Chapter one.

I am no prince if not yours
Please log in to read the full chapter

Hello guys!
I'm back with the first part of this story! There will be 3 parts + a short epilogue! I'm almost done with everything so the updates will come quickly!

I'm so happy to see there's still many eunhae shippers around! thank you all of you who have joined this adventure! thanks for subbing, voting and commenting <3 Here comes the first chapter, I hope you will like it!

Please enjoy! <3

 

 

  Chapter One.
The Prince Charming Academy.

 

 

 

 

          Once upon a time lived a king and his queen, in a beautiful castle built on the top of a cliff, by the sea. They reigned on a kingdom that was small but wealthy, and none of their subjects suffered from hunger or poverty. The lands and the sea provided them with everything they needed to live a humble but comfortable life.

The king and the queen had been blessed with two sons. The eldest was called Donghwa and he was the crowned prince, the one destined to become king after his father. The youngest son was named Donghae and, ever since the day he was born, his radiant smile and gentle soul captured the heart of everyone within the kingdom.

Carrying the rank of the second prince, Donghae didn’t have to study and learn how to rule or to command. His brother Donghwa was the one required to become king in the future. Donghae, being the youngest, had minimal responsibilities. He was spoilt and loved by everyone, able to enjoy a carefree life.
He loved to sneak out of the castle at dawn and join the fishermen to sail with them on the sea, or to ride his horse down to the countryside and wander amongst the commoners. All knew him and adored him. He was their sunshine, the most treasured boy in the kingdom.

As years passed, Donghae soon reached his 16th birthday and his parents decided it was time for him to become an adult and learn how to become a real prince. Unlike his older brother who had joined and graduated from the infamous Kings-to-be Academy, Donghae was to be sent to the Prince Charming Academy, the best school to learn how to be a proper Prince Charming.

 

 

After a long and tough winter, spring eventually came around and the day to leave his home too. The birds were chirping in the trees and the sun was shining gently in the bright blue sky when Donghae walked out of the castle, accompanied by his parents. The three of them climbed in the horse-drawn coach that would take him on the road for school.

The journey took two whole days, with few stops except for the night. Yet time seemed to fly from Donghae’s perspective. Soon enough, Donghae was told they were expecting to reach their destination before nightfall.       

The coach was moving slowly on the stone-paved road, carefully making its way through the forest. The birds were singing and the wind whistling through the branches, their smooth music accompanied by the sound of the horseshoes and the creaking noises made by the coach’s wheels.
Sitting in the coach usually lulled Donghae to sleep but not that day. That day, the young prince way too nervous and jittery, and he couldn't stop squirming on his seat.

“We're almost there, will you just stop moving?!” his mother squeaked, annoyed by her son's restlessness. She had been trying to fix his hair prettily, combing his long brown locks into a half ponytail, but all her efforts had been ruined by Donghae's incapacity to stay still.

“I'm so excited mother!” the teen squealed in response and flashed her a wide, dazzling grin. “They say the seniors get to fight against a dragon during their exams, in the last year! And sophomores can train with trolls and merfolks! I had a mermaid friend once, but I've never met trolls... Do you think I'll make friends?”

“I have no doubt you will”, his father, who was sitting on the seat just in front to him, kindly said.

“Of course. Who wouldn't love you?” the Queen agreed, smiling fondly to her son.

“Donghwa said I'm a brat.”

“Don't listen to your brother, Donghae. You're a lovely boy, and simply very lively."

Donghae could only smile at his father’s words. ‘Lively’ was a word people used to describe him, and sure the teen knew other words could fit him: talkative, spirited, annoyingly peppy. Dongwha liked to use the word hyperactive.
Donghae was playful for sure, and a bit childish too, but his cuteness always got him out of trouble. Though most people liked his merry personality, his brother had that his new schoolmates would find him annoying and tiresome, which made Donghae slightly apprehensive because he could hardly ever shut up and stay still, and there was nothing to do about it.

