Lucky

Cursed Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

너를 만났던 건 lucky

 

I met you, I was lucky

 

                            -Lucky, EXO

 

 

Soo Eun gaped in horror. The old woman was looking at her, awaiting her response. All Soo Eun could do was stare back.With shaking hands, she reached up and covered .

 

What happened to my voice? There aren’t supposed to be any side effects right? Just then she recalled her conversation with Dan Bi.

 

“There may be a couple side effects after you take the potion, but they shouldn’t be nothin’ too serious, and you’ll be right as rain after a while.”

 

Soo Eun clenched her fists in anger. That darn witch! Upon seeing the young girl struggle to form words, the elderly woman threw a slightly puzzled glance at her.“Are you all right? I’ll take you to my house. You can warm up and we’ll find a way to get you home.” Soo Eun numbly nodded, her mind still in an array of thoughts. Oh the irony. A siren without a voice.

 

“By the way sweetie, my name is Yuna,” she smiled down tenderly at Soo Eun as she helped her back onto her feet. It took some time for Soo Eun to get used to her legs but with Yuna’s support, the pair slowly made their way to town.

 

Beads of sweat rolled down Kai’s face. Sehun sat by his bed, wringing his hands in worry.

 

“Make sure to keep him cool and check his body temperature every hour. If there’s a sudden change in his condition, contact me immediately. He should be waking up by today,” Doctor Kang told Sehun before he left.

 

Shutting the door behind Doctor Kang, Sehun hurried to prepare bandages and cold water for Kai.

 

It had been hours since the doctor had left. Kai was still not stirring and Sehun was getting more worried as seconds ticked by. Please be alright Kai.

 

Eventually, Yuna and Soo Eun stumbled through the doorway of Yuna’s home. After making sure Soo Eun was comfortable, Yuna hurried to get her a cup of tea and some warm blankets. The poor girl must be so tired and cold.

 

Soo Eun looked around her and scanned her surroundings. The little house gave off a relatively earthy vibe, as its interior was mainly hues of cream and brown, but what really caught Soo Eun’s attention was the large array of seahorse and ship keychains that dotted the display cabinets and bookshelves.

 

Maybe Yuna’s husband is a sailor?

 

But the most pressing question remained in her mind.

 

How am I going to get to Oh Sehun?

 

Upon hearing the the sound of footsteps shuffling around on the first floor, Sehun hurried down to greet his mother.

 

What he didn’t expect to see was a girl sitting on the couch.

 

A girl with raven black hair. And as her eyes met his, his blood ran cold. He had seen those eyes before. Those bright eyes. Were they from a dream?

 

He tried desperately to recall where he had seen those eyes, that streaky black hair, the cherry-stained lips, but to no avail.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter