Prologue

Cursed Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Death of sailor, aged 36, marks the twelfth death caused by sirens within the year, the headlines blared. Lee Jae Hyuk furrowed his eyebrows together in concentration. He shuddered at the thought of how something so beautiful could possibly be so dangerous and vile. Jae Hyuk made a mental note not to join the guys this year for their annual fishing trip.

 

As he passed the cashier a silver coin and retrieved the newspapers, the sound of noisy chatter filled his ears. He rolled his eyes and dashed quickly out of the shop, not wishing to partake in the endless gossip that the infamous ‘ladies of Auroria’ never seemed to get tired of.

 

“...next to Lee Jae Hyuk isn’t it? The guy with a receding hairline and those horrible glasses?” A nasal voice squawks.

 

Jae Hyuk frowned. They did not just comment on his receding hairline.

 

“No. Way. You’re telling me Jakyung the witch lives there? And owns a well full of magical water?”

 

Jae Hyuk stopped dead in his tracks when he heard the name Jakyung.

 

Jakyung, the mysterious neighbour who moved in beside Jae Hyuk and his family a month ago? A witch? A well of magical water? Jae Hyuk always knew these ladies had a screw or two loose up there, but he never knew the full extent of their insanity until that day.

 

“Apparently Younghee saw her last night. She told me that the water can bring whoever drinks it good luck and prosperity!”

 

I’ve got to tell Jiyeon, he thought as he raced across the busy streets of the town, trying to get to his wife as soon as possible.

 

~

Night settled over Auroria like a dark, shimmering cloak filled with stars. Jae Hyuk and Jiyeon rehearsed their plan for what seemed to be the millionth time.

 

Finally, they stepped out of the backyard quietly and crept carefully over the fence. They didn’t have to look far i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter