Time Follows You and Fades

Love Is Not Over

 

Time follows you and Fades.

 

Jimin took a deep breath and tried to smile away the bad memories and doubts, he was ready to start again. Not in love but start again as a completely strong Jimin. He had friends who always supported him, of course he was going to be okay. 

"This is ridiculous Taehyung!" Jimin opened the door and Taehyung lifted his head away from the chicken bucket. He took the drumstick out of his mouth and chewed slowly, inspecting his friends new and improved appearance. He began slowly nodding as golden crumbs fell from his mouth.

"This. This is good," Taehyung got up and gestured Jimin's body before throwing a big thumbs up, lips still oily. Jimin grunted in disbelief, "Why am I doing this again?"

The chicken boy blew a raspberry while grabbing the latter's arm and guiding him towards the main entrance, they both put their shoes on but before they could leave Jimin looked back hesitantly, he stood still for a while and this made Taehyung worried. It made him extremely worried. He waved his hand in front Jimin's beady eyes in frustration.

"Let's go!"

"You didn't answer my question Taehyung." The said man turned back to open the apartment door and as he reached for the handle he told Jimin what he needed to hear.

"You need to move on."

Jimin puffed out his cheeks after hearing the cold truth. He nodded and followed Taehyung's steps gloomily. They walked out of the complex and entered Taehyung's car, Jimin sat in the passenger seat and watched as Taehyung struggled to buckle his seatbelt.

"When did you pass your driving test?"

"I got a really high score!"

Jimin scoffed, "No you idiot. On your practical, when did you pass? You can't even buckle your seatbelt, I don't trust you."

Taehyung placed both hands on the wheel and smiled at Jimin's scrunched up face. "Yesterday."

"Yesterday? Wait wha-"

Before Jimin could finish his sentence, Taehyung stepped on the gas and the car zoomed out into the main road. Jimin feared for the worst. He worried for his plants at home, his food in the fridge, his oven because he doesn't remember if he left it on, his favourite chicken delivery guy.

"I don't have life insurance."

 

The car drove into a semi-full parking lot that Jimin knew all too well.

"University? We're going to School?"

"Ta-da! We're going to School!"

"Is this why you came at 8am? To bring me to School? Are you ing crazy?"

Taehyung waved his hands around in order to defend himself from the slightly aggressive Jimin. "Look. You haven't attended any sessions this past week, you're supposed to be a model student so what better idea than bringing you here to make up for the missed study hours! Eh? Eh? EH?"

Jimin opened the car door and walked out moodily, he headed straight towards the exit of the car park carelessly. His one-track mind blinded him.

 A sudden and extremely loud horn blared in front of him. Jimin saw a vehicle flash it's lights but couldn't move because he's no superman. He tried to move his feet but it all happened in a blur. What he did manage to get out from the near death experience was that he was saved. He was saved.

As the vehicle quickly made an emergency stop, he felt strong arms grip his waist pulling him to the side. They felt warm and safe and everything Jimin was worried about suddenly disappeared. Jimin was stunned. He was shook and stunned. The arm stayed still around his waist until they slid off quickly, as if the person who had saved him was also stunned. The car drove off, bowing to Jimin as they passed by. Jimin did too.

"Jimin! Are you crazy?!" Taehyung sprinted towards Jimin after locking the car, he was completely breathless but had enough air in his lungs to scream at the latter.

"Did you want to die, huh?"

Jimin lowered his head and felt super apologetic as he saw the panic in Taehyung's watery eyes- how selfish he had been. He should've known better than to keep himself safe at all costs but he, once again, put his heart first. 

"Are you okay?" A deep, unknown voice called out.

Taehyung paused momentarily as he processed the third member of the party. His mouth was left slightly open when he realised who Jimin's saviour was. He quickly bowed and smiled catching Jimin off guard. Jimin forgot he was even saved so, he quickly spun around on his heels and bowed deeply following Taehyung's lead, a whole 90.5 degrees.

As he slowly straightened himself up, Jimin made accidental eye contact with his guardian angel and was shook for the second time that day. An attractive stranger stood upon him wearing a bomber jacket, skinny jeans and a loose white shirt. Strands of his coal, black, fluffy hair covered parts of his eyes and his pale, pink lips were in the shape of crescent moons. Jimin got one thing wrong: this man was no stranger.

"Yoongi-sunbaenim!"

Min Yoongi had a reputation; he had a small group of friends and all of them were talented in different aspects such as: sport, art, culinary. Yoongi just so happens to be the musically-talented one. Everyone knew he made love songs for the guys who wanted to confess to their crush and he even made songs for any student rappers. The so-called "multi-talented" group weren't unapproachable, the group itself was extremely kind and everyone looked up to them. Min Yoongi was considered the main man, but he never showed authority. Yoongi was completely modest. 

The said male scratched the back of head as he smiled wearily, he bowed at both Taehyung and Jimin but kept most of his attention on Jimin as he also took in his appearance. Jimin couldn't stop staring; Yoongi was like a celebrity. Here he was standing in the car park, he even saved him. Jimin was starstruck.

 They held the comfortable eye contact for a few seconds until Jimin broke the comfortable silence.

"Thank you so much. You saved my life! I can't thank you enough, thank you, thank you!"

"It's fine. It's better you're safe."

Jimin's heart warmed up as he admired the other man's calm and collected manner. He felt his cheeks going red due to embarrassment. The fact that a grown man needed help crossing the parking lot, not even the road, made him cringe into a prune.

Taehyung glanced at the two men, he was confused at first because this was the first time he'd seen Jimin being so bashful in front of someone else. The first time after after Jimin's big heartache. Maybe he was just overthinking it, but he saw hints of admiration within Jimin's beautiful, brown orbs.

After all, Jimin's ex was very, very masculine. Alpha male, a human embodiment of the testosterone but Yoongi was a respectable and demure human being. Yoongi was known for being a super trustworthy member of the University, he was a few years older than Jimin but he hung out with everyone. For Jimin to suddenly adore or admire Yoongi was unbelievable.

On the outside, Yoongi was sometimes passive aggressive. There were rumours of him being slightly violent outside of School but both Jimin and Taehyung couldn't see it being true. This smiling, good-hearted man violent? Jimin and Taehyung were the least bit intimidated, maybe intimidated by his presence but not fearful of him.

"I got to get going now. See you guys around, yeah?" 

Taehyung and Jimin watched on as Yoongi ran round the corner with a face still so bright and all things wonderful. As he disappeared, the two buddies couldn't move an inch- as if Medusa had just glared at them.

"Pinch me, I think I'm dreaming." Announced Taehyung.

"No, you pinch me, I think I just fell-" Taehyung suddenly whipped his head towards Jimin who had his arms crossed, he looked like he was flying through the clouds as his cheeks were as rosy as bubblegum.

"You fell?"

"Uh, I mean; I just fell for his smile. Super cool sunbaenim you know?"

Jimin, just like Yoongi, ran gleefully towards the exit forgetting all about his worries. However, unlike Yoongi, he looked so goofy.

Taehyung scratched his head in complete confusion as he watched Jimin's hair bounce up and down, "Did Yoongi just make Jimin smile?"

 

 

"Yoongi man, where have you been? We're going to be late to class!"

"Sorry, I got, distracted."

"By Jimin? Dude, you've got to stop stalking him, he's probably taken. You've been admiring him for what? A whole year now."

"Shut up."

"Not my fault you found him attractive as soon as you laid eyes on him."