My Muse

Unsung Confession

"Are you done yet?". The boy asked for what seemed like the 100th time. He received the same answer he got 1hour ago. 

"I'm hungry Mark"He whined. Mark looked up from his canvas and gave a apologetic smile to his friend. He sat restless on a stool, his lips pouting into a attempted puppy look. Jackson was always good at that. Mark chuckled to himself as he thought about the many times Jackson got his way because no one could refuse his puppy look. Except Mark that is.  Of course they had been friends for years, as far as they can remember so Mark had plenty of practises to ignore it. 

"Just 10 more minutes". He said calmly. "You said that about an hour ago" Jackson continued to sulk. 

"Is there anyone else you can draw, one of your art buddies, or am I your muse or something". Mark rolled his eyes slightly glancing at smug Jackson. "If that makes you stay then yes you are my muse". Jackson laughed his hyena laugh. It felt good to see him enjoy himself Mark thought. He finished his drawing, after adding last minute touches indicating for Jackson to get off the stool. 

"Can I see?" Jackson asked.  He stared in amazement at how his friend managed to get every detail right. His jaws, to his crooked little tooth. It left him breath less for a moment. 

"How is it?"  Mark rested his hand on Jacksons shoulders and peeked at his face trying to read his emotions. "It's really good, I mean you sure are a art major". Mark found himself grinning uncontrollably. There was something about getting complimented by Jackson that made him feel this indiscribable feeling. But he knew it made him feel good. Jackson suddenly wrapped his arms around Marks waist. "Do I really look like that" He asked, raising his eyebrows and sticking out his tongue in a comedic way.  Mark took the chance to tickle Jackson before saying, "No, the guy I drew is 100 times better looking" .  "You could just admit that I'm hot and  you're in love with me"  Jackson teasingly Marks cheek.  Mark coughed. Was it really that easy. Could he really admit it without risking loosing anything, especially Jackson. He shrugged it off and grabbed Jackson in a headlock. "Never" He laughed. But all he wanted to do was tell Jackson how much he loved him. How he was the only one he thought about when he slept at night and when he woke up. Mark always felt a sense of happiness when near Jackson, but even he didn't know when his feelings turned this way. 

 

NOTE:     I know this chapter was really short but I'll try my best to make the rest longer😭  thank you my subscribers. There's not much but I still feel happy and grateful.