The coach suddenly came to a stop and Donghae felt his heart miss a beat. He brought up his hand to lift the curtain and glance outside. The afternoon was coming to an end and the sky was bright with red and pink hues of clouds. In front of him, on the top of a hill, stood a gigantic castle with dozens of towers and hundreds of windows. It was made of elegant blue tiled roofing and soft-grey walls of stones, partially covered with bright green ivy. Donghae could only gape at the beauty of the sight. The castle was huge and beautiful.

The coach began moving again. They entered the main park and the horses brought them closer to the main entrance. Donghae could feel his stomach twist with both nervousness and excitement.

When the coach stopped again, Donghae pushed the door open and jumped out. As he came out and stood in front of the castle, he realized this was going to be his new home for the next three years. He was 16, which meant he would (if everything went right) graduate at the age of 19. He had 3 years to learn how to be a good Prince Charming. It was a short period to learn so much, yet it seemed very long too. He would miss his home for sure.

A few male servants rushed out of the castle and began working, grabbing the numerous bags of the prince and bringing them inside the school, to his new room he guessed. Donghae watched them get all his stuff off the coach. His father was talking to him but he barely listened, until he heard his mother say goodbye.

"Huh?!" he blurted out and turned his full attention back to his parents. "What?"

"This is where we say goodbye", his father repeated patiently.

"You're not coming with me inside?" he asked with a small voice.

"No, Donghae, we can't go further. And you're 16 already, we can't hold your hand forever", the king said, causing Donghae to pout. "And don't give me the puppy eyes."

"We'll write you lots of letters, as much as you want", the Queen added soothingly. "And you'll be able to come home for a few days during the vacations."

Donghae nodded dejectedly and kissed his parents goodbye. They hugged him one last time, gave him a few more advices and asked him to behave, before they climbed back into the coach and left. He waved at them, watching them leave with a little weight in his chest. Once they got out of sight, he took a deep breath and faced the huge castle.

"Okay, let's do this", he said and pumped his fist. He was ready to conquer the place.

 

 

Donghae was gaping like a fish.
The castle was huge. There were countless rooms, corridors and staircases. He had counted at least three main buildings and twelve towers. The whole place was richly decorated with marble, gold, paintings and statues. The stairs were either made of stones or marble, while the windows and doors were enhanced with beautifully carved wooden frames. It was splendid and luxurious, nothing like the humble castle of his parents. And it was way too big. He was going to get himself lost a hundred times, he just knew it.

He had to find his dormitory first. The servants had brought all his stuff there but hadn't given him any directions. How was he supposed to find anything in a place like this? He had been wandering around for more than an hour already.

Glancing around, he tried to find someone to ask his way. There were a few people around, but Donghae felt shy and decided he'd rather ask someone his age. Most of the guys looked too tall and imposing (there were probably third years, he thought). He grinned with relief as he finally spotted two boys who seemed to be around his age.

"Hi", he greeted them as he approached them.

One was tall and very handsome, exactly the type of guy who was born to be a Prince Charming. He was the embodiment of everything a Prince Charming should be: tall and slim, lots of muscles, noble features and elegant stance. The other, shorter, was good-looking too but gave off a very different vibe. He was slim, even a little skinny, yet stood as confident as the other guy. He had a nice face, with a sharp jaw line, high-boned cheeks, deep black eyes, and some very charming plump lips, but he looked somewhat cold and stern. He looked at Donghae with an intense gaze as the boy stopped near them, though his face showed no expression or any acknowledgement.

"Hello", the tall one greeted him back, smiling politely. Donghae sighed in relief. At least one of the two seemed friendly.

"I'm Prince Donghae", he introduced himself. "Do you know where I can find the dormitories? I'm a first year, I just arrived and I'm lost..." he chuckled sheepishly, rubbing his neck shyly.

"Oh! We're first years too", the tall one said and flashed him a wide dimpled smile. Hum. He looked even more handsome with those dimples. "Nice to meet you Donghae, I'm Prince Siwon", he added and offered his hand. Donghae happily took it and shook it.

"Nice to meet you!"

"This is my friend, Prince Hyukjae", Siwon said, pointing to the shorte

Please log in to read the full chapter