Transformer

Cursed Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

너는 강렬해 눈부셔

맞서 싸울 생각 없어

You’re strong, dazzling,

I have no wish to fight you.

 

좀더 강하게 때론 부드럽게

그녀 앞에 앞에 앞에 설 때

A bit stronger, sometimes softer

When I’m standing in front of you.

 

                                -Transformer, EXO

 

 

It had been four days since Soo Eun had been welcomed by Yuna to stay in the Oh household. Every night, Soo Eun would find a way to make sure that no one was awake, before she slipped out the backyard stealthily and bathed herself in the glowing sea for a few hours as a siren. She would also update Dan Bi, who was gradually growing impatient, on her progress (which wasn’t much).

 

Those few days were rather awkward as she tried her best to avoid and ignore Sehun, but it was hard to since every time he was around, he seemed to be studying her intently, as though he was trying to uncover her motives. His intent stares unnerved her, to say the least.

 

And then there was that other boy. Sehun spent most of his time locked up in his room with him and whenever Soo Eun passed by his door, she could make out muffled voices deep in conversation. She couldn’t help but be curious about him as well.

 

For some, 4 may be an unlucky number. But for Soo Eun, it most certainly wasn’t.

 

For it was on the fourth day that the heavens finally threw her an opportunity to get her freedom back.

 

“Soo Eun,” said Yuna as she beckoned Soo Eun to come and sit next to her on the couch, “I have a favour to ask of you. I hope you won’t mind it too much.”

 

Soo Eun shook her head gently and smiled, for she had genuinely come to like the warm, endearing old lady. Her kindliness reminded Soo Eun of her own mother.

 

“You see, Sehun’s going on another voyage tomorrow. Usually, he has his friend Kai to take care of him. Jolly nice boy, and I always feel assured with Kai around. But,” Yuna sighed slightly, “the poor kid got injured recently, and he’s unable to go with Sehun. So I was hoping…”

 

Soo Eun’s eyes widened questioningly. She grabbed a notepad and a pen from the coffee table.

 

You want me to go with him?

 

“Y-yes. You see, I always feel more assured if Sehun has someone with him. I’m sure he would enjoy your company as well. He seems cold and aloof, but my Sehunnie is actually a really caring person. I’m sure he’ll open up to you soon.” Yuna gathered Soo Eun’s hands in hers and placed them on her lap.

 

“Will you do it for me? I won’t force you to if you don’t want to.”

 

The cogs in Soo Eun’s mind began whirring rapidly. This was a great opportunity for her to be alone with Sehun and finish him off. Yet, as she looked at Yuna’s hopeful expression, a pang of guilt hit her hard.

 

Soo Eun nodded slowly, and Yuna’s shoulders sagged visibly in relief. “Thank you so much Soo Eun. This really means a lot to me.”

 

She thinks I’m going to take care of her son, Soo Eun reflected bitterly, but this is going to be the last time she sees him.

 

I’m sorry, Yuna. Really, really sorry.

 

Sehun emitted a low growl of frustration and ran a hand through his hair as he paced the room listlessly. His mom had just cheerily informed him that Soo Eun would be travelling with him on his voyage the next day.

 

“Dude, stop that. I’m getting a headache. It can’t be that bad right?” Kai complained from his perch on the bed.

 

“She’s only going to ruin things. Why does she have to come? Does mom think I can’t take care of myself? I’m twenty-two for goodness’ sake!” Sehun whined.

 

“Well, there’s a reason why your mom’s worried. She can’t lose you, not after…”

 

“I know, but that girl is going to disrupt my plans. How can I continue without her noticing?”

 

“Well at least she’s mute, she can’t tell anyone anyway.” Kai pointed out.

 

“Kai, she can write.” Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“Whatever,” Kai shot back, “but hey, you have to admit that you’re a teeny bit happy about this. Don’t you think she’s cute?”

 

“Girls are nothing but trouble.” Sehun replied coldly. Kai could detect the underlying meaning of his words and sense the seriousness of his tone, so he decided to stop teasing.

 

“Anyway, just focus on recovering so you can come with me on my voyages again. Not that I really need you but...” Sehun rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, silently cringing at his own mushiness.

 

“Aww. Just admit it, you love me - OW!” Kai gasped as Sehun socked him on the head with a pillow.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter