Can't Bring Me Down

Cursed Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeah 是是非非黑白灰

端看心中的天平 (Yeah)

邪恶念头躲藏在善良面具后面

破灭后石化成堆当成荣耀的祭典

今天把它通通打碎

You will never ever bring me down

Yeah, right or wrong, black white gray

Look at the scale in your heart (Yeah)

Evil thoughts hide behind kind masks

Fossilize into piles become a honorable ritual

Destroy them all today

You will never ever bring me down

                                             -Can’t Bring Me Down(Chinese Ver.), EXO

Soo Eun let out a gasp of relief as she saw the young man’s eyes flicker slightly. She had tried her best to resuscitate him, anf finally she was seeing some results. The black haired man widened his eyes as he caught sight of her but almost immediately, his eyes shut again and he fell back into slumber.

 

Soo Eun placed a thumb on his pale wrist and felt around for a pulse, which she found to her relief, light but steady. Soo Eun quickly scanned the area and thankfully, no mortal was in sight.

 

Soo Eun’s hands wandered to the man’s sides, where she felt something sharp and cold prod her skin lightly. Soo Eun lifted the man’s arm up gently and found a sword tucked safely away in its sheath. Engraved on the cold metal were the words “Oh S.H.”

 

Staring at the man’s pale skin and stark black hair, she sighed and let go of the stranger’s arm. How she wished she had listened to her father. Now she was tasked with an almost impossible mission that she didn’t have the slightest guts to accomplish. She couldn’t even stomach the thought of holding a knife with the intention of slaughtering someone.

 

A sudden stab of pain in her chest brought her back to reality before she could drown in self-pity. Her lungs felt constricted and she gulped for air desperately. Her vision started to spin. With her last ounce of strength, Soo Eun dragged herself back into the tumultuous waves.

 

She submerged completely in the waves and instantaneously her breathing returned to normal.  Shocked from the series of events that just took place, she didn’t know what to do. Soo Eun figured that now would be a great time to start heading back to Dan Bi’s lair.

 

She slowly dragged herself (her tail or as she called it, the boulder, was still hard to get used to) into the dim cave. She had expected to find Dan Bi bustling around but what she saw was a girl with hair the color of gold frantically swishing her tail around.

 

“Ah, there she is! Look behind you, darlin’,” Dan Bi patted the girl’s back and she whipped around quickly.

 

Upon catching sight of Soo Eun she rushed towards her at the speed of lightning. Tears streaked the girl’s face as she clutched Soo Eun’s hands tightly.

 

“You absolutely have to kill that devil spawn. He killed..killed…” She broke into sobs as Soo Eun stared in utter astonishment. The girl’s body shook with sobs.

 

Dan Bi silently swam towards the distressed girl and slowly dragged her away from Soo Eun. “Come with me, little human. We need to talk about that deal.” Dan Bi beckoned Soo Eun to follow her.

 

 

“Kai! Put up the sails. We’re nearing siren waters.” Sehun stood on the deck, observing the lightning that streaked the sky in random flashes of  bright light. His right hand was tightly wrapped around the bejeweled hilt of a sword.

 

Squinting, he could make out the silhouette of a woman with long hair sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter