Chapter 1: Run

Divided
 
*Beep Beep*
 
The honking of cars broke through the silent night of downtown Seoul as a figure ran across the street, several others following, hot in their pursuit. Jumping over cars and rolling over hoods, ignoring the curses and shouts of the drivers as well as her pursuers. She had to get away. The girl headed turned into the avenue where crowds were plenty. Pushing her and shoving her way through as she tried to shake them off.
 
"Get back here!"
 
The shouts were further now. Turning into one of the many alleyways in the city, she hid behind a wall and held her breath. She peeked through the gaps, praying that the pursuers hadn't noticed the detour she made. Crowds would usually allow people to slip away easily but her tall height allowed others to easily spot her, making it a liability. Letting out a sigh of relief when she saw them run past, she leaned against the wall and attempted to catch her breath. "Idiots," she mumbled, letting a small grin grace her features once she recovered.
 
"Someone's getting a little cocky. Don't you think, Tzuyu?"
 
Tensing as she heard the voice, she turned to see the figure stepping out of the shadows, twirling the handcuffs in her hand with a smirk on her beautiful face. Only now did she realise that the familiar face had been among her pursuers earlier. Tzuyu had forgotten how sharp the woman was. It was as though she had the ability to read her every move. Mentally cursing, she quickly put on a facade, pushing her worries away and gave the woman her best smile.
 
"It's been a while Captain Park. How have you been?"
 
Flirting had gotten Tzuyu out of many tight situations. She knew she was attractive and she knew how to use it to her advantage. Heck, it even worked on the officer in front of her before. However, this time the said girl wasn't even fazed. The cop approached the taller woman, carefully watching her every move until she backed the girl up into a dead end. She radioed her partner, calling for backup. She couldn't risk making another mistake.
 
"Calling for help? That wouldn't be a very fair fight, wouldn't it Jihyo unnie?"
 
With that, Tzuyu immediately sprung forward, hands aiming for the pressure point near the older woman's neck. Jihyo quickly brought up her arms, protecting herself from her assailant's hands while sending a fist towards the girl, prompting another series of attacks. Tzuyu had to admit. Despite her small stature, Jihyo was fast - much faster than Tzuyu was and knew how to pack a hit.
 
Blocking, hitting, dodging. Eventually Jihyo made the mistake of aiming her fist at Tzuyu's gut. The fist was just a hair breadths away from striking when the Taiwanese girl countered, parrying away the fist and wincing as it made contact with the wall behind her instead. 
 
Guilt crept into Tzuyu's heart as blood seeped out from the officer's scrapped knuckles. She faltered slightly, giving Jihyo the opportunity to send a kick towards her right cheek and sending her crashing onto the ground, dazed. Groaning from the pain, Tzuyu tried pushing herself off the ground, only to get pinned down with her arms pulled behind her back. Feeling the cold metal of the handcuffs wrapping around her wrist. 
 
"Chou Tzuyu, you are under arrest for several counts of criminal activity, resisting arrest and assaulting a police officer. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be used against you in the court of law."
 
Tzuyu could hear the sounds of police sirens in the distance. She had to think fast. Twisting her body to face the older girl, she stared into the eyes of the shorter woman. Jihyo's large eyes once full of love, now bore through her own coldly and yet, she could still  see the slight hesitation in her gaze. She could feel the older girl's breath, their faces after all, were only inches apart. From her peripheral vision, she could see a familiar figure approach them with something in hand. She knew what would happen next.
 
"Jihyo, I'm sorry. I really do love you."
 
She whispered softly before closing the gap and pressing her lips against the officer's soft pink ones. Conflicting emotions could be seen across Jihyo's face before the figure behind her brought down the object in her hand towards the woman's head. The sound of breaking glass resonated through the alley as the bottle shattered sending Jihyo unconscious and shards of broken glass everywhere. The figure pulled the key out of the unconscious woman's pocket and unlocked the handcuffs. 
 
"Let's go!"
 
The figure frantically pulled Tzuyu away from the body. The Taiwanese girl gave the figure a boost to get over the wall and she pulled her up. Blue and red lights filled the alley as they climbed over the the wall. Turning back, her heart ached as she watch blood pool below Jihyo's head. The officer's partner ran out of her vehicle with her gun raised, aiming at the duo. Her eyes widened at the scene before she pulled the trigger in anger, sending bullets whizzing towards the runaways. 
 
"FREEZE! YOO JEONGYEON, CHOU TZUYU!"
 
Avoiding the bullets, the two women promptly got off the wall, landing swiftly and running off towards Jungyeon's bike. They climbed on, revved the engines and rode off into the night before the police could pursue. Directing Jeongyeon to head towards their hideout, Tzuyu turned to look back. A lone tear flowed down her face which was quickly wiped away. 
 
I'm sorry Jihyo.
 
 

 
A/N: First chapter's up. Hope you guys enjoyed it. Will do my best to update soon. Feel free to comment on anything I need to improve on.