Chapter 12: Stay

Divided
 
To say that the Director was angry would have been an understatement.
 
"KILL THEM ALL!" His voice resonated throughout the room, sending his men into a second wave of attacks. Standing their ground, the girls launched into action, taking men down left and right. Their teamwork though slightly rusty, still seemed like a graceful dance, each one covering for the other. 
 
Realising that they were strongest when together, the thugs attempted to separate them. However, it didn't make much of a difference. The damage had already been done. They were out of ammunition and more than half of the them lay in groaning heaps, defeated by the team of women.
 
"You sure know how to make an entrance don't you?" Jihyo found herself back to back with Tzuyu as they fought. "I'm surprised you can still stand," the Taiwanese girl retorted as she took down another one. Glaring at the young girl, Jihyo suddenly shoved the girl to the ground with a shout. "DUCK!" Jihyo threw a punch as Tzuyu got down, socking the knife-wielding man behind the Taiwanese girl right in the face. Tzuyu swept the goon's legs from under him, causing him to hit the ground hard as he spiralled into unconsciousness. 
 
Getting back to her feet, Tzuyu turned to Jihyo mumbling a thanks, only for her heart to ache at the sight of the older girl's deteriorating condition. Bloody and broken; she couldn't help but wonder how the girl was still fighting. She could hear the painful gasps the captain made every time she moved and it made her want to beat herself up. Accepting the mission should have kept Jihyo out of harm's way and yet here she stood, clutching her side as she struggled to take down a man twice her size. 
 
"You're hurt," Tzuyu mumbled, reaching out to cup the girl's face after she helped the injured woman take down the crook. Jihyo scoffed at the comment. "As if you're any better," she replied, motioning at the girl's arm which was still wrapped in bandages." What did you expect anyways? The psycho was out to kill me." 
 
"Them what the hell were you thinking? Going after him alone like that," Tzuyu shouted as she sent a fist into a man's face as he tried to assault them. Scowling, Jihyo turned to Tzuyu, "Me? You're the one with a bounty on your head." Tzuyu could only mutter out a response. "I was under orders alright? Didn't I tell you to trust me?" "What made you think I didn't?" Jihyo mumbled softly but it didn't go unheard by Tzuyu.
 
"Unnie-"
 
"Hey, if you're both done fighting, the rest of us could use some help over here." An amused, high pitch voice screamed from the other end of the room, ending the couple's banter. "We'll talk about this later, Tzuyu. You have some explaining to do." Tzuyu nodded at the older girl before continuing to take down the crooks.
 
The Director was on the edge. His men were dropping like flies until only a handful were left but they would soon be taken care of too. Deciding to take a stand before he was arrested, he cocked his gun and took aim. Pointing it at the vulnerable back that was facing him. If I can't kill her, then killing this one will be the next best thing. A pair of eyes caught his and widened, her lips mouthing a silent no. He let out a maniacal laugh as he pulled the trigger. 
 
"TZUYU!"
 
*BANG*
 
Tzuyu fell to the ground as she was hit by a sudden force. Turning around, she watched in horror as the bullets tore through the woman she loved. Time seemed to have come to a pause as everyone stopped attacking and faced the wounded girl. Nayeon cried out in agony and went on a rampage, attacking thugs left and right as she tried to reach the man who shot her beloved sister. 
 
"Unnie," the young girl whimpered out, embracing her lover's body as it slumped into her arms. She pulled the girl onto her lap and watched helplessly as blood poured out profusely from the bullet wounds. Mina immediately ran over, her hands shaking as she attempted to stem the bleeding. She shouted for Momo to get her bag, deciding to take matters into her own hands. An ambulance would take too long she had said.
 
"LET ME KILL HIM!" Nayeon roared as Jeongyeon held her back. The man lay unconscious in a puddle of his own blood, having been brutally beaten by the group's oldest. The other girls ran to help once the last of the thugs were taken cared of. They approached the half-conscious captain, hearts breaking as they watched the youngest desperately hold onto the girl. Pulling away from Jeongyeon's embrace, Nayeon slid onto the floor next to Jihyo, gingerly the girl's hair.
 
Eyes focused, Mina's hands got to work the moment Momo arrived with her bag. "Can't you work any faster?" Nayeon asked, making Mina scoff. "I'm a medical examiner not a doctor. I usually slice people open instead of patching them up," she grumbled. Removing bullets and stitching wounds, the injuries seemed endless and Mina was starting to doubt in her ability to save her best friend.
 
Hold on Jihyo. Please. Mina thought as her hands kept working. She felt a hand squeeze her shoulder, sparring a glance at the person beside her, her eyes met Momo's reassuring gaze and she felt a surge surge of assurance. If she couldn't save the girl, then she would at least slow down the process. 
 
Jihyo could feel her life slipping away fast. Her body was numbed from the pain and she could barely feel anything. Through her fading vision she could see the eight crying faces of her beloved members. She tried to speak, but nothing could come out.  Memories, moments with the members flashed through her mind. She was slowly accepting her fate. Is this what death feels like? 
 
They could hear the sounds of sirens, fast approaching the building. Seconds later, the doors burst open and cops ran in armed with guns, ready to take down the enemy. Only to find that there were none left standing. The paramedics ran in, loading Jihyo into the ambulance, Tzuyu in tow.
 
"I love you, Chou Tzuyu. Always did and always will," Jihyo forced herself to whisper out, her voice muffled by the oxygen mask on her face. Tears streamed down her face, leaving trails along her bloodstained face as she whispered. She painfully stretched out her arm, hands reaching for Tzuyu's tear streaked face, clumsily wiping them away. The younger girl clutched tightly onto the hand.
 
"I love you too, Park Jihyo." Tzuyu pressed her lips against the older girl's forehead. She watched Jihyo's eyes fluttered close and her hand slipped out of Tzuyu's grasp, a small smile etched onto her lips as she slipped into unconsciousness the moment  they arrived at the hospital. They quickly wheeled Jihyo towards the operating room, her other half never leaving her side. As the stretcher disappeared behind the ER doors, Tzuyu sank down to her knees and slammed her fist to the ground, her mind repeating her hopes like a mantra.
 
Please don't take her away from me.
 
 

A/N: Here's chapter twelve. The story is coming to an end and the next chapter will be the last. Thanks for the support and I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter.