmed at Nayeon's weird jokes. She didn't know how long they stood there staring, the other girls not noticing their presence.
 
"Excuse me. Who are you and what are doing here?"
 
Chaeyoung froze as the newcomer spoke. Somi. At once, both girls walked off as though they didn't hear the young doctor calling them. But, the girl was stubborn. Quietly, she chased after them and grabbed the shorter of the duo, spinning her around to look at her face. Eyes widening as she saw the girl she was longing for.
 
"Chaeng?"
 
Shrugging off Somi's hands, Chaeyoung grabbed Tzuyu and ran, not sparing another look back. The Canadian doctor didn't give up, and pursued them through the corridors. Ignoring the looks her coworkers and patients gave her, she ran, determined to finally face the girls. Swerving past the crowds, she focused on the hooded figures, closing in quickly on them as they ran round the corner. She stopped as she turned the corner, heart shattering as she lost sight of the girls. 
 
Dejected, she walked back to her office. Sinking into her seat, Somi burried her face into her hands, angry at the lost opportunity. When she finally calmed down, she got up, ready to report her sightings to the other girls. However, a strange object on her table caught her eyes. She walk over to it and picked it up. A tiger plushie with a card. She smiled knowing immediately who it was from. 
 
To: Somi
Don't tell them what you saw. 
Wait for me please, I'll be back soon.
I promise.
I love you. 
- Chaeng
 

-------------------
 

Both girls watched from afar as the doctor left the hospital after her shift, toy tiger in hand and a small smile on her face. Chaeyoung's heart swelled as she blinked away the tears that were forming. Somi hadn't given up on her yet. An arm pulled her into an embrace. Tzuyu wasn't usually fond of skinship but she knew that the small girl needed the comfort. They stayed like that for a while before Chaeyoung pulled away from the hug, thanking her tall friend with a smile.
 
"Sources say that two of them were recently spotted in the hospital."
 
Ducking behind the wall, the girls zeroed in on the voice as they watched the men walk past. Their hearts raced as they saw the familiar face at the head of the group. Tzuyu clenched her fist, trying to hold back her rage. It's his fault, it's all his fault. Noticing her friend's distress, Chaeyoung grabbed onto the younger girl, ensuring that she wouldn't do anything brash.
 
"The girls still don't know anything?"
 
"Those fools are too loyal. They'll believe anything we tell them," the man spoke before cackling. "For all we know, they'll be the ones who would be bringing us what we need—" The man was cut off by a loud crashing sound nearby. In her anger, Tzuyu had punched the wall. The sound of the impact resonated through the alley.
 
"Did you hear that? Go search for the source!"
 
Hearing the man's order, both girls immediately got up to fled the scene. "Over there!" They could hear the shouts echo through the alley. Twisting and turning, they kept in the shadows as they carefully headed back to the hideout. It was late out , the dark night providing them with the cover they needed but they still had to keep an eye out for danger. They couldn't risk being followed and exposing their hideout to those who were after them. Once sure that they were safe, the girls relaxed and let their guard down.
 
"Today went very well, didn't it?"
 
Chaeyoung sighed and ignored Tzuyu who gave her a grin. She couldn't deny that the girl was right in a way. The plan went well, they were able to see the others and they sort of managed to avoid getting caught. Maybe it wasn't such a bad day after all. However, upon walking into the hideout, they were met with the disapproving faces of their older members. "So how was the hospital?" Jeongyeon spoke in a low tone, sending chills down their spines. They know, Tzuyu thought to herself as she turned to Chaeyoung who gulped in fear. 
 
"We're screwed."
 
 

A/N: Here's Chapter Four. To be honest, I feel like this chapter isn't as good as the previous ones but I hope you all still enjoy it. Thank you for the comments. I really like reading them. (But I'm too socially awkward to reply anything) Thank you once again and I'll try to update soon.