Final

I am no prince if not yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hi guys!

I'm sorry it took me a while to post this epilogue! I got a new job and it's been overwhelming these past few months OTL and when I came back to this story I just hated this last chapter so much I rewrote it from A to Z haha this is nothing like what I had initially planned, but I like it better :)

Also, I'm a bit early but I wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a WONDERFUL NEW YEAR ! ❤❤❤
Thank you always for all the love you send me and my stories, i'm an awkward idiot and i'm not very good at replying but i read every comment i get and they always make me really happy ❤❤❤

This epilogue isn't much and it's short, but I hope you'll like it!
 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue.
I'm no Prince if not Yours.

 

 

 

          The ballroom was crowded and the mood was joyful. The conversations were polite, sometimes a little too animated, sometimes just a bit awkward. Everyone was trying to show off their best qualities. The men were wearing their most elegant suits and coats, while the women wore beautiful, fancy dresses, of all sorts of colours and shapes. While many stood near the buffet, nibbling on the different savoury appetizers, the others were gathered in small groups and chatted politely, a glass of wine or champagne in hand. There were couples dancing at the centre of the room, on the dance floor, swaying and swirling along with the waltz played by an orchestra. Candles burned on the chandeliers above their heads, displaying shadows all over the walls and on the ceiling, giving a feeling of magic to the atmosphere.

 

The walls had been decorated with gold and sapphire blue, and the blazons of each noble family present had been hung over the tapestries. It was the Graduation Ball of the Prince Charming Academy and everyone, students, teachers and parents, kings and queens, princes and princesses of all kingdoms, had come to celebrate.

 

          Hyukjae scanned the room carefully. He snorted as he spotted yet another bunch of drooling princes gathered around a pretty princess from a southern kingdom. He nearly rolled his eyes. All these courting boys and giggling girls seemed ridiculous to him. But, as Siwon kept reminding him, he couldn’t understand. He had never been interested in any princess.

No. Ever since he had stepped into this school, there had been only one person able to catch his eyes, and his heart. And that person was lost somewhere in the crowd, much to Hyukjae’s despair. 

He wandered around the ballroom, avoiding people who tried to drag him into a conversation and those who tried to give him flirtatious glances - mostly from young girls, but not only (he found that receiving winks from old wrinkled queens was a little disturbing). It took him a few minutes before he finally spotted his target across the room, hovering over the buffet.

Hyukjae smiled widely.

Oh, there he was. His cute boyfriend.

Of course, Donghae would be stuffing his face with cakes and ice-cream. He had crumbles and cream all over his mouth and even on his cheeks. He had messed up his suit too and sported a big purple spot on the collar of his shirt, which was probably blueberry cream or something. He was such an idiot, but damn, how adorable he looked in Hyukjae’s eyes.

As he approached, he noticed Siwon was giving Donghae another (useless) lecture.

“Stop eating, you’ll explode”, Siwon was saying. “Seriously, put it down, you ate four of those already...”

Hyukjae cringed. His baby was going to be so high on sugar for the next few days...

“It’s not for me!” Donghae retorted, putting more cakes in his plate. “I’m saving some for Hyukkie! Strawberry cakes are his favourite!”

Hyukjae didn’t need more to feel a fluttering tingles spread inside his belly, warming him up inside. His heart melted once again with intense fondness and untameable love. He had no idea how Donghae always managed to make him fall deeper each time, how he made him feel like a mushy lover, over and over again. Honestly the brunet wasn’t even trying hard. Anything he did was able to turn Hyukjae into a weak jelly.

Hyukjae quietly walked up to his boyfriend, making sure to stay out of his sight until he reached his level. Donghae jumped and gasped in surprise as Hyukjae sneaked up behind him and wrapped his arms around Donghae's belly, pulling him into a tight bear hug.

“Hyukkie!” Donghae squealed in delight as he looked over his shoulder and recognized him. Hyukjae pressed a loud kiss on his cheek. “You found me!” he beamed.

Hyukjae's heart made a small jump at the sight of Donghae's bright smile.
Sometimes, he felt like a fool for loving Donghae so much.

“I'll always find you”, he replied, deliberately ignoring how corny he sounded.

Donghae’s eyes lit up as he smiled happily. He was just as corny as Hyukjae and he had no shame about it. Standing next to them, observing the scene, Siwon rolled his eyes in amusement.

“I got you some cakes!” Donghae squealed and lifted the plate in his hands to show it to Hyukjae.

“Thanks, I'll eat them later”, Hyukjae gently said as he grabbed the plate and shoved it in Siwon's hands. “I need to hide for now, come with me.”

“Hide? Why?” Donghae asked, his eyes widening.

“The head-master is hunting me down", Hyukjae almost whined and scrunched his nose. "He still wants me to open the last dance, to close the ball.”

“Well, you are the top student of our year, so... It's kinda your job tonight, isn't it?” Donghae dead-panned and tilted his head. His eyebrows went up, giving him a slightly baffled expression.

“I don't want to do it”, Hyukjae admitted, grimacing again. "The old man seems to have teamed up with my

Please log in to read the full chapter