History

Cursed Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Break it! 욕망의 반칙

Move it! 파괴란 미덕

Break it! The breaking of desire

Move it! The virtue of destruction

 

                                       -History, EXO

“Oh Sehun?” Soo Eun could have sworn she had heard of or seen that name before, but whatever it was, she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. The surname especially was particularly familiar.

 

“That bastard,” Seulgi hissed through clenched teeth, “is trying to wipe out the entire siren population! What did we ever do to him? All we do is feed on males, which we need in order to survive, and it’s not like we ever touched him before, and now we’re only left with you, me, Yeri, Irene-”

 

“Now, now, Seulgi, don’t fret. Now that we have Soo Eun to help us, we’ll be able to exact revenge, won’t we?” Dan Bi patted Seulgi’s arm lightly and cooed in a soothing tone.

 

There had been a question lingering at the back of Soo Eun’s mind all this while.

 

“Why… why do I have to be the one to do it? Why can’t any other siren,” Soo Eun gestured accordingly to Seulgi, “kill him for you?” Not to mention the fact that Seulgi looked like she would be more than happy to blow the brains of Oh Sehun out.

 

“Ah, my dear, I was just about to get to that. You see, you don’t qualify as a pure siren, as you still have mortal blood running through your veins. You don’t display the full characteristics of a true siren. How do I know this? Because I’m the smartest sea witch there ever was!”

 

“And so…?” Soo Eun prompted, scoffing inwardly.
 

 

 

“So, my dear, Oh Sehun is less likely to identify you as a real siren. Your cover is less likely to be blown.”

 

“Wait, you mean I’ll be disguising myself?” Soo Eun confirmed, eyes widening in disbelief.

 

“No, darlin’, we’ll give Oh Sehun the advantage of recognising you as a siren at the first sight and his sword will be pointed right at that heart of yours before you can even mouth the words “I’m not actually a siren”,” Dan Bi rolled her eyes while padding slowly over to musty cupboard stocked with jars of what Soo Eun presumed to be ointments.

 

“Obviously you’ll need a disguise,” Dan Bi lifted a few jars off the shelves and began mixing together a concoction of liquids. The final product was murky-grey and looked decidedly unappetizing to Soo Eun, who wrinkled her nose in disgust.

 

Dan Bi transferred the liquid to a small bottle about the length of Soo Eun’s pinky. She the bottle into Soo Eun’s hands.

 

“What’s this?” Soo Eun questioned suspiciously.

 

“This,” Dan Bi puffed her chest out proudly, “is just another one of my ingenious creations! Now, listen carefully. The moment you drink this, you will revert back to your original mortal form. Legs, toes, and all that. You will no longer be able to survive for long underwater.”

 

A sudden spurt of cheer spread across Soo Eun’s heart.

 

“There may be a couple side effects after you take the potion, but they shouldn’t be nothin’ too serious, and you’ll be right as rain after a while,” Dan Bi added hastily, and Soo Eun thought she noticed Dan Bi trying to avoid her gaze.

 

“But you have to return to the sea at twelve midnight exactly, every night. If not, you will turn back into a siren and your cover will be blown. Boom.” Dan Bi smacked a tentacle down on the nearby table to emphasise her point.

 

“You will have to find a wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter